• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I'm furious

signswi

Eat organic and buy local. If you can't pronounce the ingredients it isn't food.

:rock-n-roll:

Dollar General is an overstock warehouse for suckers to buy absolute crap at. Why would you buy food there, of course it's expired. That's why it got sold off to Dollar General.

Ya not too long ago a read an article about this very issue, and it said most of the stock at Dollar stores when it came to food was expired or close to it.

allamericantrade

One has to watch deli and conveinent stores also. Can't tell you how many times I have seen expired labels in local "convenient" stores. I have been known to clear an entire shelf and bring it to the counter. You should see the look on everyone's faces when I drop a whole shelf at the counter and inform them in front of who ever is in earshot that its all expired!

Kevin-shopVOX

As opposed to eating inorganic? Since the mindless granola eating idiots preempted the term 'organic' and it's cousin 'natural' [as opposed to 'unnatural' or maybe 'supernatural'] it has provided me with constant source of a bizarre combination of amusement and irritation.

Are you calling me a mindless granola eating idiot? On certain occasions anyone of those may be true..but never all at once. Organic simply means chemical and pesticide free. The phrase 'you are what you eat" couldn't be further from the truth.

skyhigh

Why do you think everything is a buck at these dollar stores?

Of course everything is going to be out dated!

I think you are confusing Dollar General with Dollar Tree. The dollar general stores, everything is not a buck.....that being said, I would still expect that a product isn't out of date. Although its not illegal for these "scratch & dent" stores to sell out of date product, as their customers are forewarned. Your average "grocery" store does not have the same luxury, without facing heavy fines from the PDA or attorney generals office. I'm sure a pattern would need established.

The company I worked for (many moons ago) was very strict, when it came to "expiration dates". Whether you consider this right or wrong.....I once watched as they filled a dumpster with over 1,000 CASES (not individual boxes) of Betty Crocker cake mix. Although this was an extreme F'up with the inventory people, it was a common occurrence to dispose of product that was past, or near the expiration date.

These cake mixes still had a week before it reached the expiration date. They felt, by the time they reached the store level, what would be the sense in sending them out. At the time I thought there were other options, rather than disposal (and still do).

The children "snacks" in my case are a YEAR past the expiration date, and evidently unsafe to eat. Ludicrous !!!!!

skyhigh

Are you calling me a mindless granola eating idiot? On certain occasions anyone of those may be true..but never all at once.

LOL....thanks for the laugh. Sounds like me, except I don't eat granola.
(gotta love bob also.....pita that he is):Big Laugh

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It's one thing for the stores to be selling outdated items, but.... we have the same chance to look at the dates on cartons, cans and bags when making the actual purchase while shopping these kinda stores as checking them out after they taste bad.

As for buying organic or all natural.... nothing wrong with it in my book. My wife buys this all the time... or as much as possible. Personally, I'm not in the habit of trying to pronounce the ingredients. If it's meat.... it shouldn't have ingredients other than chicken, beef or fish on the label. Did you know the USDA says it's Okay to spray most fish with a chemical to now keep it fresh longer for shipping and all it does is make the fish a little rubbery ?? Fugthat, we get fish that has been caught with nothing added to it. It just means there's too many chemicals in that particular food. If I have bag of hot dog rolls sitting on a shelf for 6 months and they're still safe to eat by the expiration date..... that means only the chemicals have kept them going... and that's something I don't think my body needs to remain active. Our 3 freezers and 2 refrigerators are stocked with either home-made foods from our garden or from stock grown locally. Sure, there's some ice cream or treats in there, but anything in slight moderation will never harm anyone. It's when you depend on cardboard food and chemically reinforced foods you don't get the natural minerals and nutrients our bodies need.

Let me ask you... why does food need 'Food Dyes' ??
Why do our schools need Zemanek ??
Do you realize that the vast majority of our food 'shipped in'.... is produced or raised on polluted water and soil, pesticide and herbicide-tainted farm produces, antibiotics abuse and illegal uses of feed additives ??

You do realize that most of these additives were tested back in the 1940's throughout the 1980's and '90's and were subject to not so scientific testing. You're trusting your body to taste buds and old technology that at best..... thought things were/are safe. How many things have been banned due to modern day testing ??​

Tim Aucoin

90% of food in grocery stores is not "real food" and is TOXIC. For those who haven't seen this, and if you care about what you eat, this is worth a watch...

http://www.foodmatters.tv/#

I've posted about this before and shared what I have been doing to get healthy and improving the quality of my life by refusing to eat most of the "food" our grocery stores sell. I was pretty much laughed at, and if I recall, Bob told me I was consuming "snake oil". Well, when I read threads like this one, with posts about peoples' concerns about food, I can't help but speak up and give my two cents! I detoxify my body DAILY by using my "snake oil", and it is making a HUGE difference in my life. Almost 85lbs. of toxic fat gone. I'm stronger than I have ever been in my life, I feel better than I can ever remember feeling AND I'm far from finished!

I'm not trying to sell anything or cause a huge debate on the dietary supplement market (or as Bob calls it; "snake oil"). I just want to point out the FACT that pretty much everything we eat and breathe are TOXIC. There's no avoiding it, but you can do something about it if you really want to! For your own sake, and the sake of your children, and your children's children, you owe it to yourself to at least be educated on the topic! Unfortunately, children DON'T usually have a choice as to what they eat. They depend on their parents to make the right choice for them.

