• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Grimco has lost my business!!!

Bigdawg

Just Me
And I agree - the OP should have checked his order. I wouldn't have posted a thread - but it would have made me think about the vendor I'm doing business with if it had happened to me.

I guess I don't see the big problem Grimco had taking them back. If it is an unused product and you are exchanging for the correct product, I don't see the losing situation. Charge a restock fee if necessary - but I don't think just not getting back with your customer is the right thing to do.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Kindly....... what did the invoice have written on it ??

Integrity, business ethics and being dishonest........ none of this should matter. Please, what does your invoice have on it ??

• Even if it is their mistake, don't you see what you got when you get it ??
  • Don't you compare packing slips to invoices for cross references ??
  • When receiving from the UPS guy, don't you have to sign his tablet.... in turn then checking your packing slip or invoice ??

No matter what comes in for delivery from UPS, their own delivery guys or Pony Express, a good business person will always check... even if it is going into inventory.

The only thing on your side is the fact that they haven't addressed your problem regardless of who's fault it is. That's just plain bad. However, like Tech has said, this is a very small mistake and could've been avoided had you... or one of your employees been doing your job. Mistakes are made and quite often in today's careless ways of doing business. And this is quite evident on both sides of this one.

Again, if your invoice says you got what you ordered, then it should be replaced, pronto. If not, it's completely your fault and up to them if they want to help you out, but it should at least be addressed on their end.

12 bucks, 8 bucks, 300 bucks.... that's all baggage. Has nothing to do with the core problem.
Parts ordered.
Parts received, but not properly checked in.
Time goes by.
Now, who's fault is it ??
What the invoice say ??

Raulrdz

Called Grimco yesterday to order banner-up or power-tabs. They told me they don't stock them locally and would have to be shipped from MO. Three days aways. Last week I needed a short roll (10yd) of cut vinyl, they told me they don't sell short rolls.

Both occasions I call Fellers and had my stuff delivered that same day or next morning.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Well...not every vendor is a one stop shop. Ive learned that and I dole out my orders appropriately....3m stock here. Banner stock there....obscure items I might need to this and that place. If one place doesnt have it, you look at your next vendor on the list. No reason to complain that Grimco may not have it locally or be able to get it for you in 3 days or never.

The point of this whole thing was someone didnt check what they got in was the right product ordered to begin with AND the Vendor could have made a 3 second decision to keep the customer happy.

Sheesh.....keep on point here. If youre gonna flame a distributor like Grimco at least have a damn good reason to.

Techman

The problem is...
The friggin economy with its price increases. After 6 months of course there will be some kind of increase. Our local companies will not take a return after 14 days. My bee hive supplier will not take a return after 10 days,,, Personally, I take no returns after 5 days..

There is a well known scam trick where one purchases goodies and then returns them latter for a higher refund..

So while so many agrees that some company should bend over a little more to satisfy some forplay of a client,,, that fact remains it costs money to take returns.. Some clerk has to go back 6 months to verify a price,, then it costs about 3 bux just to write a return slip. Never mind all the time it takes to clerk the return in the first place. Anyone in bizz knows the books must balance..

Techman

In other words.. he should have cheated the system. And lied about what he received. There are consequences to every action. Many unintended...

give me a friggin break..
I never said cheat. I said return them. That means without all the friggin drama.. Just tell them you got the wrong grommets and want to return them.. It happens all the time..

ironchef

Coming from the restaurant industry. I'm trained to check my deliveries on the spot. If its not up to par, it goes right back with the driver. Same with signs supplies... if I'm too busy i make sure i get on the phone, you cant expect to get service after 6 months. No one has a policy like that.

Bly

Yes he should have checked the delivery but I bet the box looks identical in either size and it was an easy mistake to overlook.
It's a box of grommets ffs, not 30 rolls of wrap vinyl.
What price do you put on customer service?

Fatboy

Right ? Wrong? Who cares? Fact remains that if Grimco swapped the order at a very low cost to themselves this post would never have happened. How much did they save by not swapping it out? How much does this bad publicity cost them? Does not make any business sense!

Suz

Vinylman,

Thanks for your post here. You mentioned that you hope others will find this helpful and I do! Because of my own "Grim" experience with Grimco the same exact morning you posted this, it is helping me to make some decisions about my own little network of suppliers and business relations. I do not have very much buying power myself, I'm a small operator. However, my experience with Grimco comes by way of Northwest Sign Supply, a Company Grimco bought out. They have solicited me, not the other way around. I have tried to acclimate to the New "Grim Co" but they apparently don't really want me. I understand that, as they have not chosen me to be an important part of their network of Customers that they will serve. Again, I understand. However, I'm insulted. What Grim Co does not even consider is that my hubby (business partner) has a lot of buying power, far more than I have through his professional experience. If they knew more they'd be more concerned about how they have chosen to treat me and my little business.

I hope you get a phone call at least, and that they don't email you this... an apology and a desire to win you back.

Best wishes to you!

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Vinylman,

Thanks for your post here. You mentioned that you hope others will find this helpful and I do! Because of my own "Grim" experience with Grimco the same exact morning you posted this, it is helping me to make some decisions about my own little network of suppliers and business relations. I do not have very much buying power myself, I'm a small operator. However, my experience with Grimco comes by way of Northwest Sign Supply, a Company Grimco bought out. They have solicited me, not the other way around. I have tried to acclimate to the New "Grim Co" but they apparently don't really want me. I understand that, as they have not chosen me to be an important part of their network of Customers that they will serve. Again, I understand. However, I'm insulted. What Grim Co does not even consider is that my hubby (business partner) has a lot of buying power, far more than I have through his professional experience. If they knew more they'd be more concerned about how they have chosen to treat me and my little business.

