• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Health Care Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

rparsons

I have no health insurance can't get any because, of a pre-existing condition. However, the way the law is written. I still can't get any from the exchange either. I have to prove that 3 companies will deny me coverage entirely. Since, the state of Florida offers an insurance program that only denies me partial coverage. (They won't pay for the per-existing condition part) I am stuck right where I was before the ACA.

This whole thing sticks worse than my last attempt at a logo design.

I thought the application didn't even ask about your health or medical history?

And if you don't want to enroll, you don't have to. You just have to pay $95, or up to 1% of your income penalty. Sucks, but, I'm sure some of us skirt more than that out of our taxes anyway.

Gino

Premium Subscriber

And if you don't want to enroll, you don't have to. You just have to
pay $95, or up to 1% of your income penalty. Sucks, but, I'm sure some of us skirt more than that out of our taxes anyway.

That's for this first year. By 2015, it will be closer to $680.00 per person.

Locals Find!

And if you don't want to enroll, you don't have to. You just have to pay $95, or up to 1% of your income penalty. Sucks, but, I'm sure some of us skirt more than that out of our taxes anyway.

According to the website cause Florida doesn't have an exchange I have to go to the federal exchange which is where the rules came into play. So, I am still without.

Fortunately, I got a light now at the end of my tunnel. My significant others employer just started to allow spousal, and domestic partner benefits to her plan. The company is offsetting some of the cost. Open enrollment is Nov 1. So, I just have to hold on 30 days longer.

Be the first time in over 6 years I will have insurance. My doctor might need a doctor when he realizes he will get paid on time for the first time in years. I am grateful he is a caring individual and has treated me regardless of whether I could pay or not and has always said to me, "don't worry pay what you can when you can I got enough"

Pat Whatley

Our insurance doubled in the last two years. It's through my wife's job, they may be dropping health insurance completely in the next two years. I'm figuring by the time it's all said and done we'll be at $12,000 a year.

Team Valhalla

Why is health insurance more important then finding ways & means to improve the economic strength of the people & country. & when you look at the Insurance business, it is legalize gambling.

Because it's about the vote.

Insurance is being "made available" to a high percentage of people that don't work for companies that offer insurance or can come close to affording it. Ones that can't afford the calculated premiums can get subsidies from the government to pay for it.

Now, according to the law, you must have insurance. With 8% of the population receiving some form of Welfare and 15% of the United States below the poverty level, that's a good number of voters to say to them... "Hey, you're required to have health insurance, but since you can't afford it, we're going to help you pay for it."

Now tell me, do you think that these people are going to bite the hand that feeds them? When November rolls around, who do you think they are going to vote for... someone that wanted to repeal ObamaCare? Don't think so.

I would really be interested in sitting down with someone that could explain to me how it makes sense that health insurance is now available to everyone... but if you don't sign up, you're going to be punished by paying a fine. What happened to having a choice here in the US?

The Republicans should come out and say... Look, we don't agree with this situation and it's going to put a burden on you and this country. But, we're going to go along with it because the other side of the isle won't come to the table. In 6 to 9 months, come tell us how much this "affordable insurance" is actually costing you.

That's when they could look them in the eye and say... Be careful what you ask for - you may just get it.

SP

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I can't wait to sign up,
I just hope gender/race reassignment if fully covered.
I want to get those "Women and minority owned businesses" preferential points on my next federal bid......
:rolleyes:

wayne k
guam usa

AzGene

Our insurance doubled in the last two years. It's through my wife's job, they may be dropping health insurance completely in the next two years. I'm figuring by the time it's all said and done we'll be at $12,000 a year.
Not too long ago that 12K a year was a mortgage payment on a comfortable house. There is something very, very wrong with this country nowadays.

artbot

:notworthy: that's a good one.

i'm an "outlier" so of course i plan on opting out for the first year. one thought, there will be a lot of people that opt out. i'll bet (not that i plan to, or even ever get sick in any way) they can still go to the hospital and demand treatment regardless if they have coverage or not.

this whole system is designed to fail. so that the next step will be national health care (single payer). there's no turning back regardless of how bad of an idea it is. this country only knows how to get more in debt, not less.

kanini

Since we only have small countries in Europe compared to the USA it's probably not comparable but we pay sickening taxes but then again we have almost free healthcare regardless if you have a high income or living on the street. For example (to simplify) if you get sick you pay about 30 bucks the first time you visit the hospital for that year and then you can have dentist care or a bypass or whatever care you need. It hurts when you pay the taxes but in a way it's a good thing to know you'll never fall out from the system completely if you get bankrupt (those who can't pay the small fee will get it from the city/govt.).
On the other hand Finland is now borrowing more money than ever (our national debt is skyrocketing) and politicians are crying for tax raises, tax on sugar, tax on fat and tax on everything so I don't know what's better, to pay hefty taxes or hefty insurance fees...

Typestries

Get this, and it happened to us and a customer of ours Tuesday. We've been customers for 10+ years, and fully paying our bills, Horizon BCBS decides to put in a "request for call" meaning they sent our broker a letter to call in about our account. Reason: our small group no longer fits their business model. They're sending a good size refund in 60-90 days. Bam, we both got FIRED by horizon. I ask directly "Is this because of Obamacare?" the response:we are now permitted to do this. So no direct answer, but buried somewhere in that nonsense is lots of stuff the carriers wanted in there. Once again corporations control Washington.

Bly

I don't fully understand the issue but it seems a rich country like yours could provide basic healthcare to those who need it.
I'm clearly missing something.

WildWestDesigns

The Republicans should come out and say... Look, we don't agree with this situation and it's going to put a burden on you and this country. But, we're going to go along with it because the other side of the isle won't come to the table. In 6 to 9 months, come tell us how much this "affordable insurance" is actually costing you.

That's when they could look them in the eye and say... Be careful what you ask for - you may just get it.

SP

I think you are giving too much credit to the general public. I highly doubt that that connection would be made.

I don't fully understand the issue but it seems a rich country like yours could provide basic healthcare to those who need it.
I'm clearly missing something.

Economically not so much. There isn't a way to do this to where it would happen on it's own naturally, it has to be "forced". Depending on how it is "forced" depends on the degree of how bad of an idea it is. Some degree of "forcing" is necessary depending on what you are taking about. There are market failures (externalities) that a true market system won't work. This compulsion specifically is a bad idea.

Unfortunately, a lot of people go by the emotional angle of something like this. Economics isn't known as the "Dismal Science" for nothing.

And this is coming from someone that doesn't have insurance and hasn't had it a very long time. Trust me, this bill doesn't make it any easier (affordable) in my specific circumstance.

rjssigns

Like artbot I believe the "system" was designed to fail opening the door to single payer. I doubt we're wrong...

artbot

or as horrible as it sounds maybe a definition of "basic healthcare" needs to be defined. healthcare costs rise exponentially for the elderly. the issue is not providing some medicine for this girl, or stitches for that guy. the issue is paying $1,200,000 to help a 90 year old person live 20 months longer. my mom's second husband is at this point the "six million dollar man". he is in the hospital every couple weeks with a new $50,000 bill. i can only assume that every tax payer on my street, the next street, and all the streets on the other side of the highway's taxes alone go straight to keeping this guy ticking for the next two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.