• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help my daughter win tattoo contest please!

Arlo Kalon 2.0

bob's reply

I PM'd bob and asked him why he refrained from commenting about my daughter's religious inspired tattoo, as I always appreciate his comments about religion though I don't subscribe to very many of them. This was his reply to me I thought I'd share because I found it so hilarious. Hopefully he won't mind!

I have to admit that I'm not a big tattoo fan. I always counsel a bumper sticker instead. Then, when you no longer feel the way you do about whatever caused you get the thing, you can scrape it off your bumper.

I don't believe I've ever met anyone that got a tattoo in their younger days that, later in life, was all that happy they did so .

If I were to make a recommendation for a tattoo I'd have to go with 'Death Before Dishonor' with all manner of martial insignia instead of the wimpy god stuff. After all, how do you know that the fish and the shell and all that isn't going to piss off your gods?

Ken

OK..I didn't read thru all 3 or 4 pages of this.
Young girl/Tattoo should not be found in the same sentence.
Ok..I'm a prude....it just strikes me as being wrong...so I will not vote for the young girl with a tattoo.
I will also not participate in riots on the street...gang bangs..or other mass media incitement. This is kind of a "YUK" topic...I cant believe Arlo is asking this?
Once again..I have to side with bob....
Cheers!
Ken

Arlo Kalon 2.0

OK..I didn't read thru all 3 or 4 pages of this.
Young girl/Tattoo should not be found in the same sentence.
Ok..I'm a prude....it just strikes me as being wrong...so I will not vote for the young girl with a tattoo.
I will also not participate in riots on the street...gang bangs..or other mass media incitement. This is kind of a "YUK" topic...I cant believe Arlo is asking this?
Once again..I have to side with bob....
Cheers!
Ken

First off, I respect your opinion. I felt the same way when my daughter announced her desire to have a tattoo. It was the first incident where I had to relinquish my control in her life as she was 18. I would, however, since you didn't read all of this thread, refer you to a reply I made on page one. It's this:Let me tell ya a little bit about her. She graduated third in her high school class and is currently in honors classes in college. She has never drank, smoked or done drugs. She drives herself to church youth groups every time the door is open. She's the most level headed child I've ever known. If her having a tattoo somehow makes all of this less to you - that's your problem.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

I hear ya there. My daughter turns 18 this Saturday! It's feeling pretty strange.

Believe me, it IS strange when all of a sudden ya have a headstrong former child on your hands telling you how the cow ate the cabbage. I have two sons older than Kait... but the boys were easier to let go of finally. But a man's baby girl, now that's another story. I feel your pain.

ProWraps

im on the naysayer side of this thread. i would never in a million years allow my teenage daughter to get tattooed. let alone would i ever go on a public forum, post a pic of her midsection, then at the request of some adult man, post a full pic.

kind of creeped me out as a hopeful father to be. i understand your dedication to your daughter and i applaud it. but i personally would have in a heartbeat donated money to the cause to keep her pics private and off a public forum.

with that said, i hope she wins. with the public exposure on a forum she sure deserves it.