• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Grimco has lost my business!!!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
My opinion, in all fairness.... you should do a 'Vendor Shout Out' for Grimco countering your initial title of this one.

I think he just did Gino.[/QUOTE]

Not here where it's buried, but an actual thread in the 'VENDOR Shout Out' section. Let it be known after all the dust settled, he got what he came here for. He got two bags of grommets for free after not telling anyone for 5 or 6 months. After dragging their name around in the mud and getting others to join in.... they actually came through. Fair is fair.

He has a title that doesn't do them any good. Why not make one by the same author announcing he was wrong about their reluctance to help ?? In fact, quite the opposite.

Fatboy

I do see your point Gino.It is just sad that these corporate giants have to be treated this way before they listen

andy

Let it be known after all the dust settled, he got what he came here for. He got two bags of grommets for free after not telling anyone for 5 or 6 months. After dragging their name around in the mud and getting others to join in....

I share you unease about this whole thread, it appears to me that legally written terms & conditions of trading are being replaced by digital temper tantrums and internet based blackmail.

Fatboy

I share you unease about this whole thread, it appears to me that legally written terms & conditions of trading are being replaced by digital temper tantrums and internet based blackmail.

And that is why England cant beat the Springboks lol

Border

I do see your point Gino.It is just sad that these corporate giants have to be treated this way before they listen
I agree with this.

PS...Avery still sucks!
Can't say anything about Grimco either way as I have never used them, yet. Sounds like some of their branch managers need some refresher courses in custy service, for sure.

Locals Find!

Glad mike was able to help you out. He is an ex-proveer employee. I tipped him off the other day about this thread and told him he should pass it up the line and do some damage control before they ruined their reputation. He is a good guy. Been working real hard to help me out and I am one of the smallest customers they have I am sure.

ICeMAnAbk

it appears to me that legally written terms & conditions of trading are being replaced by digital temper tantrums and internet based blackmail.

You Sir, Win 1 Internet.

Nice to see the problem resolved, however, it's a good black eye to Grimco. I'd still highly suggest checking your products outto prevent something like this later on. Even the OP admitted in his praise letter that he should of looked at the order closer.

Folks, Mike, and Grimco have stepped up and done what was right. The fact that this issue is over 9 months old is partially my fault because I did not make a closer inspection of the grommets when I 1st received them. But Mike has corrected that issue and gone way outside the normal 30 day return policy that is standard for Grimco and I appreciate his efforts.

Nothing personal, we all make mistakes, and there is a good 30day policy. I'd just suggest next time trying to talk to supervisors/managers before you flip off on the company when the person on the phone is just doing what the company's directives say. Nice on Mike, proof people higher up the ladder can make things right since they have the power to do so.

tiffanykrt

We are not happy with Grimco's shipping charges either. I ordered 15 handicap parking signs and they charged us $15 for shipping. Not bad when you think about how heavy 15 handicap signs are stacked together. I ordered 3 Stop signs and they charged us $45 for shipping! They said because they were oversized. A 30" tall stop sign is not oversized! I shipped a 25lb box that was 40" tall to NJ from VA just yesterday and it only cost us $18. And that box was not considered oversized. Grimco said alot of people have complained about their Stop sign shipping charges, but they aren't making any adjustments. Whatever. I just ordered Stop signs from a more local vendor - they were $10 cheaper AND free delivery. Won't be buying Stop signs from Grimco anymore.

HulkSmash

We are not happy with Grimco's shipping charges either. I ordered 15 handicap parking signs and they charged us $15 for shipping. Not bad when you think about how heavy 15 handicap signs are stacked together. I ordered 3 Stop signs and they charged us $45 for shipping! They said because they were oversized. A 30" tall stop sign is not oversized! I shipped a 25lb box that was 40" tall to NJ from VA just yesterday and it only cost us $18. And that box was not considered oversized. Grimco said alot of people have complained about their Stop sign shipping charges, but they aren't making any adjustments. Whatever. I just ordered Stop signs from a more local vendor - they were $10 cheaper AND free delivery. Won't be buying Stop signs from Grimco anymore.

ok?

HulkSmash

This is possibly the dumbest thread ever. If you sold a small 10inch x 10 inch sign (about cost of box of grommets) and some guy comes back 5 months later saying the text was not exactly what he wanted, would you redo the sign for free because he didn't look at it for that long?

no

ironchef

I love grimco! Had my cjv30 installed last week, and grimco (tampa and miami branch) have been awesome to me. The tech/installer was super helpful and knew every question i threw at him. Thanks mike!

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
This is possibly the dumbest thread ever.

I wouldn't say so, he tried the official route, couldn't get resolved satisfactory in the manner it should easy have been (i.e. they ignored him) and he came on here, said why he was displease, issue resolved. We all have bad instances with suppliers, I stated earlier that I have bad experiences with grimco, and as such won't order from them ... If I can pick up in person I will be more than happy to order from them, but again ... bad experiences say avoid them because you'll have issues.

Could be worse, it could have been talking about how someone didn't get refunded for that burger that was mentioned earlier and now they are boycotting McEvils ... with 5 pages of replies.

Mosh

We are not happy with Grimco's shipping charges either. I ordered 15 handicap parking signs and they charged us $15 for shipping.

They deliver to me for FREE twice a week!!! On the odd times I get something shipped I always ask if they can help out on it. They either cut it in half or on big orders they cover shipping 100%.

I got coro stands from Grimco yesterday that should have been black, they are silver.

I looked up returns contact on Grimco webpage today and wrote them.

In about an hour they wrote me and are sending correct product, no charge and no need to return other product.

Nice.

Freese

I love grimco! Had my cjv30 installed last week, and grimco (tampa and miami branch) have been awesome to me. The tech/installer was super helpful and knew every question i threw at him. Thanks mike!
Their tech, Mike, in Florida is the man!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I tried to sign up for an account (Guam is listed in the drop down menu) at about the mid point of this thread to see what all the fuss is about.

No reply from them so far.

wayne k
guam usa