• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do you manage an employee who knows more than you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Wow.. My goodness. Now there is fairy tales & unicorns spun out from your mouth, gino guy. Whats next ? Mickey mouse & the flying fox from the planet Pandora ?...

Perhaps on the next nice day you should consider visiting the Greater Bangkok Home for the Mentally Indisposed and introduce yourself to the staff.

You are seriously unhinged, seek help before your do grievous harm to yourself and others.

Scott Reynolds

What the hell is wrong with you...?
a million bucks dropped from the sky?
READ CAREFULLY you sarcastic troublemaker berating einstein..
You are a true noob indeed.
Jesus christ....what is wrong with this country ?
I can only pity his parents & wife for having such an a**h**e like him in their lifes..
Its makes you feel part of a MR Gino gang is'it ?
I hope you guys will change your attitude on this.
getting your piece of small pathetic business share
f off from my thread please..
i dun give a flying f*** to your opinion..
If you gino lovers think i am in the wrong..so be it..
Mickey mouse & the flying fox from the planet Pandora ?

Im out of here.. Sick of this..

Crap! This thread was funny.

Hey steel dude, make the guy work but dont let him help run the business.

Jane

Holysteel, I thought your first question would be finished with so many suggestions here. About the second question, I will say you just sign an employee agreement with him, and if there is some violation, you will give him some punishment or fire him somewhat. And you can keep him busy, so he will have no time to do a side job.

Flame

How he is not banned yet is beyond me. Impressive.

Holy-whatever, you must not get out much there in Thailand, cuz speaking in your tone in a public setting (heaven forbid a bar...), would end up with you needing dental insurance.

So the only other explanation is you're trolling. Either way.......lol

Fatboy

I have been thinking about Holy Crap's first post.The question about employing people better than yourself at a specific job.

For me the answer is in the fact that I am foremost a business man. I have decided that I want to make my living(business) in the printing industry. I knew very little about printers so I had to do lots of research. Fortunately it is no rocket science so I caught on relatively fast.

My first challenge came when more and more of my clients needed their artwork done. I had to get someone to do it. That someone had to be better at it than me.(cause I suck at it). So I started to outsource. From day one my designer knew I know nothing about design.(Except that I have an eye for it)
We never had an issue.I don't try to be all big deal with him and he knows that he has got a job because of my business skills and not my artistic side.

Works like a charm. At the end it all boils down to respect and maturity.

Edwin Mukiria

This thread, more than any other, has made me wish for like and dislike buttons (maybe thumbs up and down). Some responses here were really good, Fatboy, Haakon and especially Sardocs!

mark galoob

Really. You are seriously telling me how to spell in English the spoken word of Thai. I just dun think I could bear it. But I will def be your huckleberry disrespectful moron

Mark galoob

SignProPlus-Chip

I'm ignoring the drama in this thread and just answering the original question.

If you have an employee that knows more than you....LEARN FROM THEM. They are an asset.

People that know what they are doing are valuable to you as a business owner. They can be trusted to get the job done, and done right. As well they could potentially help you grow your business.

My old boss didn't know very much about the sign industry. His motto was that he didn't need to know because he expected the people he hired to know. Now, I actually half disagree with this viewpoint, because it leaves the owner very uneducated about his own business. Not a good position to be in.

I worked there because they knew of my background and asked me for a resume, I already had years of experience, but then I was never tapped for that experience. There grew less and less of a purpose for me to be there...IMO the business was stagnant. Don't get me wrong, they do tons of business, but they don't seem to push to do anything new or creative, something I could have very well helped with.

So I left the company with my now business partner who was also tired of both common sense and innovation falling on deaf ears.

To prove to ourselves that our ideas had merit. We started from just about nothing, except our own personal tools. After only 4 months we have several large regular clients and just signed a lease on our new 2600 square foot facility with more work coming in every week.

So yeah, learn from those that know more than you;)

Holysteel

thought you were leaving

Since when i said i was leaving for good?

Irony u guys kept coming back for more. Didt i told u guys to scr-w off from my thread, if u disliked it soo much ?

Why kept coming back ? U guys got nothing better to do ? Or do you guys enjoy flaming ?

Lol.. u guys can flame me all day mates. I wont even break out a sweat.

Holysteel

Really. You are seriously telling me how to spell in English the spoken word of Thai. I just dun think I could bear it. But I will def be your huckleberry disrespectful moron

Mark galoob

Mark. Im not disrespecting you.. It really the way it spelled. Dun take it the wrong way mate.

- Peace -

Status
Not open for further replies.