• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How do you manage an employee who knows more than you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holysteel

So back to the previous post. Anyone has any tips on handling the mentioned 'graphic designer' scenario ?

The designer who take in outside jobs behind the boss's back. Doing both freelance jobs & taking the company salary. Any suggestions ?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
In your opening post, I'm sure if you were trying to be clever or hide something, but what you first talked about has nothing to do with this more recent episode with this designer.

Please....... come clean and stop trying to disguise what you really want to know. You're not quite up with the jargon of the trade and then having a somewhat handicap of the language barrier, you're starting to look like you're involved with this much more than you say.

You were first talking about smarts vs. ownership and respect. Now, you're talking about someone stealing. Two totally different storylines.

Techman

A foot ball coach cannot throw a touch down pass. But he can direct how the game is played, And he will grow and nurture his players
Let him grow and prosper and you will to. I had a boss once who caused more people to leave over his lack of leadership. This old boss failed to grow and nurture his staff. To this day he is disrespected as the loser he was. They fired him soon enough.

g&eprinting

I think Bob was onto something there.

Be honest and put him to the test. Sit back and watch.

And thank God you don't have to train him.

CES020

So back to the previous post. Anyone has any tips on handling the mentioned 'graphic designer' scenario ?

The designer who take in outside jobs behind the boss's back. Doing both freelance jobs & taking the company salary. Any suggestions ?

It's part of your employee agreement when they come to work there, that they sign. Confidentiality, Non-Compete, things like that. If you did your end right up front, this isn't going to be an issue because they know from day 1 that they can't compete with you or they get terminated.

I'm guessing you didn't have them sign anything when they were hired? If you didn't, it's time to sit them down and explain the situation and tell them it's your policy, have them sign the forms now and move on.

I think what you're really asking is "if I didn't do my job, can I hold them responsible for doing something I didn't tell them they couldn't do". The answer to that is no, you can't.

Holysteel

In your opening post, I'm sure if you were trying to be clever or hide something, but what you first talked about has nothing to do with this more recent episode with this designer.

Please....... come clean and stop trying to disguise what you really want to know. You're not quite up with the jargon of the trade and then having a somewhat handicap of the language barrier, you're starting to look like you're involved with this much more than you say.

You were first talking about smarts vs. ownership and respect. Now, you're talking about someone stealing. Two totally different storylines.

What the hell is wrong with you...? Your looking to find fault with every post i made? Me disguising something & hiding something ? What do i have to gain from this? a million bucks dropped from the sky?

On issue of this designer thing. READ CAREFULLY you sarcastic troublemaker berating einstein.. Someone posted to treat the employee good & pay them great. So i shared one of my stories about this designer. AGAIN READ b4 you open your foul berating mouth to accuse me of something. One thing leads to another and it got side tracked.

I dun even know why i bother to type this out to explain to someone like you. If you dun like my posting or thread. And it pissed you to the core. LEAVE. You are not welcome.

If you see my threads in the future. Do me a favour, take a hike & dun read it.

Thanks

Msrae

Rae
Noobs? For someone who posted here asking question like = do you laminate your banners & what kind of canvas to get. You are a true noob indeed.

You are getting awfully defensive. Relax, take a chill pill. I never said I wasn't a noob, and I also never took off lambasting one of the OG's on the board that has given a lot of good advice and helped a lot of people. Watch who you fly off the handle at, because you may need some help someday.

I ask questions, because I am new, and learning. Plain as that.

You have to admit, the post Gino is referring to completely switched directions from your original post. Those are two completely different questions. Oh, and learn how to use the word don't. It's not dun.

Holysteel

Even if it does change direction. He is entitled to abuse me, calling me names ? Like he has done before? Just because a topic got side tracked ? I only have been registered, and there is this Mr Know-all Gino Guy attacking me for the slightest typo..

Jesus christ....what is wrong with this country ?

Bly

What the hell is wrong with you...? Your looking to find fault with every post i made? Me disguising something & hiding something ? What do i have to gain from this? a million bucks dropped from the sky?

On issue of this designer thing. READ CAREFULLY you sarcastic troublemaker berating einstein.. Someone posted to treat the employee good & pay them great. So i shared one of my stories about this designer. AGAIN READ b4 you open your foul berating mouth to accuse me of something. One thing leads to another and it got side tracked.

