• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Grimco has lost my business!!!

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I can't believe anyone would fault the supplier for this. 6 months? Just check the products when they arrive! It's your fault. It's also your responsibility to know the supplier's policy, if you don't like their policy then don't order from them.

Even if it is the clients fault we are talking about a few dollars to make the situation right in the customers eyes. Now look at how many people have read this thread who agree with the OP and who will probably think twice when looking at Grimco as a new supplier. Like the OP stated they are grommets and they don't go bad so it's not like they can't resell them. If it was a roll of banner I could understand but they are grommets lol.

Lol I'm guessing they are Having a blast reading these posts but hopefully it gives them an opportunity to be better in the future when something like this happens.

You simply don't mess with Signs101 people cause they can definitely hurt a suppliers reputation. :signs101::U Rock::notworthy:

jaybeeb

The specific material is not the point. And it's not about the value of the parts.

So where do you draw the line then? 9 months, 1 year, 3 years, Never?

Sorry, but the OPs situation does nothing to damage their reputation from my point of view.

Bly

It's not like Vinylman changed his mind.
They sent him the wrong part.

Very bad form.

Hmm maybe I can institute a policy where any mistake I make is the customer's fault if it goes unnoticed for 6 months.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
The specific material is not the point. And it's not about the value of the parts.

Sorry, but the OPs situation does nothing to damage their reputation from my point of view.

The lack of return phone calls and the time it took to get the answer (even if it was no) is the frustrating part.

Customers should not be treated that way, even if they are wrong.

Grimco is sometimes bad about getting back with me as well. Not to this extent, but I think they may need to work on their return call priority. Don't get me wrong, we appreciate Grimco, but we all have plenty to work on.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member

But it is the point in this instance, never risk losing an account over a bag of grommets. I'm sure they have a great reputation, apparently just not when it comes to their grommet return policies lol.

cdiesel

Our vendors are A+. We expect reasonable service. I would define reasonable as taking care of a small mistake like this, even if it's "against policy", and oh, I don't know.. returning phone calls?

visual800

Order your #2 grommets and then tell them they sent you number 1 and you want a refund, at least it will get you the right product. Its a damn bag of grommets I dont see why they just dont swap out

DizzyMarkus

A non pershible item should have been swapped out --- the OP was not asking for cash back, just a simple replacement of an error on Grimcos end. Shouldnt have been a big deal as they are even the same price :0)

My only problem with ordering from them is if I order 2 of one kind of aluminum and order 2 different, I am charged shipping twice from two locations. This is just an example but no matter what I plcae in my cart-- 2 items and I get two shipping charges. Called them and they told me thats how it is :0(

Markus

ironchef

This might be off topic a little. A couple weeks ago. A customer walks in wanting replacement on some dot numbers. He said the ones we did for him just flew off. Hahaha that was hilarious. He had little attitude and not wanting to deal with it, so i agreed to replace his dot numbers. Then after that he asked if he could change a couple digits from the original numbers i did for him. So right then and there i knew i was being played. I told him i would do it but would have to charge him. Some people are always trying to pull stupid ****. Not saying you guys are, but these protocols or procedures are in place for a reason. When dealing with suppliers. Employees have to follow said protocol. So my advise. Build a relationship with a manager, or someone that has the power to make decisions.

ironchef

Would you let your employees hand out stuff or exchange things, just because a customer is complaining or wanting cash back, exchange? No right? So there's your answer. Now if the local branch manager wont help you. Then that's a different story.

ICeMAnAbk

I used Grimco a few times. Mainly for aluminum blanks. Looked like ****, the paint was clumpy, holes were halfasses most of the time.
Most of their prices, sucked
I'd request new color charts, they'd never give them out.

I got use to price shopping often due to this. I used TubeLite for most of my product needs. They shipped everything on thursdays, now offer 2days a week (well back in 2009). NEVER.... had a problem. Accidentally overlooked an order one time and they replaced the product missing. very rare this happens but still, this company is reliable.

