• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HEALTH INSURANCE!........How I loathe you!

sign girl

This is through the exchange. We only had 1 insurance company to choose from, Molina. All other insurance companies backed out. We were paying $650 a month. Now with the open enrollment it almost doubled. Our subsidy is only $200. It is ridiculous!

WildWestDesigns

This is through the exchange. We only had 1 insurance company to choose from, Molina. All other insurance companies backed out. We were paying $650 a month. Now with the open enrollment it almost doubled. Our subsidy is only $200. It is ridiculous!

Didn't qualify for any subsidy here, most around here don't seem to go through the exchange any longer. It's actually cheaper to pay the penalty, subsidize someone else and to not have insurance. In my situation, not saying that's the case for everyone, but it is in mine.

Yes, eventually when something happens, that's when it is no longer cheaper. However, depending on how long it takes to get to that point, can be a significant amount. I've just gone without treatment for the few "accidents" that I have had that I would have normally sought treatment. Of course, I haven't had insurance for well over a decade, so that would have been a long time ago when I would have went.

It is what it is. I highly doubt any "patch" to our system will ultimately fix anything. But that's just me speculating.

dypinc

Those rates and deductibles are insane.

As much as the wait times can be bad in Canada............I guess we do have it pretty good.

I don't understand how anyone can afford to pay those rates.

But what are the income tax rates in Canada for example? It has to get paid for one way or another.

TimToad

I really feel for you and your family. None of us should be dealing with this in the 21st century.

I've read that the states who fought joining the exchange and have only a few insurers to choose from are seeing the biggest increases. There also is some shennanagins going on by the insurers who wanted to influence the election. People's lives and health should not be used by profiteers seeking to gouge us even more than they always have.

The ACA in its current form without amending it to add strict limits on premium increases, drug cost negotiating power, etc. is by no means what our citizenry needs right now.

TimToad

• 15% on the first $45,282 of taxable income, +
  • 20.5% on the next $45,281 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over $45,282 up to $90,563), +
  • 26% on the next $49,825 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over $90,563 up to $140,388), +
  • 29% on the next $59,612 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over $140,388 up to $200,000), +
  • 33% of taxable income over $200,000.

So actually lower than in the U.S. but you get far more bang for your buck because of the lack of funding the 900 lb. gorilla (world's police force) and hundreds of billions less in corporate welfare.

David Wright

Well as a Christian I usually shy away anything associated with, like business organizations etc.
I will look but be wary.

decalman

Do you have to pray or make sacrifices to their gods or are heathens able to participate as well?

It has a Christian name, which is good. ( the name) Your reply is directed at Babylon, which is not good.
As far as making sacrifices go, thats a done deal. Jesus Christ is His Name.

player

A friend of mine had open a surprise heart attack, went in immediately for a massive open heart repair surgery. All the surgeries, doctor's visits, hospital time etc.- no charges at all. His son had a weird cancer and he was treated immediately as well. Again no charge. That's what makes Canada's health system great. I think those treatments could bankrupt some in the US, and others would not be able to even get the treatment because of their economic situation. In Canada everyone gets the full treatment for free.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
A friend of mine had open a surprise heart attack, went in immediately for a massive open heart repair surgery. All the surgeries, doctor's visits, hospital time etc.- no charges at all. His son had a weird cancer and he was treated immediately as well. Again no charge. That's what makes Canada's health system great. I think those treatments could bankrupt some in the US, and others would not be able to even get the treatment because of their economic situation. In Canada everyone gets the full treatment for free.

Free? Nothing is free including heath care in the northern reaches. You expect your neighbors to pay your doctor bills an then marvel that it's free. You are unhinged. Seek help.

When I resume my rightful position as ruler of the world nothing will be free. You'll pay for everything you get directly and not be lulled into some false sense of fairy godmotherness by the illusion of free stuff via confiscation by the apparatus. If you are stricken with some loathsome malady and you cannot afford to pay the various technicians required to save your butt, you lose.

It's not free when every one else is footing the bill There's no such thing as free, lunches or otherwise. Moreover there is no 'right' to medical care or anything else that constitutes a mortgage on any part of anyone else's life. This arm of the galaxy will be a far better place when those who believe this nonsense are smothered with pillows or mangled in large machines.

player

Free? Nothing is free including heath care in the northern reaches. You expect your neighbors to pay your doctor bills an then marvel that it's free. You are unhinged. Seek help.

When I resume my rightful position as ruler of the world nothing will be free. You'll pay for everything you get directly and not be lulled into some false sense of fairy godmotherness by the illusion of free stuff via confiscation by the apparatus. If you are stricken with some loathsome malady and you cannot afford to pay the various technicians required to save your butt, you lose.

