• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illustrator and photoshop not printing same blue.

altereddezignz

If your using the same RGB values in Illustrator as Photoshop and not getting the same print then you have a color management issue.

My apologies. I miss read what you wrote and wrote the wrong response based on what i read. The issue i have is the pantone not matching. So i would have to change the rgb value in illustrator and the rgb value in photoshop. Not sure what the color outcome is of illustrator based on the rgb as the rip will see it differently. I know i get the same cmyk outcome from illy as i do PS but the color is an awful color haha. Basically not the color i need..

Ill convert and see what i get on the rgb mix..

dypinc

My apologies. I miss read what you wrote and wrote the wrong response based on what i read. The issue i have is the pantone not matching. So i would have to change the rgb value in illustrator and the rgb value in photoshop. Not sure what the color outcome is of illustrator based on the rgb as the rip will see it differently. I know i get the same cmyk outcome from illy as i do PS but the color is an awful color haha. Basically not the color i need..

Ill convert and see what i get on the rgb mix..

There was a few times in the past where we used aqueous printers that were not driven with a RIP and using an RGB equivalent of a spot color was are way around that. So if your printer has a high gamut than say SWOP then it might make sense to use RGB so you can set PS and IL to the same setting since your RIP is having a problem with named Pantone colors from PS.