• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I'm furious

Baz

How much unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar do you drink for one dose? Straight or dilluted with water?

To stay on topic ... I would not buy food from a dollar store! I don't know your Dollar General but i know dollar stores up here. I avoid them like the plague.

CheapVehicleWrap

Funny you should mention vinegar. I just started again yesterday after several months off. (I'm not only cheap; I'm lazy too). I'll do 1 teaspoon 1-3 times a day. I can handle it straight and often do but it makes a glass of water taste SO much better (much be NJ water). Actually look forward to drinking it in the coming heat.

Yes. ORGANIC sesame oil. 1-3 times a day. I'll tell you... my brother and I started doing it last year and I didn't mention the benefits. He started telling me what it was doing to him in less than a week! Chronic headaches gone, MUCH whiter teeth, MUCH deeper sleep with dreams, overall more energy/less fatigued. etc. One of the basic benefits is a thorough mouth cleansing relieving the body from fighting off all that junk. Remember, the mouth is dirtier than the bung.

Last year after MUCH research, I came to the conclusion that good health revolves arond oil & vinegar?? WTF? Nobody's making and money on this stuff and it's history goes WAY back. I HIGHLY recommend anyone give these a try for a week or more and see for yourself. Just make sure you get the correct organic products.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, I can't argue with you Gino. I guess my background has always given me a sense of security in this area.......that, and the fact that its (lack of a better word) illegal in PA. Besides, what store would want the reputation of selling extreme expired product to their customers.

Don't get me wrong..... If I purchased a box of cake mix that had expired 2 weeks ago, I wouldn't give it much thought. I'd even give all the kids a slice.

That's a false sense of security. You need to be responsible for your own actions. If you buy it and not at least read the label.... well, then maybe you should start. We're in a new world and it's a pretty sad and rotten place by old standards.

As for a box cake. In my whole life, other than maybe a friend's house or a picnic... I've never eaten a box cake or anything else out of a box pre-made. My Mom and my wife made/make everything from scratch from pancakes to soup to even our milk is completely raw. Straight from the cow. When we go to the farm, that milk came out of the cow usually within 4 hours. You know what else.... when it starts to turn... it's only sour milk which is still very good for you, unlike the milk that's been pasteurized and homogenized which can make you sick..... very sick.

Besides outdated food products, there are many more important things to be worried about being illegal than just a box of crackers or a can of soup. Sure, it could be dangerous, but so can an illegal person carrying a gun. At least the expired box of grahams can be detected by yourself without ANY cause for alarm when reporting it to the cashier, but being expired yourself by some illegal's gun is nothing you can avoid. Your input was never involved or needed.

Tim Aucoin

if the food was so toxic that they sell at grocery stores many more people would be dying at a much younger age...

Um, not so! It's a slow poisoning process. Do the research, you'd be amazed. The childhood obesity epidemic is just the beginning. If people were dying at a young age, then there would be something done about it... changes would be made quite quickly! People still live till the ripe old age of 50 or 60, but check out how many are "supporting" the pharmaceutical industry by the time they hit that age! Why, because they've been slowly poisoned all their lives!

One specific example is Aspartame! Do a google search for "the health benefits of aspartame". Let me know what you find! Just a little FYI... you know those little "pouches" you get in with most pills these days, the ones that absorb moisture and say "do not eat".... the main ingredient in those is silica. Use your favorite internet search engine and check out the main ingredient in Aspartame, one of the world's most popular ARTIFICIAL sweeteners that you find in just about everything these days. Would it surprise you to know that its main ingredient is silica? Yet, we are warned not to eat it! Go figure! :rolleyes:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Um, not so! It's a slow poisoning process. Do the research, you'd be amazed. The childhood obesity epidemic is just the beginning. If people were dying at a young age, then there would be something done about it... changes would be made quite quickly! People still live till the ripe old age of 50 or 60, but check out how many are "supporting" the pharmaceutical industry by the time they hit that age! Why, because they've been slowly poisoned all their lives!

