• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

help, mutoh 1604 cmk banding

elitetech

It wouldnt take it, the previos proflie ithat loaded was(sai) format, in production manager, when i go to import the file, it doesnt show up in the folder.
the presets that i have loaded successfuly before had the a circular color spectrum image on the file, the one you sent had a triangular color spectrum image, if that helps.

Last edited:

Graphics2u

As hard as it is to part with the money, those missing nozzles are the problem. Probably 90% of my printing is solid colors like what you're doing there and if I have even few nozzles missing I can see banding, althought not to the point you're seeing it. No way to hide it. The head may not be bad elctricaly but the nozzles are either damaged fro striking the magnetic material or they got clogged from the head strike or bad seal on capping station. You could do some serious cleaning on the head with syringe and cleaning fluid, but if they don't come back it's done.

Stealth Ryder

As hard as it is to part with the money, those missing nozzles are the problem. Probably 90% of my printing is solid colors like what you're doing there and if I have even few nozzles missing I can see banding, althought not to the point you're seeing it. No way to hide it. The head may not be bad elctricaly but the nozzles are either damaged fro striking the magnetic material or they got clogged from the head strike or bad seal on capping station. You could do some serious cleaning on the head with syringe and cleaning fluid, but if they don't come back it's done.

Exactly the truth... Until you address this issue you are just spinning your wheels... To answer your question as to how to resolve these issues you are having you have to look no further than this thread, the answer is here...

Before you even think about Head Alignments or any calibration you must first have all the nozzles firing... It is impossible to Align something that is not present!!!