• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Grimco has lost my business!!!

mark galoob

it seems like it would have been a whole lot cheaper for them just to fix the darn issue in the first place...now its 4 pages in and the thread is till moving and grooving...this will def cost them way more in business than if they would have just fixed the problem...

mark galoob

tomence

Yeah said:
Customer is always right, you know why, because he has the money to spend to feed you. You don't care for your customers you lose business. What would cost them only $100 to replace the item, now it cost them more than that. Not just money but bad reputation.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
...Yeah, yeah I get your philosophy, the customer is always right...

Apparently you don't get it. The customer isn't always right, I'm always right. I always try to cooperate with the rest of the external reality on my terms or not at all.

O

onlinestar

Apparently you don't get it. The customer isn't always right, I'm always right. I always try to cooperate with the rest of the external reality on my terms or not at all.

Now this is deep

Vinylman

Well okay, it's been several days since my original post and I sat back and watched the little soap opera play itself out here on signs 101.

I appreciate the various and sundry comments that had been bantered back and forth. Some of them thoughtful and succinct, being right on subject, and a number of them proving the point that anyone can be called to jury duty but most people are totally unqualified.

I will choose in this particular response not to call out anyone for the stupidity displayed in their comments or their suggestions for retribution against Grimco. Each of us over a period of time will be given opportunities to make decisions regarding how we operate our individual businesses. And the manner in which we run our business will as a general rule dictate the outcome we can expect from it.

I have chosen for the past 28 years to run my business in a professional honest manner treating others as I would wish to be treated myself. There are times when I have failed miserably at living up to that example, but as a whole I believe my current and former clients as well as every one of my suppliers would say that I am a man of integrity. My pride in that comment is less for myself, and more about the parents that raised me To be a man of my word.

As to the issue of the questions regarding the invoice. With the company in question, and several other of my suppliers I have chosen to make immediate online payments to them with credit card information they have on file. Therefore in most cases once I have decided to make a purchase it is charged against my credit card and I never see the original invoice.

I am attaching a photograph showing the only labeling evident anywhere on the 2 packages that were included in the original shipment.

If any of the geniuses who have chosen to make negative comments about how I run my business can decipher the labeling and show me where it clearly defines these particular grommets as # 2 grommets please step up and share your expertise with those of us that are watching!

Like many of you when the package arrived, I opened it, observed HMMMMM grommets! And due to the fact that these grommets [the wrong size by the way] being brass in color, and only a 1/16th of an inch different than the ones that I had ordered, I put them away for the time in the future when I would have need of them.

We fast forward 6 months give or take a day or 2, and the current scenario begins to unfold.

Currently I am looking at almost 28 days since I 1st made my attempt to get this matter rectified with Grimco. I have yet to have anyone from that company return a single call, send me an e-mail or in any way contact me to try to resolve the matter equitably. And as noted in my 1st post, I was even willing to send both bags back and receive only one bag 500 count of the # 2 brass grommets that I really needed. So I don't believe that I was asking Grimco to do anything except work with an existing, long-term customer to resolve the situation in a manner that would make both parties whole.

And for the record, there is a back issue going back over 3 years when I 1st purchased my digital printing equipment and asked Grimco to assist in the initial set up, calibration and operation of my Mimaki printer where they dropped the ball BIG TIME. And in that particular situation we are talking thousands of dollars [not like the less than $100] in my current situation.

After the dust had settled regarding the printer fiasco I chose to continue doing business with Grimco because of some of the people I had met and worked with setting up my printer. Perhaps it was a different company and different people then. Certainly much different than the way they're handling this situation.

Well that about sums it up kiddos!:corndog: :corndog::corndog:s For everybody

Attachments

• Grommets.jpg
    Grommets.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 113

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, that about sums it all up. They fugged up and that's that.

Setting a stage with many parts of the information missing and letting this whole thread go in a wild goose chase is about all you accomplished.

You're gonna go on doing business in the manner you have been for 28 years and everyone else, pro or con is gonna keep doing it their way. No need for anyone to change, cause this whole thread after all these days did nothing to anyone except maybe wake up a few people as to how they should or shouldn't receive packages.

However, I think in the name of fairness to all the stoopid ones should be singles out. We should thrash and poke fun at them [and me] and beat them into oblivion for taking part in such a stoopid thread.

I still can't believe you have no written invoice stating what you ordered. On Grimco's part, that's terrible. On your part or any other customer not receiving packing slips, invoices or anything else, that's an accountant's nightmare and probably isn't even admissible at tax time. No IRS agent is going to accept a bunch of credit card statements without justifying a cross-reference as to what the item is in question.

ICeMAnAbk

If any of the geniuses who have chosen to make negative comments about how I run my business can decipher the labeling and show me where it clearly defines these particular grommets as # 2 grommets please step up and share your expertise with those of us that are watching!

Hm, looking at that picture, they do infact look like #2s. I can see your point. Was going to say check the part number you were given, but the one Grimco put on that bag is a ******** one. Which.... if they dont give you part numbers to match up, how the heck can u make sure you're getting the right stuff? Yea, I'd be pist.

