• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Grimco has lost my business!!!

ironchef

Oh . im on forum runner. All it says is your name and the level. Like preppie, etc. I'm using motorola xoom.

SignLady81

Wow i'm pretty surprised from what people are saying on here about their service with Grimco!
My local rep goes above and beyond for me, and let's me make exchanges in situations like this, and even in situtaions where I may have ordered wrong, ie-the wrong shade of vinyl.
I guess it must depend who you deal with, glad I have my rep, she's great!

Freese

Surprised too at all the negativity, my local branch is awesome. I'm sure there have been mistakes but have always been on top of replacing or returns.

TheSnowman

Not to hijack the thread...but now this has me wondering, what if you do have two company's fighting for your business. I did a ton of business w/ Fellers over the years, but wasn't really 100% my only supplier, I've done a ton of business w/ Advantage over the years, and bought my equipment all from them.

Now, I'm flip flopping every couple of years between each company because the sales reps get in contact, and win me over. Now, I've had the Feller's rep coming in like every two weeks (which I really wish wasn't so often) and I basically have to schmooze him and act like I'm still doing business with them, when I'm really doing it all with Advantage. The website is easy to order, my sales rep doesn't bug me all the time...and those are the main two things that cause me to order from them, along with great customer service and pricing.

Do you just basically slap them in the face and say, I'm switching suppliers, even though you didn't do anything wrong, or do you just dance around the questions all the time from here on out?

Bly

Not to hijack the thread...but now this has me wondering, what if you do have two company's fighting for your business. I did a ton of business w/ Fellers over the years, but wasn't really 100% my only supplier, I've done a ton of business w/ Advantage over the years, and bought my equipment all from them.

Now, I'm flip flopping every couple of years between each company because the sales reps get in contact, and win me over. Now, I've had the Feller's rep coming in like every two weeks (which I really wish wasn't so often) and I basically have to schmooze him and act like I'm still doing business with them, when I'm really doing it all with Advantage. The website is easy to order, my sales rep doesn't bug me all the time...and those are the main two things that cause me to order from them, along with great customer service and pricing.

Do you just basically slap them in the face and say, I'm switching suppliers, even though you didn't do anything wrong, or do you just dance around the questions all the time from here on out?

I tell them the price I pay and if they can beat it by enough I'll switch.
There's the service to consider too. If they are cheap but constantly let me down I have to jump ship.

SignStudent

I've had no issues with my local branch in Nashville but there have been several occasions when I called and got another branch and had issues. I'm sure most/all suppliers have their good and bad branches.

d fleming

My Fellers rep shows up once a month or so. Can't remember when I saw a Grimco rep.

Bigdawg

Just Me
do you have a tantrum over a 12 bux order?

Well... yes.

If it's my money. In the scheme of things... 12 bux adds up.

And if it was no big deal - since it was only 12 bux - then Grimco should have done the right thing customer-service-wise. They made a choice to not accommodate their customer - which is certainly within their rights - over 12 bux.. so obviously it means something to them too.

The amount has nothing to do with it. The customer service provided does.

And for the record I regularly use Grimco with little to no problems.

Mosh

My Grimco rep CALLS ME at least once a week! I get super service, maybee it depends on how much you spend with them.
For instance I used to get alot of stuff from Midwest Sign Supply, their rep would stop by all the time. Since I now hardly ever get anything from them I have not seen a Midwest rep for 3-4 YEARS.

CanuckSigns

I tell our sales reps that exactly, "your competitors website is much easier to use, and they only call on me when necessary" they appreciate the honesty and it helps them improve.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Okay, this just happened to us.

Wednesday, we were out of town on a store installation, so the vendor was instructed to put the material at a specific spot. We got back in yesterday and honestly forgot to look for these panels he dropped off. Our customer needs these signs by the end of the day.... today. Got in this morning and Jeremy was already printing the vinyl and cutting the copy, so I went out back to retrieve the panels. They were the wrong color. :omg:
Called the vendor and told him what happened. They only deliver to my area on a Wednesday and no exceptions, ever in the 35 years, I've been doing business with them.
When I explained what had happened and how do I get my customer fixed up, he said, I have a driver coming back in about an hour. I'll send him right up to you. You should have it by bout lunchtime. Let me also add, they are over an hour away from us. Close to 1-1/2 hour trip.... one way.

I said, well done, thanked him and he said no problem.... you're our lifeline and we have to keep you guys all happy on our end no matter what it takes.

We don't spend a whole heck of a lot with them..... maybe $2,000 a month and they still are treating us quite well, in my opinion.

Marie

We have always had good service from our local Grimco branch. When there has been problems with an order, we've always had it worked out to our satisfaction. They match lower published prices on same item. Maybe it is just the branch that we deal with, but they have always been friendly and helpful.

However, not promptly returning phone calls is just bad business and would really make me mad, too.

Techman

The next time a customer comes in demanding a $6 bux yard sign.. remember all this from above....

I imagine that grimco clerk sitting there dealing with someone having a 2 yr old tantrum and threatening to quit over a 6 month old mistake over a 12 dollar order.

Go over to home depot and get a pack of grommets for about half the cost and be done with it. All this life force burned up over being told no...

rjssigns

The next time a customer comes in demanding a $6 bux yard sign.. remember all this from above....

I imagine that grimco clerk sitting there dealing with someone having a 2 yr old tantrum and threatening to quit over a 6 month old mistake over a 12 dollar order.

Go over to home depot and get a pack of grommets for about half the cost and be done with it. All this life force burned up over being told no...

Remember what you said next time you have client issues.

And you still miss the big point about customer service. I have clients tell me point blank I cost more than some other shops. But then they tell me I am also the only one that delivers on time, on budget with no B.S. and my products last. CSR rules!

Techman

Got some Cheese with that Whine made from Sour Grapes? Should we call the WAAAAAAAMbulance?

I believe the OP put himself in a penalty box and wil remain there as long as he wishes. Grimco will never miss an order from one customer.
His best move was to order another box of grommets and later send the wrong ones back for a credit..

Bigdawg

Just Me
Got some Cheese with that Whine made from Sour Grapes? Should we call the WAAAAAAAMbulance?

I believe the OP put himself in a penalty box and wil remain there as long as he wishes. Grimco will never miss an order from one customer.
His best move was to order another box of grommets and later send the wrong ones back for a credit..

In other words.. he should have cheated the system. And lied about what he received. There are consequences to every action. Many unintended...

for example - suppose the guy who picked that order is on hiring probation? He is allowed 2 mistakes and this is number 3...

or everyone at Grimco tries to track down the error - wasting company time and resources - for an error which never occurred.

I prefer the straight-forward approach that the OP had. Honesty. Usually the best thing all the way around. No, Grimco will not miss one customer... but I'd rather quit buying from someone than have to lie to get the service i need.

Someone else nailed it... you've missed the bigger point. And I can't agree that dishonesty is the best way to deal with a vendor problem.

omgsideburns

It took you 6 months to check and see what kind of grommets you got? You don't like.. check them when they arrive? Read the box?

My Grimco sales rep drove one 3-liter box of ink to me because I needed it that day or I was going to be dead in the water. It was a 3 hour drive each way. The sales rep made the drive, not a courier or their usual driver. That's service.

andy

We check every delivery which arrives at the loading door..... it's not hard work, it doesn't take six months.

At some point you do have to take responsibility for your own actions.