• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hey Gino...

Status
Not open for further replies.

genericname

I am not sure why addie is getting so much heat over this when Gino AND Tyrant have already suggested the same damn thing for other critters.

Because our "burn the witch!" sensitivity is cranked up by default when Addy comments. We could all stand to take a deep breath here, and back off a bit.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Don't hate me because I'm awesome! :peace!: I also suggested to trap the buggers to a tree and shoot them at your convenience ... I also didn't get into a tizzy for addy or gino saying stuff like this so while I'm a bit of a **** when it comes to design critiques .. I'm cheeky the rest of the time. :thumb: Besides, I don't think I could drown the guys or shoot them when it would mean clean up ... as a tax payer, we pay for animal control for a reason ... let them do the dirty work.

edit: I also apparently suggested something from Where the Red Fern Grows inadvertantly ... great book, forgot I read that as a kid.

HulkSmash

All if you saying how disgusting a person Addie is for doing this need to visit the thread previously mentioned about Gino if you are going to be fair. He said he was doing the same thing and there was some heated discussion at the time about it.

If Addie is a disgusting human being for doing this, then you need to be consistent in your criticism......

http://signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81475&highlight=chipmunk

He's not saying anything different than Gino already said.

I'm not suggesting either is a disgusting waste of human flesh. I'll reserve my opinion for private, but some of you are a long long way from being consistent on this matter.

Gino put food in the water, and let them drown themselves.. they weren't forced in a cage, and then held down. And he said it made him sick to his stomach, but was a necessary evil...and didn't like doing it. Even said it made him upset...

Addy tried to be funny about it and make a joke.. about it... and make it sound awesome... which is why that guy is messed up.

read it all again.

Locals Find!

Gino put food in the water, and let them drown themselves.. they weren't forced in a cage, and then held down. And he said it made him sick to his stomach, but was a necessary evil...and didn't like doing it. Even said it made him upset...

Addy tried to be funny about it and make a joke.. about it... and make it sound awesome... which is why that guy is messed up.

read it all again.

Colorado you need to follow your own advice and re-read my original post I didn't make any joke about it. If your referencing my comment about eating them. Lots of people still do, same as squirrels.

genericname

read it all again.

Ok.

I also didn't say I was standing around watching the creatures die. The whole reason I suggest 10 mins was so someone would have enough time to walk away and ensure they were 100% dead before returning to clean up. I refuse to kill any creature unless its necessary.

Hrmmmmm.

From Addy's history, I can tell dark humour is a way that he copes and tries to lessen a situation. When he says he kills out of necessity, I believe him, for what that's worth.

It's a rock and hard place situation. Raccoons are nasty little bastards. This is an animal that, when introduced to Japan, had Buddhist monks and Shinto priests hire exterminators to clear out of shrines and temples. These are people who believe all life is sacred.

Would that we could all have them prance in some protected raccoon paradise, but that's not the real world. In the real world, poison takes painfully long, shooting isn't always accurate, and can actually be more prolonged than drowning, and just leaving them be isn't an option. Drowning is cruel, yes, and I don't condone it, but as already pointed out, it's the recommended method in some areas. There are a lot of things I don't like that are considered acceptable.

If anyone thinks that's cruel enough to incite violent fantasies against another human though, visit the killing floor of a factory farm.

genericname

NOt here - they refer you to a wildlife trapper you need to pay

Our hands are even more tied here. There's a by-law that states you can't kill any animal within our city limits. Must be some kind of acception for rats and mice I'm sure, but I looked into it, and can't do a thing about the squirrels, even though they're an invasive species.

genericname

Colorado you need to follow your own advice and re-read my original post I didn't make any joke about it. If your referencing my comment about eating them. Lots of people still do, same as squirrels.

I've wondered that about the rabbits here, though I couldn't try if I wanted to. See above post. Would seem like less of a waste, and at least have purpose to a kill.

What about disease though? Have you, or do you know of anyone that's actually cooked and eaten a captured pest?

qmr55

I've wondered that about the rabbits here, though I couldn't try if I wanted to. See above post. Would seem like less of a waste, and at least have purpose to a kill.

What about disease though? Have you, or do you know of anyone that's actually cooked and eaten a captured pest?

I have a friend who eats squirrel. They bbq it and fry it, supposedly very tasty but I don't think I could eat that. As for disease, if the animal has rabies, don't eat it!

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.

I've eaten chipmunk before. Also eaten many a snake, and turtle too. Also eaten many game animals that could be considered a pest in the right context.

I wouldn't eat raccoon though ... that or possum. My grandmother had a german shepard though that would kill both in the night and leave them in the pool.

Locals Find!

