• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Grimco has lost my business!!!

Locals Find!

That's a dumb analogy. Food goes bad, grommets don't.

You're right, Grimco sent the right items......oh wait, no they didn't.

We're talking about hardware, not a $1,200 roll of media. If you order a box of 1/4-20 screws, do you physically open them and put a thread gage on them to make sure they aren't 1/4-28 instead? I seriously doubt it.

I'm simply suggesting that Grimco does have some role in this. Some of you act like this is 100% the OP's fault and 0% Grimco's. I just don't see it that way. Maybe it's 50/50, but it's certainly no where 100/0 on the OP's side, in my opinion. He wouldn't have the problem if they would have sent the right items in the first place.

Its only Grimco's problem for the first 30 days. After 6 months its 100% the OPs Problem. Grimco doesn't know if the OP is trying to pull a fast one by claiming some grommets he bought off of ebay came from them. 6 months is just way to long. As for the OP not getting called back for a while. I think Grimco probably had bigger issues to deal with and back burnered the small Grommet issue. I know I would have.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Thanks Big Buddy!

Oh, and for more amusement (I didn't make it up) go here:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/grim
Somehow this all makes sense to me now. Haha!
So sorry Vinylman. I do feel your pain, hope this makes you giggle too.
Oh and Josh, if you do sell grommets, I'd buy from you. Currently I am getting them from "Perfect Fit" out of Seattle. They sell me some other goods too in the Sewing and Banner-making area. Great people, but I like to have options so when I order this and that I can throw in a smaller thing like some grommets.

Lol that's great! I will see what I can get grommets for but I'm planning on rolling out a new program where you will get a free bag of #2 grommets with every roll of banner material purchased. It's a few weeks out but will keep you posted for sure.

34Ford

Why in the heck are you people comparing pizzas and hamburgers to grommets?

For the love of pete.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I can't believe anyone would fault the supplier for this. 6 months? Just check the products when they arrive! It's your fault.

Please explain using simple declarative sentences just how party A sending the wrong thing to Party B is party B's fault. Perhaps in your village there exists some statute of limitations on shipping the wrong product.

It's also your responsibility to know the supplier's policy, if you don't like their policy then don't order from them.

The only policy of interest is my policy, not their's. I will take note of anyone else's policy on the day that I become employed by them. As long as I'm the one paying the money, I'm the one that gets to make the rules.

Even if that were not the case, do you figure that it's reasonable for any client to review and keep current all of their vendors operations policy and procedures before doing business with them? If so, it must be a laugh riot to go grocery shopping with you.

Suz

Last time I went thru the Mc-D drive thru they screwed up my order and instead of my usual fillet-o-fish, I got grommets. (Just Kiddi'n!)
:munchie:
Sorry, I just like the hamburger smilie thing and looking for an excuse to use it.

But really though, they did mess up my order at Mc-D's a few days ago. It has nothing to do with grommets... but this is what happened:

I'm in the drive thru, lots of cars behind me. They don't have everything for my order so they tell me to pull forward and wait, which I did. Now I am no longer in the line. I finally get my order, an employee walks it out to the car. So, I figure after all that waiting, I can leave. Half way out of the parking lot I realize there are no drinkies. Oopsie. Now I gotta park (again) and walk in. There is a long line, so I have to wait some more. At last, I'm up, tell them they forgot the drinks. They get the drinks for me and guess what, offer me free cookies or any other thing I might want for desert. Now that makes it all worth it.:cool1: I didn't want the desert but hey, it gave me a better feeling about my experience.

Will I come back to McD's - yes. They are always good like that. That is why they are still selling hamburgers.

Locals Find!

Please explain using simple declarative sentences just how party A sending the wrong thing to Party B is party B's fault. Perhaps in your village there exists some statute of limitations on shipping the wrong product.

The only policy of interest is my policy, not their's. I will take note of anyone else's policy on the day that I become employed by them. As long as I'm the one paying the money, I'm the one that gets to make the rules.

Even if that were not the case, do you figure that it's reasonable for any client to review and keep current all of their vendors operations policy and procedures before doing business with them? If so, it must be a laugh riot to go grocery shopping with you.

Hey bob almost every company I do business with has clearly posted return policies either on their website or on the receipt.

ironchef

You forgot the drinks? Lol that's the first thing they give you, right after you hand them sum cash. Lol

Suz

Oh trust me, I didn't forget the drinks, they just didn't give them to me. It was a hot day too. Three employees at the window, all looking stressed out... they seemed to be tripping over themselves. But yeah, usually it's the first thing they give you is the drinks! :wink: It's sort of like a pacifier, haha!

You forgot the drinks? Lol that's the first thing they give you, right after you hand them sum cash. Lol

ironchef

I guess that's the age or era were in, everyone wants everything now, fast, and perfect, no exceptions, no leniency . Lets just all take that into consideration. No ones perfect. Are you?.... how bout we all get a little patience and live life to the fullest. Oh and some common sense too. Mr. Op i feel your distress, but let this one slide my friend. Life's too short.