One specific example is Aspartame! Do a google search for "the health benefits of aspartame". Let me know what you find! Just a little FYI... you know those little "pouches" you get in with most pills these days, the ones that absorb moisture and say "do not eat".... the main ingredient in those is silica. Use your favorite internet search engine and check out the main ingredient in Aspartame, one of the world's most popular ARTIFICIAL sweeteners that you find in just about everything these days. Would it surprise you to know that its main ingredient is silica? Yet, we are warned not to eat it! Go figure! :rolleyes:

Well, c'mon T3... in all fairness, I wouldn't go up to a cow and take a bite right out of her side and think I was eating a hamburger or steak. It has to be tenderized, preservatives added, dyes added, chemicals from the fattening up process for more yield and let's not forget the hormones and additives they're fed while being raised in those food factories.

So, to be fair.... there is silicon for human consumption and silicon not for human consumption. Just read the label and you'll know which one you can eat or not... and how it's been made and treated. :Big Laugh

Most of my life, I tried to stay away from all drugs regardless of how pure they were and other than medicine [which is another interesting subject]..... I've managed to rid myself of it all. So, why should I use it in my food ??

CheapVehicleWrap

Some milk around here is from NYC where it has 2 expiration dates.
NY expires days sooner.
So, it's transported to NJ before the second expiration date.
With the trucking industry in the dump, they must not run the refers or just use regular trucks because in the summer this milk will spoil in 1 day well before the Jersey expiration date.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I am striving to be the first person killed by Mountain Dew...

Kasey at our shop has you beat... I'm sure. :thumb:

He goes through about 3 or 4..... 2-liter bottles while at work alone. He's only 25 and weighs in at about 310lbs. [He's only about 5'7" or 8"]. He eats only processed foods and shoots lotsa guns, but not at food possibilities.

You might be running a close 2nd. :wink:

Baz

He goes through about 3 or 4..... 2-liter bottles while at work alone. He's only 25 and weighs in at about 310lbs. [He's only about 5'7" or 8"]. He eats only processed foods and shoots lotsa guns, but not at food possibilities.

You might be running a close 2nd. :wink:

That's nasty!

skyhigh

That's a false sense of security. You need to be responsible for your own actions.

That makes as much sense as me walking into your shop or home, and NOT noticing the loose railing on the porch. Being its my feet that are doing the walking, and my hands grasping the rail (as I do a backflip off the deck), that its somehow my fault that you didn't maintain your property???

Hey, now that I realize this can happen, I will be more diligent when shopping......but the "responsibility" lies elsewhere. A good portion of my taxes go towards paying the salary of the FDA, PDA and the USDA.....along with the Attorney General & his consumer affairs division who prosecute those that don't follow the rules.

Expiration dates are there for manufacturers, wholesalers, retailers, and eventually for in-store personnel, to guarantee proper rotation of stock and to remove outdated product.

Alas.....with all safeguards in place, and numerous agencies involved to insure my well being, you still believe its my responsibility??? I guess you are correct.

Pretty sad.

I would not buy food from a dollar store!
I hear ya baz. Our Dollar General is pretty clean here. But have you noticed how many places sell "groceries" these days? CVS, Kmart, Walmart....ect. Everyone wants to sell groceries. I remember when the first SUPER walmart came to this area. I bought some pepperoni, and it was the most rancid piece of meat. By the way....the wife dosen't buy your "typical" perishables from these places (ie. eggs, meat, milk, cheese....ect). She will occasionally purchase "canned" goods, crackers, nuts or maybe cookies.

Tim Aucoin

Well, c'mon T3... in all fairness, I wouldn't go up to a cow and take a bite right out of her side and think I was eating a hamburger or steak. It has to be tenderized, preservatives added, dyes added, chemicals from the fattening up process for more yield and let's not forget the hormones and additives they're fed while being raised in those food factories.

So, to be fair.... there is silicon for human consumption and silicon not for human consumption. Just read the label and you'll know which one you can eat or not... and how it's been made and treated. :Big Laugh

:ROFLMAO::covereyes:

Si Allen

The way that I look at it ... the preservatives that they add to the food, also preserves me!

Why else would I have made it to 77 years old, especially when you consider all the crazy stuff that I managed to live through!

:omg2:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hey sky.... not to get into a p!ssing match with ya..... but..........................

When you buy a bag of chips or milk off the shelf.... you're telling me you don't read the expiration dates to get the freshest bag or bottle ??
When you buy medicine off the shelf, not prescription.... you don't look at the expiration date ??
Okay, you have a bottle of aspirin at home in the medicine cabinet and you know it's been around a long time.... don't you read to see if it expired before you put it in your mouth ??