It's not free when every one else is footing the bill There's no such thing as free, lunches or otherwise. Moreover there is no 'right' to medical care or anything else that constitutes a mortgage on any part of anyone else's life. This arm of the galaxy will be a far better place when those who believe this nonsense are smothered with pillows or mangled in large machines.

It's called community, society.

I would not want people to die because they cannot afford medical treatment.

You stay down there and pay for your health care. Hopefully you don't run into trouble and are denied treatment.

As far as you focusing on the word "free", it is. We pay taxes, but as shown earlier less than you. So from where you are, it is free. Free f'ing health care. For everyone. Young, old, rich, poor. All treated equally. The most modern treatments, free.

andy

That's precisely the attitude that private health companies in America want you to have.... otherwise you might not gladly pay for the overpriced $hit they shovel your way.

A high quality free-at-the-point-of-use healthcare system paid for via a small tax levy is EXACTLY what private insurers DON'T WANT you to have because it would keep them honest and act as a brake on the stupid premiums you are supposed to cough up every month.

Just remember... folks in Canada, Australia and Britain all have the type of "communist" health system you hate.... can you hear any of them screaming for it to be abolished?... *tumbleweed* ......... *silence*........... er, no.

visual800

Well as a Christian I usually shy away anything associated with, like business organizations etc.
I will look but be wary.

Please do check it out. I posted this so others could have an option besides a major carrier and that stupid a$$ Obamacare. As I said do your homework and come to your own conclusion. Good Luck to everyone, just sharing because I know things are hard out there

David Wright

This starts as a useful post about health insurance for members here and as usual degenerates into the pissing contest / political BS I have come to expect.

Yes, I will take a look.

chester215

Just call me Chester.
http://www.canadian-healthcare.org/page8.html
  • 15% on the first $45,282 of taxable income, +
  • 20.5% on the next $45,281 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over $45,282 up to $90,563), +
  • 26% on the next $49,825 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over $90,563 up to $140,388), +
  • 29% on the next $59,612 of taxable income (on the portion of taxable income over $140,388 up to $200,000), +
  • 33% of taxable income over $200,000.

Canadian Health Care: Health Care Funding

Health Care Funding

Health care in Canada is funded at both the provincial and federal levels. The financing of health care is provided via taxation both from personal and corporate income taxes. Additional funds from other financial sources like sales tax and lottery proceeds are also used by some provinces.
Alberta, British Columbia, and Ontario also charge health premiums to supplement health funding, but such premiums are not required for health coverage as per the Canada Health Act.

cajun312

Our local hospital is one of my customers, I asked my contact there a few months ago how obamacare policies are working for them, he said that emergency room visits for non emergency problems have increased because the majority of people with subsidized policies can't pay their deductibles.

I did signage for a wedding reception/banquet hall last month. It is owned by a 40 something year old doctor who just retired. He didn't retire because he is filthy rich, he was losing money in his practice. To comply with all the rules and paperwork needed for the ACA costs a fortune just for the software needed. The only way he could have stayed an active doctor would have been to sell his practice and work directly for the hospital, and he wanted no part of that.
Our new governor decided to do the medicaid expansion. Sounds good in principal, but the only doctors that accept medicaid are the one that work directly for the hospital. Having medical coverage is useless if the doctors can't afford to treat you.

mnapuran

As I'm sure many of you that are on the Blue Cross or other major Provider have yet, more increases with crappy coverage. My BCBS jumped from $430 per month to $535 in Jan 17....I have had enuff.

SO I was introduced to Christian Healthcare Ministries

Christian Healthcare Ministries: Home

I did my homework, check out all reviews, weighed the options and like what I saw. It a little different than your normal healthcare but their method makes a lot of sense. I was accepted and will join their Gold Plan.

Do your own homework and come up with your own conclusion. IF I knew BCBS would eventually lower rates and cover stuff as they once did, I would not bother with going elsewhere. I just dont see that happening.

Just in case some of you are looking for alternative companies or if you are stuck with Obamacare.

I've looked at this and also other Christian options (similar). Pricing is slightly better... but much higher out of pocket, and no annual write-off (which equates to a monthly value to me).

decalman

The better the health insurance you have, the worse your health will be.

Cancel your insurance, and take care of yourself. Don't smoke, drink, exercise, Go vegan. Meat products are the #1 cause of cancer. Cheese, milk aren't fit for human consumption. Raw fruit and vegetables are delicious and very palatable, when properly prepared, while on the other hand.... Coffee and prescription drugs, are a curse.

I read food ingredient labels judiciously,. I look for real food, with little or no crapp.

I am giving the best medical advice ever, so do these things and you may consider firing your physician.
Hospitals would have to close if people cared about their health.