• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how is business so far this year

petepaz

we are busy as hell
working saturdays again
the truck lettering and signs are still slow little slow there is some activity brewing
but silk screening, digital printing and label making are booming

Techman

cut vinyl is dead and in the grave.
Printing is ok.
Accurate and effective marketing advice is good.

Craig Sjoquist

makes more money scraping metals... prices that sign shops are charging are so little now

if customer does not like my price, even when trying fit budget, I walk away .. go scraping metals ..been doing this more and more ... but every tool and equipment is paid for just a cheap china cutter & software here and alot of hand craftsman skill for advertising

So I could careless as long as I eat today

Tim Aucoin

Color digital is extremely busy.
Offset is slow (& dying a slow death!)
Wide format is ballooning!! :Big Laugh

I'm toying with selling my offset equipment and bringing in more sign equipment... just haven't decided what!

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
Actually quite busy. Work force has shrunk from 4 full time and a part time to 3 full time. That is most of it.

Still very surprised as construction is dead, dead, dead.

Grateful for the slice of pie we have.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Grateful for everything that comes through the door.... and any other way it comes in. 'Knock on Wood' !!

We are extremely busy and having an extra weekend in the middle of the week due to the snow has gotten us behind schedule big time. Our printers are running close to 10 to 14 hours a day for the last month and a half.

Doyle

Sllllllooooowwwwww...... been using this time to redesign my website and work on some new marketing materials. I will be hitting the marketing hard at the beginning of March. I want to make this a record year, or at least make one hell of an effort to make it that way..

TheSnowman

Slow, but steady. Been advertising my video production business more and more since I truly enjoy that work, and that's been picking up.

Jillbeans

I just re-opened on Monday.
I had to turn down work for three weeks while I recovered from my hysterectomy.
Saw that my one client for the past 12 years has a banner up that I did not make, but they called the day before I went to the hospital.
Got two nice juicy jobs yesterday and three smaller jobs Tuesday.
I was glad for the blizzard because it sort of helped to keep folks away while I'm healing.
Love....Jill

kstompaint

Slower than I'd like but there seems to be a lot on the horizon. I think it's going to be a pretty productive spring.

ChiknNutz

Pretty dead, that's why we are shutting down! Not sure why that's the case here, when it's clearly not the case elsewhere :-(

grafixemporium

I'm with you Chris... I need help! Better yet, another printer! I was up all night (again) last night getting prints ready. No complaints here though, I can sleep when I retire :)

I am grateful for every job that comes through the door. As crazy as things seem sometimes, this is truly a dream come true.

Mikeifg

Cant keep up. Installing faster than I can print.

Oh wait a minute...I'm in indiana Not Southern California where the business must be at. Midwest the heart of america is Sloooooooooow. Been using everything in stock to get by. Which is ok. I have alot of vinyl that's off the wall colors. So in a nut shell trimming the fat here and going lean and mean from now on. Still slow though.

Turtle

Slammed.

We were quiet in late November through December. That all changed once the 1st of the year rolled around. The marketing budgets for the bigger companies opened up and boom. Now through April we are flat out.

imagep

In Jan office was booming, screen printing was DEAD, cut vinyl was dead, wide format digital was busy, and a fair month for advertising specialties. Overall, a very solid month due to some big offset orders. Gross sales about 30% above what we projected (we do sales projections for a year in advance).

So far in Feb, screen printing is still dead, offset is very slow, cut vinyl is dead, ad specialties is dead, doing ok with wide format digital. I think we are going to miss our sales projection for Feb by 20%.

So overall, we may possibly be up 3-4% for the year in gross sales with no price increases in the last year.

Big House Signs

January and 1st week of Feb...booming..these snow storms killed us. Got in 3 days this week..no employees showed which was fine, no prob with working...worked my ass off to get it all done...but the horizon is looking empty.