• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help my daughter win tattoo contest please!

Arlo Kalon 2.0

im on the naysayer side of this thread. i would never in a million years allow my teenage daughter to get tattooed. let alone would i ever go on a public forum, post a pic of her midsection, then at the request of some adult man, post a full pic.

kind of creeped me out as a hopeful father to be. i understand your dedication to your daughter and i applaud it. but i personally would have in a heartbeat donated money to the cause to keep her pics private and off a public forum.

with that said, i hope she wins. with the public exposure on a forum she sure deserves it.

I never in a million years would allow my teenage daughter to get a tattoo either - until it was no longer my decision when she turned 18. We're in full agreement there. You are wrong totally however about me posting a full pic of my daughter at the request of some man. I posted a typical "head and shoulders" pic taken from her public Myspace page. Also, if you followed that part of the thread, you would have seen I've kept my daughter totally anonymous - save for her first name (as does the tattoo website). Only a handfull of people on here know my real name, and none of them are going to publicly identify my daughter. As a "hopeful father to be" as you described yourself, someday you'll understand that no sane father would ever do anything to put his child in danger. Personally, I feel completely at ease with the folks on Sign101... and as such, had no qualms about proposing the topic of this thread. And really, your reply was a tad on the dramatic side - overly dramatic. Chill out, all is well and my daughter will be fine - as will yours when she turns 18 and begins the journey of making her own decisions. As I've already said, this is a super smart girl who has never touched drugs or alcohol. She's more level headed than most people I know who are more than twice her age. That's good enough for me.

ProWraps

no worries. not trying to be dramatic. ive been reading this thread the entire day in hopes that she wins as she could use the money. your story of supporting your kids is commendable and honestly made me very happy and jealous that you get to have the joy of your children and the ability to help them.

i just got a bit freaked out when HOG made his request. i thought it was very tacky and was shocked when you posted up her pic in response. i just hold some things very sacred. i refuse to have my fiance on my facebook or myspace as i know the freaks out there in this world and love her so much i dont want to subject her to that element (NOT that anyone here is that element, but google indexes everything).

like i said, i really hope she wins. i just heard on the news that tuition in state universitys is up like 36% despite the recession and scaling back of classes. rediculous. only in america do we make an education harder to afford while spending billions on wars. but thats a different story.

good luck to her and you in your support of your beautiful children. and i have to say, im not so much of a fan of the tattoo, but the story i did vote 5 for.

Biker Scout

I dunno, Arlo... that Motley Cruë Tat is pretty darn cool. :rock-n-roll:

Wouldn't it be easier if all the people that voted from here, donated $5 via PayPal rather than taking away a prize from someone who clearly has better artwork. Granted the story isn't as inspirational as your daughters... but who ever inked that full back piece has got to be a legend in the tattoo world.

As a father I can appreciate your desire to see your daughter's success and happiness. But as someone who also works in an artistic industry, I have to give credit where credit is due.

(I voted for your daughter's story to be fair)

Arlo Kalon 2.0

no worries. not trying to be dramatic. ive been reading this thread the entire day in hopes that she wins as she could use the money. your story of supporting your kids is commendable and honestly made me very happy and jealous that you get to have the joy of your children and the ability to help them.

i just got a bit freaked out when HOG made his request. i thought it was very tacky and was shocked when you posted up her pic in response. i just hold some things very sacred. i refuse to have my fiance on my facebook or myspace as i know the freaks out there in this world and love her so much i dont want to subject her to that element (NOT that anyone here is that element, but google indexes everything).

like i said, i really hope she wins. i just heard on the news that tuition in state universitys is up like 36% despite the recession and scaling back of classes. rediculous. only in america do we make an education harder to afford while spending billions on wars. but thats a different story.

good luck to her and you in your support of your beautiful children. and i have to say, im not so much of a fan of the tattoo, but the story i did vote 5 for.

Your comments and concerns are duly noted and appreciated. You're gonna be a great father someday.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

I dunno, Arlo... that Motley Cruë Tat is pretty darn cool. :rock-n-roll:

Wouldn't it be easier if all the people that voted from here, donated $5 via PayPal rather than taking away a prize from someone who clearly has better artwork. Granted the story isn't as inspirational as your daughters... but who ever inked that full back piece has got to be a legend in the tattoo world.

As a father I can appreciate your desire to see your daughter's success and happiness. But as someone who also works in an artistic industry, I have to give credit where credit is due.

(I voted for your daughter's story to be fair)

I would never consider donations... what would they be for and to whom would they go? Granted the Motley Crue tat is awesome, but man do I feel sorry for someone indelibly marked with that for life! My daughter and her friend designed her own tat. We appreciate the vote for the story. She has a way with words!

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Well, we have just three more days until this contest ends. Due to the surge previously generated by Signs101, my daughter spent a week in first place to win the $250 she could use for schooling. A couple of the other contestants obviously generated their own surge as my daughter is currently in third place. I really believe one more surge from Signs101 could put this in the bag for my daughter, who is a very deserving girl of the monetary award to continue her education. So, I'm asking that anyone who didn't want to take the time to join the tatto website please reconsider and take the five minutes the entire process takes to complete. I believe we can do it entirely on the strength of this community.

To save anyone reading this for the first time from having to review the entire thread, you go to taleofthetatto.com and register to join. Then simply do a search for "Grandma's Seashells" to get to Kait's tattoo pic. Rate the Art and Story (hopefully with 5's for each one, and that's it. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes!

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Bump for the evening crowd. She's only half a star out of 1st place in one of the categories! Every new vote helps immensely in the final 3 days of the contest. THANKS to all who have voted and will vote!

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Friday bump... 2 days left... c'mon y'all - help a brutha help his baby girl win this contest. We're in a battle with 2 others that just one more surge like we had after I first posted this here will put us over the top. Believe me, if ya could meet Kait in person, you'd vote for her. She grew up in a sign shop, becoming an expert weeder/taper as early as 5th grade. She knew our terminology before hitting high school. She's as much sign people as all of us. Help her win $250 to put towards her education.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Done!

$250 is a book or two. Huge relief to a broke father of three girls myself!

Thanks a bunch! Broke father of two boys & 1 girl here - all three in college being supported by me. $250 isn't much in the face of that, but with books averaging $400 a semester - it sure helps. I long ago forgot what discretionary income spending meant. Again, THANKS!!!