• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hey Gino...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigdawg

Just Me
As much as I hate to say it... drowning coons is one of the accepted methods of disposal from the American Veterinary Assoc. according to the wildlife guys I used to work for. But... while it is not technically illegal, if the Humane Society gets wind of it you WILL be charged with animal cruelty - that's why trappers don't do it. You'll win in the end... but it will cost you lots of money.

But I just have to say that IMHO it is a disgusting way of getting rid of raccoons when it is legal in Florida to relocate the animal. It takes a special (and I don't mean that in a good way) kind of person to hang around for 10 minutes while drowning any animal... then yanking it out and disposing of it, when a .22 to the head is much more humane.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
really it's just a modern way of doing what hunters did back in the day which was to find a log, cut a dug out in it with a bottom that was bigger than the hole (think key hole for hanging stuff) then throw something shiney down in it ... racoon would grab it and try to pull their hand out .. but fist with the item is bigger than the hole ... and they won't let go of the item until it's too late.
Heh,
this is a chapter from here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where_the_Red_Fern_Grows
I love'd this book.

wayne k
guam usa

how to save Adtechia from drowning? Quit standing on his head while you hold him under water...anyone who thinks drowning is painless,i suggest you imagine being under water forces beyond your control will not allow you to surface for air...you hold your breath consciously as long as you can until your automatic bodily functions beyond your control force you to gasp for air & your lungs fill with water, I can assure you the pain is unimaginable not to mention the conscious fear that you are going to die is simpy impossible to truly understand by anyone who has not experienced it.

ProWraps

addie. ill say this, and if i get banned ill take it like a man.

there is one coon i hope gets drowned in this world. and i hope i am there for all 10 minutes of it. that coon is named addie.

you are a disturbed pile of shat. if you were within arms reach of me i would stuff you in that cage, film your 10 minute death on my cell phone and post it on this site.

you sir are a complete and utter waste of human space.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
You've stepped in it now Chris - Jerry will be after you like flies on stinky stuff:

Reporting from Sacramento — The state has new powers to crack down on cyber-bullying, fibbing politicians and felons who work as in-home caregivers under measures signed into law Friday by Gov. Jerry Brown.

Schools will now be allowed to suspend students for bullying classmates on social networking sites, including Facebook. Assemblywoman Nora Campos (D-San Jose) introduced the legislation to update California's anti-bullying laws.

wayne k
guam usa

HulkSmash

addie. Ill say this, and if i get banned ill take it like a man.

There is one coon i hope gets drowned in this world. And i hope i am there for all 10 minutes of it. That coon is named addie.

You are a disturbed pile of shat. If you were within arms reach of me i would stuff you in that cage, film your 10 minute death on my cell phone and post it on this site.

You sir are a complete and utter waste of human space.

...................lol

CES020

All if you saying how disgusting a person Addie is for doing this need to visit the thread previously mentioned about Gino if you are going to be fair. He said he was doing the same thing and there was some heated discussion at the time about it.

If Addie is a disgusting human being for doing this, then you need to be consistent in your criticism......

http://signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81475&highlight=chipmunk

He's not saying anything different than Gino already said.

I'm not suggesting either is a disgusting waste of human flesh. I'll reserve my opinion for private, but some of you are a long long way from being consistent on this matter.

Marlene

Racoons are something I know how to deal with. You set out cage traps with cans of cat food. coons love the stuff. When they go in they get stuck inside because the door slams shut. Then you carefully pick up the cage and drop it inside a trash can full of water. Leave em in their for about 10 mins. Then pull out the cage empty the contents into a trash bag and start again.

I always thought you were a low-life but now I know for sure. you are a scumbag

Locals Find!

I always thought you were a low-life but now I know for sure. you are a scumbag

Marlene that is the method I was taught by the trappers that used to remove the coons from the RV Park I worked at after getting out of the service. The American Veterinarian Society backs up the method and suggests it.

I don't take the killing of any creature lightly. I have tried other methods and believe me this is one of the most humane I have found. Other suggested methods I have seen, heard and tried are to smash them in the head with a club, shoot them, freeze them, or use rat poison. None of these methods is always quick and clean. Especially rat poison that one is just downright cruel as it takes hours to take effect.

Coons are not friendly animals. Once they establish themselves and a food source. They can be down right viscous as I have experienced first hand. When they feel their turfs is threatened they will chase you as a pack trying to claw and bite at you.

Relocating is not always a viable option as to relocate them to unpopulated areas can be expensive when you calculate the distance you may have to travel. I am all for relocation whenever its a viable option.

I also didn't say I was standing around watching the creatures die. The whole reason I suggest 10 mins was so someone would have enough time to walk away and ensure they were 100% dead before returning to clean up. I refuse to kill any creature unless its necessary.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Marlene that is the method I was taught by the trappers that used to remove the coons from the RV Park I worked at after getting out of the service. The American Veterinarian Society backs up the method and suggests it.

I don't take the killing of any creature lightly. I have tried other methods and believe me this is one of the most humane I have found. Other suggested methods I have seen, heard and tried are to smash them in the head with a club, shoot them, freeze them, or use rat poison. None of these methods is always quick and clean. Especially rat poison that one is just downright cruel as it takes hours to take effect.

Coons are not friendly animals. Once they establish themselves and a food source. They can be down right viscous as I have experienced first hand. When they feel their turfs is threatened they will chase you as a pack trying to claw and bite at you.

Relocating is not always a viable option as to relocate them to unpopulated areas can be expensive when you calculate the distance you may have to travel. I am all for relocation whenever its a viable option.

I also didn't say I was standing around watching the creatures die. The whole reason I suggest 10 mins was so someone would have enough time to walk away and ensure they were 100% dead before returning to clean up. I refuse to kill any creature unless its necessary.

Animal control will give you a cage, when you get one you can call them and they will kill the buggers for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.