Do you know how many people hang out at the deli counters and meat departments in grocery stores because at a certain time.... things before they totally expire will sometimes be cut 50% in price, just to sell it. That's a fact - jack.

Coming to my house or shop and you break the railing and fall, after I stop laughing at you.... I'll help ya up and if anything's broken, I'll contact my insurance company. If you slipped on your own free will and hurt yourself.... I'll still contact my insurance company. Then I'll ask... how much were you drinking or how many out-a-date aspirins did you take earlier that day.

I don't see the connection at all. I didn't give you anything ahead of time to base your fall on except an invite and you could as well turned it down if you have a fear of falling. Some people make a habit of taking advantage of others by falsely accusing others of neglect, when in fact, they created the whole ordeal on their own and were trying to fake liability.

If you go up and do some work on an electric sign and are the last known person working on it and some guy a year down the road goes up to service the sign..... let's say he's zapped... and pretty darned good and has to go to the hospital due to a faulty ground or wire connection that he didn't even touch.... would you be liable or him for not knowing you mis-wired something ??

showcase 66

I talked to my uncle this morning. He Retired last year from KRAFT. He was an upper level for Nabisco before heading over to the Parent Company Kraft as a VP in Wilkes Barre. Anyway. He told me that Dollar General does not buy any Kraft, Nabisco or any other company brand from the. Usually they purchase from companies who overbuy product and need to get rid of the product. DG will purchase usually at .20 to the dollar on the product.

Now the companies who are the "go between guys" are suppose to process the good and bad for expiration. I doubt they really care.

He also wanted to know if it was the "honey" teddy grahams. He said most anything with a honey flavor will turn horrid after a long period. Especially if has been kept in warmer conditions than it should have been.

He said that first and foremost it is DG's responsibility for what is on their shelves. But he did say to contact Nabisco about the product. If you have the receipt of when the items were purchased, that would be great for them as they can use that against the middle men for these transactions.

If he was still working there I would be able to get some more info for you.

If you want to get it tested there are a bunch of companys out there that will do it. Silliker is a big name in food testing. Just about any environmental lab could handle it though.

skyhigh

Hey sky.... not to get into a p!ssing match with ya..... but..........................

LOL....but???? I wouldn't expect anything else from you buddy.

When you buy a bag of chips or milk off the shelf.... you're telling me you don't read the expiration dates to get the freshest bag or bottle ??
When you buy medicine off the shelf, not prescription.... you don't look at the expiration date ??
Okay, you have a bottle of aspirin at home in the medicine cabinet and you know it's been around a long time.... don't you read to see if it expired before you put it in your mouth ??

Highly perishable items, yes I do check the exp. date. Milk especially. Chips NEVER.

Do you know how many people hang out at the deli counters and meat departments in grocery stores because at a certain time.... things before they totally expire will sometimes be cut 50% in price, just to sell it. That's a fact - jack.

Won't find me there looking for a bargain on meat. yuck.
Jack? LOL, you know better.

Coming to my house or shop and you break the railing and fall, after I stop laughing at you.... I'll help ya up and if anything's broken, I'll contact my insurance company. If you slipped on your own free will and hurt yourself.... I'll still contact my insurance company. Then I'll ask... how much were you drinking or how many out-a-date aspirins did you take earlier that day.

Your railing was loose. Dammit, maintain your property. (or read better)

I don't see the connection at all. I didn't give you anything ahead of time to base your fall on except an invite and you could as well turned it down if you have a fear of falling. Some people make a habit of taking advantage of others by falsely accusing others of neglect, when in fact, they created the whole ordeal on their own and were trying to fake liability.

Re-Read.........geez

If you go up and do some work on an electric sign and are the last known person working on it and some guy a year down the road goes up to service the sign..... let's say he's zapped... and pretty darned good and has to go to the hospital due to a faulty ground or wire connection that he didn't even touch.... would you be liable or him for not knowing you mis-wired something ??

Always remember to turn off electric....INSPECT.....then re-energize if need be to do any testing. (no charge for the free advice)

CSDD, yes it was the honey. I've allready had a call from Kraft. They were helpful. My big beef is with DG. Haven't heard from them yet.

HulkSmash

I have to agree with skyhigh.. it's silly to check expiration dates on everything... only milk/eggs/cheese and yogurt...and other random stuff...

but no to chips, crackers, or cookies...