Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey Gino...

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Coloradosigns, Mar 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coloradosigns

Coloradosigns Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    I found your latest creation. I bet it's nice for squirrels

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Nah, I pick the squirrels off with my pellet rifle.

Now I'm starting to have too many raccoons coming around. Those bad boys have got to be at least 35lbs to 40lbs. They're very intelligent, too. I can open a door on the other side of the house to sneak up on them and they're gone long before I get there. They hear the slightest cock of a hammer. They're slow as any dickens, until they smell..... 'Afraid'. Then its 'Vamoose'. I might have to look into a small mortar.

3. Coloradosigns

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    Who drives and who shoots? and seriously 40lb raccoon???

4. d fleming

d fleming Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Middleburg, Florida
    Coons down here can drown dogs.

5. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    I'll try to get a picture. Our cat is 20lbs and these guys look twice as big.

6. SD&F

SD&F Very Active Member

Oct 4, 2009
    I'd like to order atleast one....please

7. Locals Find!

Locals Find! Very Active Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Fort Myers
    Racoons are something I know how to deal with. You set out cage traps with cans of cat food. coons love the stuff. When they go in they get stuck inside because the door slams shut. Then you carefully pick up the cage and drop it inside a trash can full of water. Leave em in their for about 10 mins. Then pull out the cage empty the contents into a trash bag and start again.

Few weeks no more racoons.

That is unless your looking to eat them then you gotta shoot the little buggers with a .22 rifle for a nice clean kill. Still use the cat food as bait and setup a nice little kill zone and wait for them to come prancing into it.

8. Circleville Signs

Circleville Signs Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Circleville, OH
    Hey Gino - did you get my PM?

9. Coloradosigns

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    You are seriously disturbed..

10. AnotherSignManiac

AnotherSignManiac Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Florida
    That is horrible!!!

11. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    Racoon stew is the best with a ice cold beer.

12. Border

Border Very Active Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Minnesota
    agreed. If you're gonna kill 'em, at least do it fast so they don't suffer. Do you get a rush of some sort out of watching them struggle while you drown them?

13. Border

Feb 8, 2007
    Minnesota

Reason # 127 (at least) to dislike you.

14. SD&F

SD&F Very Active Member

Oct 4, 2009
    I have two German Shepherds who constantly are running into the woods to chase down critters. Everything from coyotes to possums to raccoons. That is my solution.
    They actually brought back a deer a couple of summers ago.....not sure how that happened. (I was sad)

15. Locals Find!

Locals Find! Very Active Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Fort Myers
    No, I am not. That is one of the most humane ways of killing them once they are in the cage. You don't wanna try to take a pissed off racoon out of the cage to kill it. First off they carry rabies and will bite and claw at you. The cages for catching racoons the doors fall from the inside so in order to get one out you have to push the door in. Go ahead and push the door in with your hand and watch that pissed off creature take a finger off or worse.

I guess if you really wanted to you could shoot them in the cage but your going to make a mess and have a hard time killing them in one clean shot. My way is fast and clean and one of the most humane ways of killing them.

Edit: BTW my method isn't much different then gino's method of getting rid of chipmunks. You all supported that method. I am at least killing off rabies carrying rodents quickly not just annoying ones by letting them swim till they drown.

16. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    AAHH...nevermind.

17. Border

Feb 8, 2007
    Minnesota
    Addy, I don't even recall Gino's post about chipmunks but please show me where I supported that. After all, you did quote me and say "you all" supported it.

18. Coloradosigns

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.

Are You on crack? What the heck is wrong with you.

19. TyrantDesigner

TyrantDesigner Art! Hot and fresh.

Mar 9, 2011
    Amarillo, TX
    http://thuleracks.molnaroutdoor.com/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=cdggr

pretty much an easy way to do it, chain it to a tree, shoot them when you feel like it.

really it's just a modern way of doing what hunters did back in the day which was to find a log, cut a dug out in it with a bottom that was bigger than the hole (think key hole for hanging stuff) then throw something shiney down in it ... racoon would grab it and try to pull their hand out .. but fist with the item is bigger than the hole ... and they won't let go of the item until it's too late.

Chipmunks are easy to kill, paint bucket filled half way with water and a piece of wood floating in it with some bird seed on it ... they jump in for the seeds and drown themselves ... even if there are other dead chipmunks in it. stupid tree rats.

20. megacab

megacab Member

Sep 12, 2010

Ahh yes. where the red fern grows....:thumb:

21. Coloradosigns

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    lmao...

22. GypsyGraphics

GypsyGraphics Major Contributor

Mar 19, 2009