• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I need major help!!!!!!!

Moon604

The "G" was just what I wanted to spend on getting started. Never said thats all I had. Now that I have started buying stuff looks like Im going to spend more than that.

Moon604

Just the new frame with seat and body kit cost $ 2800. Animal motor is $ 1500. Bully clutch is about $ 400. Mychron tach is like $ 350. (Dont forget the $ 120 for getting the body kit lettered). Thats $ 5170 and you havent bought any tires yet. We run Firestone tires most of the time and they are $ 60 a piece. Buy some wheels at $ 50 a pop and your ready to go.

TheSnowman

Also, does anyone know if Fellers Wrap Training is any good now that Sergio is gone? We're thinking about attending the August deal.
Yea, they canned that even before Sergio had officially left. That's been gone for months and months and months.

Still blown away by your 20K a month by the way. Seems the rest of us are doing something way wrong to not get those kinds of numbers.

Pat Whatley

Kraig, is $1000 a day that hard to believe?

Edited to add....Okay, I just re-read the post. Averaging $20,000 a month in sales for an 18 month old shop working off a pool table in the den is a little hard to believe. Damn, if a noobie is making that kind of jack just imagine what Doug is pulling in!

andy

Andy, I think your comment is unnecessary and insulting. If my grammar and punctuation bothers you so much DO NO REED my posts. It does not seem to bother anyone else on the form, so who are you to lecture me! You are suggesting I am a wannabe sign maker, in-fact I am not, I have said I'm here because I am interested to learn and that's it my man! We have friends in the sign industry who started five years ago from home and now they have a very successful business in my home town so where are all these dogfights you speak off? :ROFLMAO:

Your signature clearly states "Bournemouth UK". This creates the impression that you are from England and people will assume that you are English.

It transpires that you are actually Finnish so the fact that you are pi$$ poor at writing and understanding English is no longer a reflection on my countrymen- feel free to sell as many "comedy signs" with "free" spelling mistakes as you like.:ROFLMAO:

I'm English and very proud of it. If you claim to be from England and then proceed to post with the spelling skills of a seriously challenged dyslexic it is an embarrassment to the language and the country. I'll jump on any English person who makes us look like simpletons to an international audience and I make no apologies for it.

Bournemouth is a market of around 500,000 souls. There are what I would call the "big" 5 sign companies who get the premium money making work and somewhere near 40 smaller shops who are left to fight over the scraps- your friends fall into the latter category.

Bournemouth has more sign shops than it needs- it has done since the late 1980's. Being an expert on the local market you'll already know that one big American franchise has tried and failed to establish a Bournemouth branch- not once but twice over.

Ask your chums who opened and shut franchises in Pokesdown and Wallisdown- they are experts with their fingers on the pulse so it should be easy peasy.:brittain:

bella

Your signature clearly states "Bournemouth UK". This creates the impression that you are from England and people will assume that you are English.

It transpires that you are actually Finnish so the fact that you are pi$$ poor at writing and understanding English is no longer a reflection on my countrymen- feel free to sell as many "comedy signs" with "free" spelling mistakes as you like.:ROFLMAO:

I'm English and very proud of it. If you claim to be from England and then proceed to post with the spelling skills of a seriously challenged dyslexic it is an embarrassment to the language and the country. I'll jump on any English person who makes us look like simpletons to an international audience and I make no apologies for it.

Bournemouth is a market of around 500,000 souls. There are what I would call the "big" 5 sign companies who get the premium money making work and somewhere near 40 smaller shops who are left to fight over the scraps- your friends fall into the latter category.

Bournemouth has more sign shops than it needs- it has done since the late 1980's. Being an expert on the local market you'll already know that one big American franchise has tried and failed to establish a Bournemouth branch- not once but twice over.

