• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Health Care Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Anyone having any luck signing on to your states health care exchange?

I have been trying all day and can't get on New York's site...

John Butto

Hahahaha, just finished listening to Mr. O on the TV, call him and he will tell you about the glitches that happen when you do business for the first time. "If you have insurance already you do not do anything, if you do not have insurance you go to the website and sign up". That was his quote, not mine.

Techman

while you area trying to sign up and enjoying the failures.. I am watching my new health insurance premium rates skyrocket to the point I cannot pay it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't care....... why do we need it ?? I still have yet to find someone who can explain this and not just hem and haw and say things that make no sense whatsoever.

Like Tech, my rates are moving like crazy. My agent just told me to hang tight until this thing blows over, then she will go to work for me again. Sad thing is..... I just renewed a few months back and now they're gonna go up again, but with no rhyme or reason as to why..... other than..... it JUST can. :covereyes:

rjssigns

Anyone having any luck signing on to your states health care exchange?

I have been trying all day and can't get on New York's site...

Seems like a lot of sites are crashed according to another forum I belong to.

Guy also posted about his sister, BIL and kids getting zinged for around $2500 per year. Went from $4400 a year to nearly 7 grand.:omg:

don't worry you can keep your plan and it will be sooo much cheaper....:banghead::ROFLMAO::frustrated:

John Butto

I don't care....... why do we need it ?? I still have yet to find someone who can explain this and not just hem and haw and say things that make no sense whatsoever.

Like Tech, my rates are moving like crazy. My agent just told me to hang tight until this thing blows over, then she will go to work for me again. Sad thing is..... I just renewed a few months back and now they're gonna go up again, but with no rhyme or reason as to why..... other than..... it JUST can. :covereyes:
Why do "we" need it. You do not need the change because you work for a living. But a big part of Americans (15%) do not have any health care. So doctors, hospitals, insurance companies and politicians will reap money from the federal government by taking over the health care system. It will also secure a large voting block of people who will vote democratic because of being fearful free things will be taken away from them. Cisco just laid off 5,000 people today because of this bill.
I have no intention of getting into a slug fest with politics over this because I am not a red or a blue person but just giving my observations from reading and listening. I paid high health insurance for years and now a card carrying Medicare participant so feel lucky that I jumped out of the fire into the frying pan.

Billct2

Cisco just laid off 5,000 people today because of this bill.
Wow, that is news, so I looked it up, seems back in August Cisco announced ut will be laying off 5000 employees in 2014 due to the "slow economy" which resulte in their earning of only $2.23 billion in the last quarter. So unless there's a new story today that doesn't appear in a Google search the layoffs have nothing to do with health insurance.
http://www.businessinsider.com/cisco-will-lay-off-4000-people-next-year-2013-8

ddarlak

Go Bills!
last year I paid $7284 for the year and my deductible was $11,000....

yes, $11,000

yes, i said $11,000

so, i want to check it out and see if i'm going to stop paying for everyone else and get myself a break....

WildWestDesigns

Wow, that is news, so I looked it up, seems back in August Cisco announced ut will be laying off 5000 employees in 2014 due to the "slow economy" which resulte in their earning of only $2.23 billion in the last quarter. So unless there's a new story today that doesn't appear in a Google search the layoffs have nothing to do with health insurance.

This deadline has been known for a while. It would be very easy to say one thing in order to not have to deal with public opinion repercussions. Far easier to blame slow economy and not have to worry about having to pay extra for health benefits for employees. It may be true, but how easy it is for people to skirt around the truth nowadays, I have a hard time thinking of that at face value.

A lot of companies are playing around with hours etc of their employees to mitigate what they have to shell out for.

John Butto

John Chambers (one who runs Cisco) just doubled his salary. Everyone who was being laid off found out today. Coincidence that this health care rolled out today, John Chambers lobbied hard for the Republicans last election and warned people of this happening. He also said because of the person in office that he would invest more in overseas companies that in the US.

SignManiac

This will end ugly, not the thread but the whole health care law. I've talked with companies who plan on moving out and laying off people, cutting hours, etc. etc.

