Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you advertise / promote your business to get more business?

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing, Pricing Etc.' started by No Name, Nov 8, 2019.

1. No Name

No Name Member

Apr 23, 2007
    Tampere, Finland
    Title pretty much says it all.
    What do you do to get more jobs?

Tags:
  2. Sindex Printing

Sindex Printing Member

Nov 17, 2018
    Sparks
    What has worked for me is trying to find how far I can push the capabilities of items I can produce and show them off as samples to all the customers and people I know. I have a couple customers that business networking groups have done great for them.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    I see you're here for 12 years, so how about you telling us what you've done so far that hasn't worked, so we don't give you bad information ??

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. FireSprint

FireSprint Merchant Member

Specialize in an industry or two. Really focus on block layers, bakeries, car dealerships, commercial real estate agents, schools, etc. A focus on an industry can help you become the go-to or expert in your field. Become the bridge between an industry and the sign, printing and promo trades.

Or specialize in a specific product, get really really good at interior office rebrands, or vehicle wraps, or even yard signs. Just do it very very well.

Another way to say this is that if you're a jack of all trades, you're a master of none. Extreme focus pays off in today's economy. There are million $ companies all over that have no more than 10,000 possible customers in the US, but they are well known for what they do within that industry.

• Like Like x 1
  5. The Yanki & The Brit

The Yanki & The Brit The Yanki & The Brit Signs and Radio Show

Sep 3, 2014
    Texas
    I suppose, if you want to be a necktie wearing big wig someday, who knows everything, and his employees know nothing, then think big, and follow the advice of what the other folks say, focus on one or two basic things that might support each other, and specialize in it.
    I, personally don't advertise at all.
    Word of mouth.
    Plenty of work to keep me and the wife busy, with out all the rhetoric of running a big shop!
    We are not looking to get rich, just pay the bills and live comfortably.
    I have been in the trade since the early 70's, and word of mouth is all I ever needed.
    We basically stick to Realty Signs and T-Shirts.
    Just look down the road your on, and and decide which fork you will take, and run with it.
    Good luck.
    Oh, and don't get eaten alive!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Andy D

Andy D Very Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Hattiesburg, MS
    I couldn't agree more, many small shops expand into so many areas & never look at what makes them money, soon the business is so convoluted that
    all it takes is for a key employee to quit and it all falls apart. Specialize as much as you can, become the best in your area for a couple of services and
    don't try and be all things to all people.

• Like Like x 1