However, doesn't surprise me they didn't replace something from 6months ago. I'd go through every part of my order to make sure all my **** was right. it takes a few minutes to do and prevents problems. might as well!

d fleming

Ok, so this am our order from Grimco comes in, 54" roll of static printable, only 1 collar on roll shoved in a box, core crushed of course, 18x24 aluminum blanks are not 18x24, are 12x18. Last order from them had a poorly packed bottle of adhesive remover that leaked all over the UPS driver's truck. Staff on phone are rude and incompetent. Long ago, I quit doing business with Sign Supply because of their rude and incompetent staff. Person there was so rude (I will not mention the slimes name) that when he saw me at the next Sign Show, he wisely ran away. They were purchased by Proveer, another company that just...well, sucked. Now Grimco has purchased them. Apparently crap runs uphill. Thank goodness I am informed enough to know that Nazdar is the manufacturer of the inks for my Seiko so I'm not having to buy their rebranded 20/20 from Grimco. Better price as well. Grimco has the real losers in their billing department as well. How can such an incompetent, rude and clueless company still be around?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
This whole thing is all messed up.

Bottom line....... what does your invoice have written ??

If they indeed sent you what you didn't order, then you have all the right to b!tch.

Verbal communications don't mean squat. He said this and she said that and I said................ that doesn't hold up in court of law and it doesn't hold up in a simple business transaction.

Now............. they're not getting back to you on any count regardless to your favor or not, is poor business on any level.​

Probably time to move on and find a supplier that can meet your needs and demands.

Many members here seem to enjoy the term of 'Firing' their customers, vendors or whatever.... I see it more as a divorce. Neither of you can get along, bad blood between you and probably too much to get past, so you end it....... and move on with your life. Don't burn bridges or let your emotions run away with a business venture. You might need to come back some day and running a business with emotions rather than common sense will almost always bite you in the butt, when you least expect it.​

Unless someone has 100% wronged you and did you possible... or grave harm without leaving you any recourse, leave the names out of it. Just vent/rant all ya want, but be sensible about it. You easily could've gone to Home Depot or Lowes, picked up as many #2's you wanted if you really were thinking of fixing this and finished your project. You could've called a local sign guy and asked to buy or borrow some until your correct order comes in rather than looking to do battle in one swift post.

There's more than one way to skin a cat and still come out on top without any scratches.

rjssigns

The big take away is this. In today's market it is all about customer service. Taking care of your existing clients helps you get new clients.

Had my run in with Grimco a couple months ago. They apparently do not want or need my money. So be it. I get stellar service from others with no B.S.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Grimco burned their bridge with me when they shipped me liscense blanks with miscut and double cut holes (let alone bent on some) and wouldn't take them back ... that was about 5 or 6 years ago ... never had that problem when I could pick up in person. In person pick up, great stuff ... shipped to you ... sucks.

As it is I'm giving my current supplier one last rope to hang themselves with which they are doing a marvelous time of. Pretty much the way I see it ... is a divorce as well ... you really end up parting ways over frivolous crap that could have been avoided.

Already have one supplier that burned their bridge with us... they were always higher priced both our end and customer end and the msrp on the items were less than our standard mark up but we still put that pricing down ... came in every month in person and delivered goods, that guy quit, 3 months go by ... no one, suddenly the head guy comes in with this 18 year old kid saying that was our new rep ... never saw him again until 9 months later when we got a form letter telling us we don't have a rep, but we can still place orders over the phone. Mind you that was a marriage of convenience since they kept us stocked up and I never had to order and wait for things ... head guy came in 2 days ago ... almost a year and a half since we haven't bought anything from them wanting to try to sell to us again. told him promptly to give us a better price than what we were getting with other companies and I would buy from them again ... he got mad, said that was ridiculous ... words were exchanged and someone is now banned from the shop.

ironchef

I've used proveer and now that its grimco, i don't see a big difference. I'm going to continue using them as they are the closest to me, and they kept the manager from proveer which I've known for years. Being a nationwide company, they're going to be issues but you cant blame the whole company based on some bad reps or branch managers. Please state the city or state your from,if your going to talk bad them.I'm in Miami, and i have no complaints. In fact. I'm buying a mimaki cjv from them, and everything is running smoothly. My install date is set for July 11.

Last edited:

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I've used proveer and now that its grimco, i don't see a big difference. I'm going to continue using them as they are the closest to me, and they kept the manager from proveer which I've known for years. Being a nationwide company, they're going to be issues but you cant blame the whole company based on some bad reps or branch managers. Please state the city or state your from,if your going to talk bad about the.I'm in Miami, and i have no complaints. In fact. I'm buying a mimaki cjv from them, and everything is running smoothly. My install date is set for July 11.

Dude, I have to say it ... place of origin is on the top right of everyone's post. :thumb: Let's try to avoid reinventing the wheel.