Ask your chums who opened and shut franchises in Pokesdown and Wallisdown- they are experts with their fingers on the pulse so it should be easy peasy.:brittain:

Are you so naive and narrow minded to think that if a person lives in the UK he/she is English, are you that stupid. OK let's look at your England. You have living in your country at present and according to national figures some 15000 million Asians, 3 million Polish, 4 million Irish, 1 million Greek, 1 million Italians, 1 million Japanese/Chinese, I can continue.... all these foreign people living in your beloved England and just think the population of England is only 67 million so what are you proud of?
By the way is there no dyslexic people in the UK, USA etc...????
As regards to an American Company coming to Bournemouth just carry on reading your superman comics I think is best.
There seems to be a lot of activity in the street at the moment I'll just have a quick look........................well it appears that all your countryman have read your post and they are in the streets with their heads in buckets of sand in shame. I'm leaving the door open for you so go through it quietly and unnoticed. When you get outside you will see a bucket to your left that's the one for to put your head in the sand.
PS. By the way I'm not dyslexic I'm just another foreigner in your great country! Yours trulyxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :help

Mikeifg

:banghead:120.oo for those decals.YOU GOT A DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!. So quit winning about that price save your money for the kart parts and quit dreaming your better than any sign guy. It was probably stated but why do you tards want to put the money in parts etc but when it comes down to what everybody sees you want it cheap. I had a customer like you who raced karts got a lot of free stuff out of me and turned around and bought a plotter for 300.00 bucks. Now he calls me for advice and if I could kick his ass thru the phone I would but I just hang up. He charges someone 20.00 for numbers but spends 52.00 on the vinyl:banghead::ROFLMAO:Give us all a break not all of us will rant and rave like this but it's becomming the norm here lately with the Walmart sign shops and a I can do it cheaper attitude.

SignManiac

I have nothing relevant to say about kart lettering. I lettered one a long time ago. But I'd like to add, Bella you have spine! That's a compliment btw.

skyhigh

I'm with Doug....thats some pretty funny stuff.
I think you met your match there Gino. :ROFLMAO:

Bella, is there any chance you could attend the NE Signs101 meet??? :U Rock:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Match..... met my match ??

I don't wanna play..... MatchGameLogo.jpg

Really.... I don't wanna play a game where someone keeps re-inventing the rules and changes stories every time they post anew. That's no fun, besides..... she can say or do anything she wants without any regard as to what the other person is referring to. No sport in that.

Taking things out of context and twisting things around has kinda become somewhat the norm around here lately.​

If belly wants to keep going into areas of no concern that's her business, but I choose not to participate.

If she wants to come to the 2009 'Meet 'n Greet'... that's totally fine by me. I have no problems with anyone coming... so long as they don't 'CRASH' the event. I DO need to know in advance.

C'mon belly, I thought you wanted us all to be friends ?? Chill out and let this pass... no one cares what or how you speak or type.... or originally hail from for that matter. We're one big happy family and some just can't get the last word in and although it sounds frustrating for you.... learn when to let go.

If you feel the need to still get the 'Last Word' in..... please do so and don't feel you're overstepping any rules in the house. Just please note... getting the last word doesn't necessarily mean you're right.

crying baby.jpg

bella

I'm with Doug....thats some pretty funny stuff.
I think you met your match there Gino. :ROFLMAO:

Bella, is there any chance you could attend the NE Signs101 meet??? :U Rock:
I would truly love to attend your NE Signs 101 meeting but only if my big old pussycat Gino the Genius will be there?:doh:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I would truly love to attend your NE Signs 101 meeting but only if my big old pussycat Gino the Genius will be there?:doh:

I'll definitely be attending. I'll probably be there the whole time, too. The only time I'll be missing will be when I go across the street for some liquid nourishment. :bushmill: :bushmill:
:Welcome:..... of course you are welcome. If you're really interested, it's August 22 & 23. (f you can make it, I'm sure we can get the information to you for signing up.

signtologist

Guy I do this for a living I don't need ppl like you trying to start a small business because you want to make some side money. Keep your day job, race your cars. and let the real sign guys do their job. This is the reason why our field is a joke.