Enough said!

Kevin-shopVOX

90% of food in grocery stores is not "real food" and is TOXIC. For those who haven't seen this, and if you care about what you eat, this is worth a watch...

http://www.foodmatters.tv/#

I've posted about this before and shared what I have been doing to get healthy and improving the quality of my life by refusing to eat most of the "food" our grocery stores sell. I was pretty much laughed at, and if I recall, Bob told me I was consuming "snake oil". Well, when I read threads like this one, with posts about peoples' concerns about food, I can't help but speak up and give my two cents! I detoxify my body DAILY by using my "snake oil", and it is making a HUGE difference in my life. Almost 85lbs. of toxic fat gone. I'm stronger than I have ever been in my life, I feel better than I can ever remember feeling AND I'm far from finished!

I'm not trying to sell anything or cause a huge debate on the dietary supplement market (or as Bob calls it; "snake oil"). I just want to point out the FACT that pretty much everything we eat and breathe are TOXIC. There's no avoiding it, but you can do something about it if you really want to! For your own sake, and the sake of your children, and your children's children, you owe it to yourself to at least be educated on the topic! Unfortunately, children DON'T usually have a choice as to what they eat. They depend on their parents to make the right choice for them.

Enough said!

Food has the power to prevent and heal or it can slowly kill you. The choice is yours.

SD&F

I try and read ingredients often and find anything that is high in sodium, sugar alcohol, or ingredients that none of us recognize is an easy spot on what not to buy.
The less extras, the better the product. Unfortunately, much of the organics here
in Georgia are much higher than other foods. We were assisting in cleaning the roof of a burger joint that we were installing an LED on and we found a perfectly wrapped hamburger in a bag with the dated receipt...three years old. THE BURGER LOOKED EDIBLE.....YUK. I can't tell you what joint, but use caution eating out.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Most of us eat whatever is put in front of us. Whether your wife makes it or you go out to a fancy restaurant.... you eat it and enjoy.......

• How many have to take a little pill before eating..... or afterwards ??
  • How many are on statins ??
  • How many suffer from reflux ??
  • How many don't go to the bathroom regularly ??
  • How many are slightly or very obese ??

An all natural drink I take is a little something called 'Bragg raw unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar... with the Mother'. Probably a swig in the afternoon about once a week does it for me. Other than my glucose is elevated, I have no other real problems. Everything else is rather strong, but I'm still about 18lbs. overweight. This elevated glucose is the reason I couldn't be considered a possibility for Al Checca, but I tried through his contact.... Megan. :Oops:

Most of all the bullcrap y'all need to take is from a horrid diet and intake, which the extra chemicals from sodas, food additives and other stuff all contributes to your problems. Keep on fooling yourselves and when you finally get a wake-up call, don't looked so surprised.

And we wonder why our kids are outa hand in the last decade or two ??

CheapVehicleWrap

Maybe all these preservatives aren't so bad for us after all.

I mean is it really fair that the average fast food french fry has a much longer lifespan than a human being?

genericname

if the food was so toxic that they sell at grocery stores many more people would be dying at a much younger age...

Death isn't the only result from ingesting toxic substances. The cola manufacturers in the 'States just had to change one of their key ingredients because it's now listed as a possible carcinogen. Many other preservatives and chemicals used in cultivation of our "modern" food are known neurotoxins.

We have been sold a lie in the name of progress.

tsgstl

• How many suffer from reflux ??

I'm 38 not really overweight at all, pretty in shape, I eat mostly home cooked food by me. I do eat fast food for lunch 3 days out of the week. But I battled reflux for over a year. Taking Zantac sometimes 3 times a day. Someone told me to not eat 3 hours before I went to bed and it will go away. I have had a tall glass of Hershey chocolate milk with a snack every night almost my entire life before I went to bed. I cut that out and no more reflux and I lost 14lbs in a month.

skyhigh

we have the same chance to look at the dates on cartons, cans and bags when making the actual purchase while shopping these kinda stores as checking them out after they taste bad.

Well, I can't argue with you Gino. I guess my background has always given me a sense of security in this area.......that, and the fact that its (lack of a better word) illegal in PA. Besides, what store would want the reputation of selling extreme expired product to their customers.

Don't get me wrong..... If I purchased a box of cake mix that had expired 2 weeks ago, I wouldn't give it much thought. I'd even give all the kids a slice.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Good stuff! Probably the best thing for you. Wondering why you take it so infrequently though. Have you ever "pulled oil"?

Kudos for trying to help Al!

When I first started taking it, years ago.... I took a swig in the morning and one around 6 or 7 in the evening. Within a week or two, I had no need to take it any more, but I still took a swig once a day. After about a year, I dropped down to once a week. Sometimes I take it just for the sake of it [cause oddly enough, I like the taste.... yuck-O], but I know sometimes, I'll eat something super spicy and hot too late at night... and this stuff will allow solid sleep.

I might start taking it once a day again.

As for 'Oil Pulling'... no, I've never tried it. What oil do you use and do you swoosh it around for like 20 minutes ?? How many times a day do you do it ??