I dun even know why i bother to type this out to explain to someone like you. If you dun like my posting or thread. And it pissed you to the core. LEAVE. You are not welcome.

If you see my threads in the future. Do me a favour, take a hike & dun read it.

Thanks

Haha.

Didn't you know? Gino is the door *****.. or thinks he is.

Locals Find!

Even if it does change direction. He is entitled to abuse me, calling me names ? Like he has done before? Just because a topic got side tracked ? I only have been registered, and there is this Mr Know-all Gino Guy attacking me for the slightest typo..

Jesus christ....what is wrong with this country ?

LOL! Get used to it, Gino can't help himself I know personally how frustrating the man can be.

ยินดีที่ได้รู้จัก

Holysteel

Haha.

Didn't you know? Gino is the door *****.. or thinks he is.

What i know is that i would like to meet this ***** one fine day face to face if there is a chance, & ask what his f problem is..

Dam...if this guy can p*** me off in this virtual forum world.. I cant imagine what kind of person this guy is, in actual real life..

I can only pity his parents & wife for having such an a**h**e like him in their lifes.. If he has one. that is.

Msrae

Rae
oh and by the way, I was referring to you being new on here, not new to the sign biz. Hang out a while and you learn not to worry about Gino. He is harsh, take it or leave it.

Last edited:

Holysteel

oh and by the way, I was referring to you being new on here, not new to the sign biz. Hang out a while and you learn not to take worry about Gino. He is harsh, take it or leave it.

Nah..U do not mean by that msrae. Dun even try. You calling me a noob all right. and u feel good at doing it too. Its makes you feel part of a MR Gino gang is'it ? Feel free to go ahead and do it again..as u please

On that gino guy, im the one who should said take it or leave it. Not you. Or that gino guy.

If everyone is a print & sign success genius here, then there will be no signs101 forum to start or to exchange ideas.

I hope you guys will change your attitude on this. And perhaps even better help out & assist people who are totally a newbie to this industry..Use you knowledge to make a better world for people who are interested in this.. Not to mock at them or put them down..

We are all one big family in a way...to put it simply, we are in this s*** together, whether u like it or not

Smacka

Sorry if this a repeat of anyones post but when things start turning ugly I just tune it out and go back to the original post and read it again. I would ask this question... Who was it that said you had to be the smartest person in the building? If you hire an employee that is more knowledgeable than yourself, would you feel MORE or LESS confident in the level of service and quality of the products you can NOW provide to your customers? Relish the fact that you were able to hire such a person (or that he was willing to come to work for you) and consider it a blessing.

Now with that being said, the fact that this question even needed to be asked is of bigger concern. Not trying to be mean about this at all. Just trying to find out if it is an issue with his abilities or your intimidation OF those abilities. The simple fact is that you are the boss and he is the employee. Don't make an issue out of this............. unless of course he is a smart*ss and wants everyone to know he is smarter. But that's another issue all together.

Hope you sort it out.:smile:

Locals Find!

Thanks adtechia, nice to meet you too

Visiting the floating market in Thailand is on my bucket list, I worked in a Thair Restaurant waiting tables in High school sneaking sing tao beer and plum wine. Never quite got it out of my blood, and my younger brother spent a lot of time in Phuket when he was in the Navy still Jealous he got their before me.

Flame

Nah..U do not mean by that msrae. Dun even try. You calling me a noob all right. and u feel good at doing it too. Its makes you feel part of a MR Gino gang is'it ? Feel free to go ahead and do it again..as u please

On that gino guy, im the one who should said take it or leave it. Not you. Or that gino guy.

If everyone is a print & sign success genius here, then there will be no signs101 forum to start or to exchange ideas.

I hope you guys will change your attitude on this. And perhaps even better help out & assist people who are totally a newbie to this industry..Use you knowledge to make a better world for people who are interested in this.. Not to mock at them or put them down..

We are all one big family in a way...to put it simply, we are in this s*** together, whether u like it or not

Actually we are all competitors. I don't HAVE to do **** for competitors, only the ones I like :)

And Gino may have been harsh on you, but you just went like 5 steps further. Online pissing match...see how far that goes. lol.:bushmill:

Status
Not open for further replies.