• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help getting started, looking to buy stuff.

sarge

the sad part is that fred allowed this guy in and should have banned him when he figured out he wasnt a bona fid sign business .. leaving people like me to believe fred is doing his job by keeping those people out .. hard task .. maybe so .. what about requiring each member to fax in a copy of their ubi number .. and post their business card .. anyone can go stand in from of speedy signs and say they own it .. if your going to go that far then you have some sort of validity ..

Bigdawg

Just Me
Professional may not have been the right word, Cheryl. Can't think of anything to use in it's place though that would be appropriate for an open forum...

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
(COMENTARY MY OPINION)

Fred

first this turned into a political debate and should be shut down even as funny as it has been.

I see it as more a debate on ethics and what Signs 101 is intended to be.

as part of the registration people should have to submit a picture of their store front sign and door, yellow page ad, Have a working SIGN related web site and a EIN number or sales and use number or business lic number. Make it so only legite sign makers can get registered.

I understand your thought here but the implementation would be a nightmare. One day soon perhaps we'll have a thread about who should be allowed to join and who should be rejected. There are lots of perfectly okay members that would have a hard time meeting your standard of proof.

Make a board of directors that if 10 CM or MM deem a person Rude, Stupid or just has bad intentions can vote to have him banned.

Not a bad idea. But are we talking about the OP or Sarge? The OP was removed after about ten posts.

Use your Admin power!!

I am. You just don't see it or you don't agree with my approach.

keep the idiots off here or make this a full pay site and raise the rate will thin the field to people who want to be here and are professionals.

I do keep most of "the idiots" off of here. Occasionally one will slip through as in this case. No real harm done IMHO and the bulk of this thread has been the off topic BS from Sarge and the response to him. Going to full pay would knock us down to only a couple of hundred members with little or no new members followed by a ghost town environment. It's not the answer.

Just My .02 pesos because that is what the american currency will be soon

sarge

professor that is exactly what i said .. in my remark, was that i tried to hire people in this forum .. one of those people were in my area and that person refused the work .. i just could not get anyone to do the job .. so i asked my son if he knew anyone .. and i did not know they were illegals .. in my area we call people who do not speak enlish illegals .. as i said it is just slang

kustomkoncepts

After RE-READING my comentary I understand how hard it is for the admins to keep this site running and keeping out the bad apples.

I for one have been know to throw gas on the fire.

I will try to stop that.

I vow If I come across a stupid post question that they are obviously not here for the right intentions I will try my best to not reply and ignore them.

as we saw here one post question set off a huge chain reaction and I see some of you were up till 3 or 4 am fighting about this??

I will reply When I see you have a SIGN question I can help with or I have a Sign question. Later

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
the sad part is that fred allowed this guy in and should have banned him when he figured out he wasnt a bona fid sign business .. leaving people like me to believe fred is doing his job by keeping those people out .. hard task .. maybe so .. what about requiring each member to fax in a copy of their ubi number .. and post their business card .. anyone can go stand in from of speedy signs and say they own it .. if your going to go that far then you have some sort of validity ..

Uhh gee whiz Sarge ... why didn't I think of that? Did you notice that he never posted after Post #9 of this thread and that his title changed to "Guest". That's because I changed his class of membership to "Unregistered" rather than banning him which is a more effective way to remove him.

Most of this thread was off topic discussion in response to your statements about your disdain for your peers, hiring of illegals, etc. which had no place in this thread. Without your tirade, this thread would have ended before it hit 25 posts. So now you're chiming in with commentary on how I do my job and what policy should be on new registrants.

I think you need to back up and look at what your contribution has been to this thread and the ignorance with which you come across as a poster.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
After RE-READING my comentary I understand how hard it is for the admins to keep this site running and keeping out the bad apples.

I will try to stop that.

I vow If I come across a stupid post question that they are obviously not here for the right intentions I will try my best to not reply and ignore them.

as we saw here one post question set off a huge chain reaction and I see some of you were up till 3 or 4 am fighting about this??

I will reply When I see you have a SIGN question I can help with or I have a Sign question. Later

:goodpost:

high impact

professor that is exactly what i said .. in my remark, was that i tried to hire people in this forum .. one of those people were in my area and that person refused the work .. i just could not get anyone to do the job .. so i asked my son if he knew anyone .. and i did not know they were illegals .. in my area we call people who do not speak enlish illegals .. as i said it is just slang

You drive about as well in reverse gear as forward.

WARNING! This thread will kill brain cells...

Tim Aucoin

I will try to stop that.

Thank you for this post. I am fairly new to this forum and have been watching and reading daily. I am a legitimate business owner up here in Canada and I do have questions, but when I read some of this stuff, I "fear" posting my questions, as I feel they may come across as dumb or stupid and I dread the responses I may get. Your post has given me hope!

I can totally understand Fred's policy. As a business owner, the last thing I would want is a place like this where my customers can come on and attempt to learn how to do what I do for them. Not only will they waste their time, but they will totally lose respect for what I do for them.

Thanks for all of you who make this a friendly place to visit daily. I think this thread has opened up a lot of eyes and hopefully will have everyone thinking before they respond. Thanks from your friendly neighbor up north!:Canada 2:

sarge

i thank you for the english lesson .. i deserve that .. and fred .. i did not notice he was gone .. maybe deleteing the thread would have helped as well

skyhigh

imo it takes less time to figure it out then to find a honest sign maker who will do work in a timely manner ..

.. 2 weeks ago i needed a cedar sign made .. send to 2 different vendors and no responce .. so i hired 2 illegals .. we all made out .. but someone here lost i bet 5k ..

wow sarge...thats too funny. It did peak my curiosity though. Can you tell me just how long it takes to find 2 illegals that can carve a cedar sign? .:ROFLMAO: Do you make this up as you go, or what?

Sorry dude, but your way off base. It seems you want to lump all sign makers into the same pile that you've had the bad luck of finding. Personally, I would have a hard time finding one of which you speak so lowly of. If we're all so bad, then why are you here?

RebeckaR

i thank you for the english lesson .. i deserve that .. and fred .. i did not notice he was gone .. maybe deleteing the thread would have helped as well
I think Fred was right in letting this thread run its course. It's been very educational. Not too flattering for some of you, but look how much better we all know each other now.

QuickSignsSA

How does deleting the thread solve the problem

What about banning the problem, (SARGE)????????

Beautiful Avatar of a you?

HORSES A$$

Last edited: