• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Announce R Series Flatbed Latex printer

Quark

Merchant Member
We are placing our order monday... pricing is perfect for what it offers.
^^^^^^^^^^

you really rock!

I wonder what the price point will be.

We almost bought a used Agfa but the sales rep won’t let it go over 3 month of warranty and a full set of inks...

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Sorry I just got back in from the show. Here are some answers you guys are looking for.

#1. Its NOT UV, its true Latex.
#2. The heads are user replaceable.
#3. Latex cures with heat, in this unit the ink cures at much lower temps.
#4. The FB550 and 750 are STAYING, those are entry level UV/TRUE UV. The new R series is a big step up in speeds, IQ and performance. Its a whole different class of machine.

The machine is fricken insane and it will make a big impact in the market. Don't expect to much inside info as we have all had to sign NDA's and no one wants to get into trouble. From someone who has seen a lot of equipment and a lot of hype, this is for real.

They also launched their new line of cutters (Summa's) but the benefit is you get the Flexi Rip for free with these units.

Quark

Merchant Member
Sorry I just got back in from the show. Here are some answers you guys are looking for.

#4. The FB550 and 750 are STAYING, those are entry level UV/TRUE UV. The new R series is a big step up in speeds, IQ and performance. Its a whole different class of machine.

The machine is fricken insane and it will make a big impact in the market. Don't expect to much inside info as we have all had to sign NDA's and no one wants to get into trouble. From someone who has seen a lot of equipment and a lot of hype, this is for real.

They also launched their new line of cutters (Summa's) but the benefit is you get the Flexi Rip for free with these units.

What is IQ

MHester

I too was at the ISA show, was nice to meet you guys (digging the new woodgrain vinyl btw). I'm in the market for a 4X8 flatbed printer and a cutter. Maybe I need to hold out for HP to roll out theirs. If y'all are overwhelmed by it, I'll heed your advice. I've had a HP310latex for 2 years now, pretty happy with the ease of use and low maintenance, I would certainly hold out for a latex flatbed if it's worthy. Anyone hear rumors of a price point for this? I can only assume a range of 75-100K for a 4X8....

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I too was at the ISA show, was nice to meet you guys (digging the new woodgrain vinyl btw). I'm in the market for a 4X8 flatbed printer and a cutter. Maybe I need to hold out for HP to roll out theirs. If y'all are overwhelmed by it, I'll heed your advice. I've had a HP310latex for 2 years now, pretty happy with the ease of use and low maintenance, I would certainly hold out for a latex flatbed if it's worthy. Anyone hear rumors of a price point for this? I can only assume a range of 75-100K for a 4X8....

Me personally would hold off and I would rock this bad boy! Thanks for coming by also, it was great meeting you guys!

flyplainsdrifta

gahhh. i can't wait till may to see the speed specs. thats my deciding factor right there. i want latex IQ at high speed so badly. from the booth this weekend everything looks so promising!!!

benjakes

250K with tables. 5 minutes between rigid substrate changes to change oven temps. No styrene? 6 pass 14 boards an hour?
They are keeping 550 and 750 in line because many can’t afford this printer.

nate

I wonder if they will be updating the FB 750???
To what? Those FB machines are pretty much the same Colorspans that HP purchased, minus the videonet, and some with some updates. That technology is really old. Chances of massively different machines is nil.

OzarkDigital

You guys are wrong on pricing. Wrong. :):eek::D I have a price proposal from HP sitting in front of me. We're all still under NDA until May 15th. Keep your knickers dry till you hear all the details released publicly at FESPA on May 15th.

nate

You guys are wrong on pricing. Wrong. :):eek::D I have a price proposal from HP sitting in front of me. We're all still under NDA until May 15th. Keep your knickers dry till you hear all the details released publicly at FESPA on May 15th.

As far as I can tell anyone who asked got ball park pricing and the assurance that their preferred reseller has the pricing available now. It doesn't hurt to ask your reseller.