• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help getting started, looking to buy stuff.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
i thank you for the english lesson .. i deserve that .. and fred .. i did not notice he was gone .. maybe deleteing the thread would have helped as well

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: So in order to have prevented you from taking the thread completely off topic into a tirade about your peers and the use of illegals my best course of action would have been to delete the thread. It would appear that what anyone and everyone else does or doesn't do is the reason for your behavior and that you are powerless to control yourself.

ChiknNutz

I don't know what color MORON is, but Sarge sure has shown his true colors on this one...and they sure aren't RED, WHITE & BLUE!

wrapman jamz

What a great post and response! FREEDOM of speech is priceless! Signs101 is the leader in interaction between business professionals, wannabes and the general public.

Are there any other business left in the world that have this much passion? Are we in it for the money or fame...or the thrill of providing someone with a mode of free speech and helping clients businesses succeed?

None the less, I for one, am proud to be associated with this group.

Thanks.

luggnut

sarge seems like a good guy... the things he said here ..i don't think he meant them the way they were taken. he explained "illegal" was slang....also sounds like he was just taking up for the new guy. newbs do get it rough sometimes here.
the anonymous nature of the internet makes people mean sometimes. give him a break

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, I hope this is taken as fuel for this fiery thread… as nature cleans house [forests] with forest fires. When the grounds get too thick with underbrush and things start getting all mucky and run together and nothing has definition….. a forest fire as Mother Nature’s cleaning house will do... will clean house. I agree with a few others…. this has actually been one of the best threads I’ve read in a long time. Many mis-understood ideas and ideals have been redefined for some. Some regulars have honestly seen the mess Fred and Stacy have to deal with on a daily routine. This thread will serve many purposes and as Fred has done in the past… elected to let it stand for all to learn from…… ALL. :thumb:

I’m not making excuses for….. or pointing fingers at sarge, but the sound of his posts were almost of those of a frantic person as if he wasn’t thinking and anger and fear blinded him and I think he typed faster than he could proof-read what he wrote. Typos and misused words were also a big part of his problem. We all go beyond that CERTAIN point from time to time and I think he finally realized it. Let’s all give him some breathing room and let’s just remember to respect your fellow sign person/man/woman professionals.

The part I can’t quite grasp is…. I wasn’t a part in any of this until it was over. :rolleyes:

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
All this from the same guy who says "illegals" follow him to under bid his work. His ignorance amuses me, as do some of the responses. Sarge likes to let the badger out, I have done it meself... it seems like he needs a little extra room to be interpreted and maybe a little extra time before he hits "post quick reply"

I'm not gonna have a bowl of menudo anytime soon with the dude, but I realize he lacks social grace and possibly an enhanced cranium mass... I'm sure someone in the real world will correct him when it's time.

rcboats1

Being from the Pacific North West I can say with out a doubt that if there is a sign project that I need help with or need to sub out I have no problem finding qualified and talented people/shops that are willing and more than able to help. How anyone in this area has a hard time finding assistance is hard to fathom, unless they have alienated everyone.
:help

And as for slang, it must be a Puyallup thing, it's not a Washington thing.

turtletrax88

After following this thread(it was great!), peoples suggestions of how to limit/incorporate new members- It's simple. An IQ test should be sufficient!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
After following this thread(it was great!), peoples suggestions of how to limit/incorporate new members- It's simple. An IQ test should be sufficient!
HA !! Ten posts.... you can be misplaced..... ah replaced. :ROFLMAO:

You're suggestion will eliminate just about everyone except bob from earth. :covereyes:

iSign

You're suggestion will eliminate just about everyone except bob from earth. :covereyes:
Gino... you're assuming the high scores are desired...

nobody likes a smarta$$...
when we can have so much more fun replying to a dumba$$ :omg:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member

Gino... you're assuming the high scores are desired...

nobody likes a smarta$$...
when we can have so much more fun replying to a dumba$$ :omg:

blondie.gif
Sounds like a bad idea. What good is it having a forum if I'm the only one here?

TheSnowman

And Bob from Earth even had one earlier I wasn't too impressed with. However, no other bob is from earth. So he was smart enough to distinguish himself.

jbennett

I just wanted to hear myself talk. I couldn't let such a thread as this get by without adding absolutely nothing to it like some of the others have. I think there is a happy medium to everything. I am a sign professional, but I am not to the extent that many of the people are here. I don't believe in helping anyone that thinks that all you do is push the proverbial print button, but I also don't mind these kinda people getting going. The strong will survive just like in anything. The weak will have just enough rope to hang themselves and will weed themselves out. I honestly think in the end these types have made more people appreciate my sign work after they realize that it actually isnt so easy that a caveman could do it, (oops is that copyrighted, haha).

jbennett

still kicking since 2003

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hey, whombie were as I were a talkin' tuoba the **%$@)(* mnay spleSdid, not the sugarless kind, albeit......... <non-sweetened> Wol & hgiH.... can youbie !! eba be atalkin' tuoba high or low skores instantly on a more reasonable fackdoor indie,,,, . ,. ,.' ,. ,. , notappO-colypseinia which sgnirb no a :ROFLMAO: :Big Laugh
zss wot I meendie innyminey moey ??

:goodpost:

RebeckaR

We could always divide the forum into sections according to IQ.

The 70 - 80 IQ folks
The 81 - 90 folks,
the 91 - 100 folks,
the 101 and up folks, which would naturally be the smallest size group.

You would not be allowed to post in the forums higher than your IQ, but of course, those from a higher level would be allowed to access and post to the lower levels. After all, Fred, Bob and Gino would still need someone to talk to.