• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

help, mutoh 1604 cmk banding

Stealth Ryder

Is the Check Nozzle Pattern still at 90%? Looks like a nozzle issue to me. When was the last time you replaced the Maintenance Assy? Without a perfect Nozzle Check it will always appear to be banding... Unless you have changed the alignments, they should be ok... Again, the pic you posted shows me you have alot of missing nozzles... No sense in doing alignments if all the nozzles will not fire... Get the nozzle check correct...

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Run a nozzle check and post it up. I have a few missing nozzles in my black channel but get good solid greens out of my 1304.

wayne k
guam usa

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
K has nothing to do with green but without a Check Nozzle Pattern to examine we are wasting words here...

I agree on the nozzle check but I did just print about 300sqft of bright green
73,10,100,19(CMYK) on banner material......

wayne k
guam usa

Stealth Ryder

The picture he just posted has 0% K in it... It is made up of C & Y... Without the Check Nozzle Pattern to look at, we are done here...

I agree on the nozzle check but I did just print about 300sqft of bright green
73,10,100,19(CMYK) on banner material......

wayne k
guam usa

elitetech

Here is the nozzel test pics, I coudnt get a good yellow pic, but the yellow is almost perfect.

Attachments

• IMAG0372.jpg
    IMAG0372.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 83
  • IMAG0369.jpg
    IMAG0369.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 74
  • IMAG0370.jpg
    IMAG0370.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 70

Stealth Ryder

You showed me the 2 channels of K, way more than 10% of it is missing... If the other colors are as bad, this is your problem......
After looking at the rest of the pics I am sure you have a really bad "Clooged Nozzle" issue... If you have replaced the Maintenance Assy as you have suggested to me then soak the Noozles and Clean... If this issue has not been happening for a long period of time you should be able to recover the nozzles, if not replace the Print Head...

Hint: Cyan is the problem, at least when trying to print a green... The K is horrible as well... How is the Magenta?

Last edited:

Stealth Ryder

the first pic is megenta,

It is very bad as well... If you can't recover ALL nozzles by soaking/cleaning you need to replace the Print Head... Do what you want but I suggest using OEM parts and a factory trained tech, JMHO... I have been called in many times after folks have used inferior parts from eastern countries by techs who have no clue what they are doing only to do exactly what I have described here, the total cost in most all cases, the customer could have almost bought an new machine... The ball is your court now... You have indicated to me that the Maintenance Assy has been replaced, was this done correctly. Is the Head Capping securely? If you answer YES to these 2 questions and you can't recover the nozzles you must replace the Print Head... That's all the advice I have for you at this point... Good Luck...

It most likely will not be working correctly tomorrow by the way unless you have a new Print Head Installed tonight or can get a 100% Check Nozzle Pattern by cleaning... That is just the truth my friend...

Last edited:

elitetech

I didnt know if this was in the boarder line where it can get fixed, but you sound as though this is way crossed the line.
I am in maryland, the few techs I know b.s it alot of times. How do I find a factory licensed tech? Its worth it.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Stealth is right - your nozzle check is not good.
Clean it as best you can with some long soaks, don't think overnight head replacement is going to happen.

What version of flexi are you using? And what material do you need to print on by tomorrow? You need banners done or the vehicle wrap material?
Might be some way to get a little better quality prints out until you can manage to get the head replaced or cleaned up.

wayne k
guam usa

Stealth Ryder

Call Mutoh, 480.968.7772, they can recommend a local tech who can assist. They have a salesman/tech in Boston that I know of and may have someone closer... Listen to what Wayne says, try a uni-directional profile. This may help you get your jobs printed to an acceptable standard but for sure get the machine repaired first chance you get...

Best of Luck!!!

Last edited:

elitetech

I am using flex 8

I am printing on 3m car wrap material.

I tried on uni-directional as well, same no improvement. Actually Bidirectional is better.

thanks for all the replys.

Stealth Ryder

Impossible for uni to be worse, if using A channels try B channels... It will be slow but may get you an acceptable output...
Media has little to no impact at this point as well as RIP...
You have missing nozzles, Clean Print Head, Replace Print Head and/or Maintenance Assy or mask the issue to the best of your ability by changing the print process, IE, uni-directional Print Mode whether it be A or B channels, The Nozzles may so bad that this will not help, That is the best we can do at this point...

I am using flex 8

I am printing on 3m car wrap material.

I tried on uni-directional as well, same no improvement. Actually Bidirectional is better.

thanks for all the replys.

elitetech

just did another on uni- the banding is more visable.

I am not sure on the what channel i am using, i dont see the option for channel

elitetech

Tried the channel didn't do it.
I hope the soaked option overnight will do something.
Thanks for all the feedbacks.

elitetech

I left the head soaked all night and now my nozzels are back to 95%. The suggestions I am getting is to get a head, and I dont think that is the problem, any one solved banding issue like mine. My issue is really on black and cyan, i see white vertical banding. I have been down for a while any suggestions at all please.

the fact that only two of the four colors band makes it difficult to reason a solution.

I did have a semi collision how do i know if the head is alighened?

Attachments

• IMAG0367.jpg
    IMAG0367.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 66