• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Announce R Series Flatbed Latex printer

clarizeyale

wooop my boss just had a rep over and we talked about the R series.

They're coming out with one that's smaller (similar in size as the FB550) with a more appealing price range.

He gave us samples of substrate and static cling with white ink and I'm so impressed!
We also got a sample printed on wrap material (tho i'm not sure there's any white on it)
I scratched the hell out of them and no ink comes off at all (though you can kind of see my scratch marks in different angles in the light). Both static cling and wrap are completely flexible but I guess the real test would be to of course, wrap and install.

The quality between the outdoor print and indoor on ultra board are almost soooo similar I barely see any difference (this helps us for our type of work)

The no banding looks really great too!

The speed is also a plus factor for us as we do tradeshows with what feels like a bajillion boards T_T

I also asked about the white ink in storage and I'm so happy about this! We don't print everyday so with our fb550, I feel like the white ink just goes to waste (it's also a waste of time and ink to switch back to LC and LM....) He said we can store the white for up to 2ish weeks.

Potentially going to accompany my boss to see this in action in a few weeks so will definitely come up with some questions and samples to print to see how they do lol

I'm more interested in the clear prints capability.. like printing color on both sides with white ink sandwiched in between. he explained its going to be a software update (phew) .. the 550 can only do white/color or color/white and if you want another layer, you gotta some how reposition it spot on to print the 3rd layer... what a headache. the R seems like it'll make this process way easier.

Last edited:

KevSign

HP R2000 is great printer, we saw sample and order at ISA 2018 but after we learn more about machine printing process. I think it not ready yet for production, because we own HP Latex 3200, HP Latex 1500, HP Latex 570 these machines great quality. No one realize when you cancel or head-strike it will take time for machine ready to print again, then it not different with Latex R.

We also have OCE Arizona 660XT 8'x10' and just sold the HP FB700 + OCE 350GT for the R2000 but we cancel for EFI Vutek GS3250 LX Pro Ultra drop, we will waiting HP R2000 2nd generation. The Agfa Jeti Mira LED 8'x10' is great printer too will replace our OCE 660XT.