Suz

Yes, it is funny. Who doesn't like hamburgers and pizza, LOL...
and how 'bout some worms on the side? Oh, wrong thread.:Oops:

Last edited:

ICeMAnAbk

Will I come back to McD's - yes. They are always good like that. That is why they are still selling hamburgers.

Thank god, someone else understands the check before you go idea. You don't have to sit infront of the window to check your order, you could pull ahead. Likewise, open the box, take a minute to check your order from whatever supply company you have. People make mistakes all the time. Checking your supply order is even easier! No hold up at the Grimco Drive Thru! :wink:

It's the same logic. If you say otherwise, you're in denial and probably seek out others to blame for your own mistakes of not checking stuff you order. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't like Grimco, but I wouldn't blame them about something you didn't check. That box could of had rocks in it, and you would of accepted it. LOGIC..... check your stuff. You're telling me if you got an expensive 4ft wide roll of media you would't check if it was indeed that, instead of just basic series 651 matte white vinyl? I'm sure every customer that buys a sign from any of us reads it to make sure everything is spelled right. If they didn't and came back 6months later because you spelled something wrong, you'd honor that?

I guess when Im on duty, I'll just order $80,000 Circuit Cards and not check the box ever. I's def gonna be right, right? Tax Payers would totally understand that!

Suz

Big Buddy,

You just throw a fillet-o-fish in there with a cup of coffe and I'll bite! Haha! No really, great idea for marketing. You are such a Customer Service person. Love that! I'm really enjoying that poster paper you sold me, by the way! Oh and that natural banner stuff (forget what that little scrap sample was), I love that too. Gonna get some soon.

Hope all is well with you!

Lol that's great! I will see what I can get grommets for but I'm planning on rolling out a new program where you will get a free bag of #2 grommets with every roll of banner material purchased. It's a few weeks out but will keep you posted for sure.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
i get vinylmans frustration, but i wouldn't cut off a supplier for this.

keep calling and drop a few f' bombs when you get someone important on the line, they'll eventually make it up to you...

Suz

Hamburgers, Pizzas, and worms aside...
I actually agree with this post 100 percent! Vinylman had an ongoing business relationship with Grim Co, they could have helped him out here and replaced that $100 or so worth of grommets for nothing. In fact, he was willing to pay the difference from what was their error... He ordered #2's, got #1's. I don't care if it was 6 months later, if he was s good Customer and they wanted to make him happy and keep him, they would have helped him out.
Pretty Grim.

I find it quite interesting that the OP is slammed for not checking the order, but Grimco gets a free pass on not checking the order on their end.

I'm not pro or anti-grimco these days, but just reading it, I keep thinking "Hey, isn't Grimco responsible for checking THEIR orders?".

This really was a no brainer. Swap them out and be done with it. I bet if you ask, 90% of the sales force would have taken the money out of their own pocket to not have this happen.

Sign-Man Signs

I deal with Tublite. Sometimes prices are a little higher than Grimco but this would never happen with Tublite. I have always gotten excellent service with them. Sometimes orders sit on my shelf for weeks before I open a package. If it's wrong, not matter who's fault, I always get it fixed by Tublite. They understand service and long time customers. I've dealt with Grimco a couple of times and they are last on my list of vendors to call just due to poor service. Their $50.00 minimum really pisses me off. I'd do the re-order thing and tell them they shipped the wrong size and get a re-fund.

jaybeeb

It was already explained many times, but here it goes again. It was the supplier's problem for 30 days, now it's the OP's problem.

Personally, if this happened to me, I'd just find a way to sell them myself on Ebay or whatever instead of wasting my time begging for an exchange and whining about their policy.

The only policy of interest is my policy, not their's.

Yeah, yeah I get your philosophy, the customer is always right. But the truth is, the customer is not always right. Sorry, but there does have to be some ground rules in conducting a business transaction.

And as someone already said, taking returns costs money. Not to mention the fact that there is no guarantee of the condition of the returned item.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Could the OP please come forth and tell us what was on the invoice ?? Was it marked #2's or #1's ??

ddarlak

Go Bills!
It was already explained many times, but here it goes again. It was the supplier's problem for 30 days, now it's the OP's problem.

it's obviously both parties fault, grimco for not shiping the right ones and vinylmans for not checking it.

so, it this case the fault goes to the party that has the most to lose, in this case and every fricking case like it, the supplier ponies up and fixes the problem so they don't get a bad rep.

it's good of vinylman to post this, it should get them to change their habits when they see their customers bashing them on the most popular sign forum on the web.

I don't use grimco much, but the times i have i have had customer service issues, like the time they over charged my credit card $1400 , the time a sales rep call me and threaten me that i had signed an ink agreement and i couldn't purchase ink for my HP 25500 from anyone else.(when in fact i hadn't) When i told him to go chit in his hat and match the price, he did.

their customer service has leaps and bounds to catch up to fellers, until then, i'll use fellers most of the time.