I hope you get a phone call at least, and that they don't email you this... an apology and a desire to win you back.

Best wishes to you!

"Grim Co" that's pretty funny Suz! :toasting:

ICeMAnAbk

give me a friggin break..
I never said cheat. I said return them. That means without all the friggin drama.. Just tell them you got the wrong grommets and want to return them.. It happens all the time..

Ya, at Wal-Mart. Which I'm glad, because that company needs to ******* die.
Anyway, Yea, The good old order and switch.... Personally, I don't see an issue with doing it. You ordered #2s, got #1s, just reorder #2s, jam the #1s in the box. It's the same mistake from 6months ago, you're just making it more current. Doesn't change the fact you should OPEN AND LOOK INSIDE THE PACKAGE..... I don't like Grimco for their shenanigans in the past, but I can at least say when I got stuff from any company I looked at the order sheet and made sure I got everything and it's all correct sizes and colors.

Don't give that "Im too busy" excuse. Takes 5mins at most if you have a lot of ****.

Suz

Thanks Big Buddy!

Oh, and for more amusement (I didn't make it up) go here:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/grim
Somehow this all makes sense to me now. Haha!
So sorry Vinylman. I do feel your pain, hope this makes you giggle too.
Oh and Josh, if you do sell grommets, I'd buy from you. Currently I am getting them from "Perfect Fit" out of Seattle. They sell me some other goods too in the Sewing and Banner-making area. Great people, but I like to have options so when I order this and that I can throw in a smaller thing like some grommets.

"Grim Co" that's pretty funny Suz! :toasting:

CES020

I find it quite interesting that the OP is slammed for not checking the order, but Grimco gets a free pass on not checking the order on their end.

I'm not pro or anti-grimco these days, but just reading it, I keep thinking "Hey, isn't Grimco responsible for checking THEIR orders?".

This really was a no brainer. Swap them out and be done with it. I bet if you ask, 90% of the sales force would have taken the money out of their own pocket to not have this happen.

ICeMAnAbk

I find it quite interesting that the OP is slammed for not checking the order, but Grimco gets a free pass on not checking the order on their end.

I'm not pro or anti-grimco these days, but just reading it, I keep thinking "Hey, isn't Grimco responsible for checking THEIR orders?".

This really was a no brainer. Swap them out and be done with it. I bet if you ask, 90% of the sales force would have taken the money out of their own pocket to not have this happen.

Do you check your order from McDonalds before you drive off? Thats for $5.00. Why wouldn't you check a $500.00+ order from a company that supplies you? I don't like Grimco, but opening a package 6 months later, is your own fault for something that could of been taken care of months ago. If someone bought a sign from you, then came back 6months later and said that a line of text was the wrong color and they just noticed now, would you question that?

Just to put it in perspective.

CES020

Do you check your order from McDonalds before you drive off? Thats for $5.00. Why wouldn't you check a $500.00+ order from a company that supplies you? I don't like Grimco, but opening a package 6 months later, is your own fault for something that could of been taken care of months ago. If someone bought a sign from you, then came back 6months later and said that a line of text was the wrong color and they just noticed now, would you question that?

Just to put it in perspective.

No, I'm not one of those people that sits in line and holds everyone else up to make sure someone didn't forget my fries. If I drive around and find they are wrong, I'll park the car, go into the store and guess what? They ALWAYS make it right. Never have I had them tell me "Well, you should have checked it when we handed it you".

He wouldn't have to check it if they did what they were hired to do, send the right merchandise. So now he's the quality control for Grimco?

Locals Find!

No, I'm not one of those people that sits in line and holds everyone else up to make sure someone didn't forget my fries. If I drive around and find they are wrong, I'll park the car, go into the store and guess what? They ALWAYS make it right. Never have I had them tell me "Well, you should have checked it when we handed it you".

He wouldn't have to check it if they did what they were hired to do, send the right merchandise. So now he's the quality control for Grimco?

So, your saying If you drove off ate the meal, kept the receipt and the bag in your car for 6 months later clean out your car and realize they didn't give you your fries you should be able to go back and expect to get them.

Sorry, NO WAY!!! Grimco didn't screw up the OP did. If you didn't check your order for 6 months. Its all on you. I wouldn't have even acknowledged your presence if you called me up with crap like that 6 months after the fact. I would have personally fired you as a customer for wasting my time with piddly whining crap like that.

O

onlinestar

I also had that I believe was terrible unethical experience with grimco and did my best to give them as little of my $5m business as I could. "grim co" - spot on!

CES020

Grimco didn't screw up the OP did.

That's a dumb analogy. Food goes bad, grommets don't.

You're right, Grimco sent the right items......oh wait, no they didn't.

We're talking about hardware, not a $1,200 roll of media. If you order a box of 1/4-20 screws, do you physically open them and put a thread gage on them to make sure they aren't 1/4-28 instead? I seriously doubt it.

I'm simply suggesting that Grimco does have some role in this. Some of you act like this is 100% the OP's fault and 0% Grimco's. I just don't see it that way. Maybe it's 50/50, but it's certainly no where 100/0 on the OP's side, in my opinion. He wouldn't have the problem if they would have sent the right items in the first place.