Captured in a cage no. However, I do have relatives that have and currently do hunt for them in Tennessee & Kentucky. Squirrels, Rabbits, & coons.

Bigdawg

Just Me
I've eaten and cooked up rabbit, squirrel (need too many of them for a decent meal), snake, and yes - even tried (gag) raccoon. My first husband's family trained and raised coon dogs, but we sold the hides - not ate the meat.

I took out the tags guys...

Circleville Signs

Well, around these parts, we enjoy shooting animals. When we are done, we gut them, skin them, butcher them, and eat them.

It's called the "Food Chain". We're on top.

I don't condone cruelty or torture in any way. No animal should intentionally be made to suffer. But do i get my panties in a bunch over someone killing a coon? No chance man - no chance.

BTW, Coon, Squirrel, Rabbit - all are super tasty. Rabies is easy to spot so dont' eat if it is present. The other thing to look for is if you are hunting animals out of season (on your own property, legally) then make sure you check the liver (for any rodent animal). If it has little white flecks on the surface, don't eat the animal.

genericname

Well, around these parts, we enjoy shooting animals. When we are done, we gut them, skin them, butcher them, and eat them.

It's called the "Food Chain". We're on top.

Rabies is easy to spot so dont' eat if it is present. The other thing to look for is if you are hunting animals out of season (on your own property, legally) then make sure you check the liver (for any rodent animal). If it has little white flecks on the surface, don't eat the animal.

Oh yeah yeah, never meant for my reply to sound like a vegetarian vs. meat eater comment. I'm an omnivore myself, and have no problem eating meat. I just sleep better knowing the chicken I ate didn't have its beak cut off, was force fed remnants of its own species, or was electrocuted.

So the white flecks are signs of rabies infection? Never actually been hunting or trapping, so I have no idea how to identify any warning signs (unless the thing is foaming while alive, of course). Was thinking of getting into hunting lately though. My wife was taught how to make snares when she was younger, and we both grew up surrounded by hunting culture.

Circleville Signs

Nope - white flecks are not a sign of rabies. Foaming at the mouth, swollen eyes, etc. are signs of rabies. The white flecks are a sign of a parasite that is harmful to humans. This parasite is only active during the warmer seasons - which is why the legal hunting seasons for most rodents are after the "first freeze".

CES020

read it all again.

So Gino just helped them commit suicide by tricking them into the water and Addie actually murdered his victim. Oh, I understand now......:doh:

HulkSmash

So Gino just helped them commit suicide by tricking them into the water and Addie actually murdered his victim. Oh, I understand now......:doh:

Exactly, glad we're on the same page. :smile:

don't get me wrong, i wouldn't do either one... last thing i want to do drown something... My inlaws has a 15k acre farm.. and they hire people to come out and hunt the deer, and hogs that destroy their crop.. seems better then sinking them while alive...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:ROFLMAO: Between Addie and CES.... I've got some really good friends.

really don't care what Addie writes as his methods of getting rid of raccoons or anything else.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT] I simply don't think he does this or practices it.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT] He probably read about it on someone else's forum and turned it into his own after researching it.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT] There isn't a word Addie speaks that I consider anywhere near the truth on ANY subject.

I'd sooner think he started this to continue his crusades in hopes someone like CES would bring up my old thread, where I began by stating it was disgusting, sickening and hard to do. In fact, I stated several times throughout the course of that entire thread it was not something I took pleasure in doing. [FONT=&quot] [/FONT] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT] Addie makes it sound like he's an old hat at this kinda coon killing and has recipes for cookin' em up later.

What I did was legal and considered the best way to rid your property of pests.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT] As for the raccoons at my place, we've been scaring them off and it has worked for some time, but lately, this seems to be a new gang and they aren't scaring off too easily.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT] Regardless of how I get rid of MY pests.... don't worry, unless you ask, I probably won't be posting.

Mine was originally meant as a helpful hint and how to. This latest one by Addie seemed to be of a pure disgusting disturbed mentally challenged sick-O getting enjoyment of bringing harm to a lesser animal. He’s completely conscience and aware of his misdoings. He’s not confused or looking for any means to bring an end to a problem…. he just enjoys killing things.

Now that he’s been caught….. he’s in solid Addie mode and back-pedaling once again. Never fails.

Now, if he was really up on this stuff…… most coon hunters will buy live trapped coons from you to train their dogs. That’s a rather well-known fact…. especially down south.

CES.... question for ya.......... why are you running around with your nose up my a$$ ?? Don't you have anything better to do than to try and trap me in something ??

If you have something about me you don't like.... come to me about it. I'm a big boy. I can talk for myself, which I'm sure you're well aware of. If you're too embarassed to ask on the boards.... PM me. I'll be happy to discuss your problems with me..:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.