• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP Announce R Series Flatbed Latex printer

ProtectedBy3

So, for someone who is entering the sign market, it is more advantageous to wait on this new latex machine than to "settle" for a UV flatbed like the EFI H1625?

Christian @ 2CT Media

So, for someone who is entering the sign market, it is more advantageous to wait on this new latex machine than to "settle" for a UV flatbed like the EFI H1625?
If this was out last September, we would have spent this price vs the cheaper fb750 without question due to quality and benefits. If you are just now entering the sign industry this is a big spend for a first printer

jasonx

Looks like its based on the 1500 chassis. So would assume similar speeds. Guessing print mode is dependant on the substrate. Guessing all the print modes will be the same speeds.

Hopefully, the change over between to roll to roll and flatbed isn't as slow as the change over between using the current ink collector and not using it.

Guess this sits in the mid-range of the HP flatbed portfolio, a gap they've always had between FB750 and FB11000.

We'll have to wait till Fespa to find out.

bigben

I pulled out this printer off my wish list at first. But after the comment here, I'll stop my purchase progress to know more about it.

flyplainsdrifta

from what I've heard its built around the same chassis as the 1xxx series, or the 3xxx. not positive.

edit:sorry derby mustve posted same time

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I was always under the impression that heat was the enemy with flatbeds especially with pvc, styrene and coro. I'll be interested to see how they deal with curing the latex inks without warping the hell out of the substrates.

No not true flatbeds. Vacuum table holds the material down.

jasonx

You can see from the videos that the substrate is printed on and then goes under the curing unit. So there won't be any heat during printing maybe just IR lamps like the 3x000 series. The heat will come after the printing. Abit like a pizza oven from the videos I saw.

dypinc

You can see from the videos that the substrate is printed on and then goes under the curing unit. So there won't be any heat during printing maybe just IR lamps like the 3x000 series. The heat will come after the printing. Abit like a pizza oven from the videos I saw.

Link to videos please.