• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hey Gino...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HulkSmash

I found your latest creation. I bet it's nice for squirrels

attachment.php

Attachments

• white-trash-repairs-there-i-fixed-it-kludge-army-artillery-vehicle.jpg
    white-trash-repairs-there-i-fixed-it-kludge-army-artillery-vehicle.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 140

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Nah, I pick the squirrels off with my pellet rifle.

Now I'm starting to have too many raccoons coming around. Those bad boys have got to be at least 35lbs to 40lbs. They're very intelligent, too. I can open a door on the other side of the house to sneak up on them and they're gone long before I get there. They hear the slightest cock of a hammer. They're slow as any dickens, until they smell..... 'Afraid'. Then its 'Vamoose'. I might have to look into a small mortar.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'll try to get a picture. Our cat is 20lbs and these guys look twice as big.

Locals Find!

Racoons are something I know how to deal with. You set out cage traps with cans of cat food. coons love the stuff. When they go in they get stuck inside because the door slams shut. Then you carefully pick up the cage and drop it inside a trash can full of water. Leave em in their for about 10 mins. Then pull out the cage empty the contents into a trash bag and start again.

Few weeks no more racoons.

That is unless your looking to eat them then you gotta shoot the little buggers with a .22 rifle for a nice clean kill. Still use the cat food as bait and setup a nice little kill zone and wait for them to come prancing into it.

HulkSmash

Racoons are something I know how to deal with. You set out cage traps with cans of cat food. coons love the stuff. When they go in they get stuck inside because the door slams shut. Then you carefully pick up the cage and drop it inside a trash can full of water. Leave em in their for about 10 mins. Then pull out the cage empty the contents into a trash bag and start again.

That is unless your looking to eat them then you gotta shoot the little buggers with a .22 rifle for a nice clean kill. Still use the cat food as bait and setup a nice little kill zone and wait for them to come prancing into it.

You are seriously disturbed..

That is horrible!!!

Border

Reason # 127 (at least) to dislike you.

SD&F

I have two German Shepherds who constantly are running into the woods to chase down critters. Everything from coyotes to possums to raccoons. That is my solution.
They actually brought back a deer a couple of summers ago.....not sure how that happened. (I was sad)

Locals Find!

You are seriously disturbed..

That is horrible!!!

agreed. If you're gonna kill 'em, at least do it fast so they don't suffer. Do you get a rush of some sort out of watching them struggle while you drown them?

Reason # 127 (at least) to dislike you.

No kidding. :noway:

No, I am not. That is one of the most humane ways of killing them once they are in the cage. You don't wanna try to take a pissed off racoon out of the cage to kill it. First off they carry rabies and will bite and claw at you. The cages for catching racoons the doors fall from the inside so in order to get one out you have to push the door in. Go ahead and push the door in with your hand and watch that pissed off creature take a finger off or worse.

I guess if you really wanted to you could shoot them in the cage but your going to make a mess and have a hard time killing them in one clean shot. My way is fast and clean and one of the most humane ways of killing them.

Edit: BTW my method isn't much different then gino's method of getting rid of chipmunks. You all supported that method. I am at least killing off rabies carrying rodents quickly not just annoying ones by letting them swim till they drown.

Border

Addy, I don't even recall Gino's post about chipmunks but please show me where I supported that. After all, you did quote me and say "you all" supported it.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Nah, I pick the squirrels off with my pellet rifle.

Now I'm starting to have too many raccoons coming around. Those bad boys have got to be at least 35lbs to 40lbs. They're very intelligent, too. I can open a door on the other side of the house to sneak up on them and they're gone long before I get there. They hear the slightest cock of a hammer. They're slow as any dickens, until they smell..... 'Afraid'. Then its 'Vamoose'. I might have to look into a small mortar.

http://thuleracks.molnaroutdoor.com/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=cdggr

pretty much an easy way to do it, chain it to a tree, shoot them when you feel like it.

really it's just a modern way of doing what hunters did back in the day which was to find a log, cut a dug out in it with a bottom that was bigger than the hole (think key hole for hanging stuff) then throw something shiney down in it ... racoon would grab it and try to pull their hand out .. but fist with the item is bigger than the hole ... and they won't let go of the item until it's too late.

Chipmunks are easy to kill, paint bucket filled half way with water and a piece of wood floating in it with some bird seed on it ... they jump in for the seeds and drown themselves ... even if there are other dead chipmunks in it. stupid tree rats.

megacab

pretty much an easy way to do it, chain it to a tree, shoot them when you feel like it.

really it's just a modern way of doing what hunters did back in the day which was to find a log, cut a dug out in it with a bottom that was bigger than the hole (think key hole for hanging stuff) then throw something shiney down in it ... racoon would grab it and try to pull their hand out .. but fist with the item is bigger than the hole ... and they won't let go of the item until it's too late.

Chipmunks are easy to kill, paint bucket filled half way with water and a piece of wood floating in it with some bird seed on it ... they jump in for the seeds and drown themselves ... even if there are other dead chipmunks in it. stupid tree rats.

Ahh yes. where the red fern grows....:thumb:

HulkSmash

lmao...

Status
Not open for further replies.