John Butto

last year I paid $7284 for the year and my deductible was $11,000....

yes, $11,000

yes, i said $11,000

so, i want to check it out and see if i'm going to stop paying for everyone else and get myself a break....
You are in one of the highest states for health care costs. You do get federal tax deductions for that, but, you live in a state with state income tax. My best advice to you is to stay healthy and cut back on the buffalo wings, beef on wick and beer.

Gino

Premium Subscriber

This deadline has been known for a while. It would be very easy to say one thing in order to not have to deal with public opinion repercussions. Far easier to blame slow economy and not have to worry about having to pay extra for health benefits for employees. It may be true, but how easy it is for people to skirt around the truth nowadays, I have a hard time thinking of that at face value.

A lot of companies are playing around with hours etc of their employees to mitigate what they have to shell out for.

We have one customer in particular, that has cut back on many things drastically and when you talk one on one with the higher ups, it has everything to do with this new Healthcare system and what it's gonna cost them. When it comes down to what they say publicly, they are very careful in how they word it. This whole debacle is costing them well into the tens of millions of dollars. Where will that suddenly new cost come from ??

I hope we can keep this thread going with out going political, as this is affecting more people than you know. While as John mentioned, it might not be affecting me/us directly, but it is affecting almost all of our customers, which results in you know what.............. what is the first thing cut, when corporate needs to pull back ?? :frustrated: A D V E R T I S I N G :covereyes:

GWSigns

Sitting quietly in the corner -

It is annual open sign up here at work for our insurance and they did not indicate to us our cost was going up.

We may not garner the big bucks in wages, but have unbelieveable insurance coverage.

My cost is $300 a year with a $600 deductable - Blue Cross & Blue Shield.

I guess I will wait and see. I went almost 11 years with no insurance because I could not afford the premiums.

They put this program into play just about two years ago and it has been a blessing to be sure.

Locals Find!

I have no health insurance can't get any because, of a pre-existing condition. However, the way the law is written. I still can't get any from the exchange either. I have to prove that 3 companies will deny me coverage entirely. Since, the state of Florida offers an insurance program that only denies me partial coverage. (They won't pay for the per-existing condition part) I am stuck right where I was before the ACA.

This whole thing sticks worse than my last attempt at a logo design.

Billct2

This whole debacle is costing them well into the tens of millions of dollars. Where will that suddenly new cost come from ??
As the article I cited said, Cisco made a couple billion dollars in the last quarter, maybe they could use some of that, and did John say the CEO just got his salry doubled? How many tens of million dollars was that?
And I'm not being political, this is about greed, there was a time when a company could take care of theri employees and still make a boatload of money, it just didn't have to be a boat as big as the Titanic.

Craig Sjoquist

Hearing of businesses just closing doors, because insurance cost skyrocket.
Hearing of businesses switching from full to part.
Hearing of many businesses except from forced healthcare.
To me there is something worn with being FORCED to buy anything .. Having options is another.

Why do those who make the rules except them self's ?

Why is health insurance more important then finding ways & means to improve the economic strength of the people & country.
& when you look at the Insurance business, it is legalize gambling.

John Butto

As the article I cited said, Cisco made a couple billion dollars in the last quarter, maybe they could use some of that, and did John say the CEO just got his salry doubled? How many tens of million dollars was that?
And I'm not being political, this is about greed, there was a time when a company could take care of theri employees and still make a boatload of money, it just didn't have to be a boat as big as the Titanic.
If you own Cisco stock, you would know it has grown seven fold under John Chambers leadership. He deserves the money he is making. If there was an leader in office as the president and he had business sense to made a profit for the US government, I would applaud him. It is not greed, it is business, they have to lay off to keep cost down and things are being outsourced and automated all the time. And government taxing to pay for the havenots who are unwilling to work or not qualified is where the business has to take care of what they have so all is not lost. Greed Sir, is rooted in politics, always has been and always will be.

Gino

Premium Subscriber

Yeah, and look at what happened to that..... it frickin' sank, killing more than half on board. So, I guess with that example, we're not looking too pretty good, huh ??

Status
Not open for further replies.