Like I said before, Grimco, sucks. Least it was only a $30 issue. I still support John's idea of ordering #2s, then putting #1s in the box. **** em'! I'd suggest using TubeLite. I know another person here spoke highly of them as well. They do cost a tiny bit more, but the peace of mind is def worth the extra few bucks. I had the same delivery guy for 7yrs and the ease of fixing mistakes in orders (which rarely happened) was great. They dropped off some stuff when I was out once, the owner of the bodyshop signed for it while I was gone. Missing a gallon of one shot white paint. surprisingly no questions asked, and in 2days, had it shipped direct to me.

Most of the big name suppliers I personally felt like just a number to them. Consider the person on the phone, probably makes just above minimum wage, and doesn't really give two ****s. If they deny you, ask to speak to their manager/supervisor.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
However, I think in the name of fairness to all the stoopid ones should be singles out. We should thrash and poke fun at them [and me] and beat them into oblivion for taking part in such a stoopid thread.

ok,

shut up gino, you type too much....

Vinylman

Bulletin! Bulletin! Bulletin!

GRIMCO Lives!

I just got a call from the manager of the Grimco facility in Orlando, Fl. They are the ones who originally helped me with my initial purchase of the used Mimaki equipment over 3and1/2 years ago. [People of signs 101 something you need to be aware of, as noted above Mike called me from Tampa Florida. My shop and the primary source of my supplies come from the Cleveland/Akron area in Ohio.] So the fact that Mike would step up and out to handle this situation is greatly appreciated on my part.

Well it seems somebody's been monitoring signs 101, and my ongoing saga.

Kudos and a great big thank you to Mike from Grimco. Seems he not only understands the importance of good customer relations but also that many times the simplest answer is the best.

Mike is offering me a return authorization, and Grimco will give me full credit for the initial purchase of the grommets that were sent in error. Standup job Mike! We can only hope that all Grimco operations can be handled professionally and easily as you did with the simple phone call and effective communication, thanks again.

Folks, Mike, and Grimco have stepped up and done what was right. The fact that this issue is over 9 months old is partially my fault because I did not make a closer inspection of the grommets when I 1st received them. But Mike has corrected that issue and gone way outside the normal 30 day return policy that is standard for Grimco and I appreciate his efforts.

Mike and his people at Orlando:U Rock: have once again proved why my loyalty to Grimco was well-placed. As a result of his actions today I once again will be doing business with Grimco in the future. My experiences with Grimco over the years have been excellent, and now being able to move past this particular incident I'm sure will continue to be in the 99 percentile bracket.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Now, don't you regret your title a little ??

I'm glad you got your problem resolved, but I really find it odd that people use the site as a place to strong-arm a good vendor. With this title.... in a few days or weeks... anyone looking through the titles for good reads is gonna see what you first thought and wrote. Most people graze over the majority of posts and then move on.

My opinion, in all fairness.... you should do a 'Vendor Shout Out' for Grimco countering your initial title of this one.

MPW270

GRIMCO Lives!

I just got a call from the manager of the Grimco facility in Orlando, Fl. They are the ones who originally helped me with my initial purchase of the used Mimaki equipment over 3and1/2 years ago. [People of signs 101 something you need to be aware of, as noted above Mike called me from Tampa Florida. My shop and the primary source of my supplies come from the Cleveland/Akron area in Ohio.] So the fact that Mike would step up and out to handle this situation is greatly appreciated on my part.

Well it seems somebody's been monitoring signs 101, and my ongoing saga.

Kudos and a great big thank you to Mike from Grimco. Seems he not only understands the importance of good customer relations but also that many times the simplest answer is the best.

Mike is offering me a return authorization, and Grimco will give me full credit for the initial purchase of the grommets that were sent in error. Standup job Mike! We can only hope that all Grimco operations can be handled professionally and easily as you did with the simple phone call and effective communication, thanks again.

Folks, Mike, and Grimco have stepped up and done what was right. The fact that this issue is over 9 months old is partially my fault because I did not make a closer inspection of the grommets when I 1st received them. But Mike has corrected that issue and gone way outside the normal 30 day return policy that is standard for Grimco and I appreciate his efforts.

Mike and his people at Orlando:U Rock: have once again proved why my loyalty to Grimco was well-placed. As a result of his actions today I once again will be doing business with Grimco in the future. My experiences with Grimco over the years have been excellent, and now being able to move past this particular incident I'm sure will continue to be in the 99 percentile bracket.

It was my pleasure to assist you!

Fatboy

My opinion, in all fairness.... you should do a 'Vendor Shout Out' for Grimco countering your initial title of this one.[/QUOTE]

I think he just did Gino.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Kudos to Mike!!! He is our local (Tampa area) Grimco manager and a real stand-up guy... although I will never forgive him for letting Lance transfer...

But glad to hear a happy ending... just hate that it got to this point in order to get one!

Speedsterbeast

Well, that about sums it all up. They fugged up and that's that.

Setting a stage with many parts of the information missing and letting this whole thread go in a wild goose chase is about all you accomplished.

You're gonna go on doing business in the manner you have been for 28 years and everyone else, pro or con is gonna keep doing it their way. No need for anyone to change, cause this whole thread after all these days did nothing to anyone except maybe wake up a few people as to how they should or shouldn't receive packages.

I still can't believe you have no written invoice stating what you ordered. On Grimco's part, that's terrible. On your part or any other customer not receiving packing slips, invoices or anything else, that's an accountant's nightmare and probably isn't even admissible at tax time. No IRS agent is going to accept a bunch of credit card statements without justifying a cross-reference as to what the item is in question.

You spelled stupid wrong- twice

just saying.