• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is it just me?

ThinkRight

Your not going to be judged by your post count as you are on here.

:popcorn:

Wrong !
Everyone will be judged post count be damned.
That is by design , on all forums .
People post looking for critique ,opinions ,ideas and sometimes for praise.
This is social media and people will say here what they will not say in person.
But in the end , it makes everyone a better sign-maker.
Those who help and those that learn .
:toasting:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
This place has nothing in common with a popularity contest,

Unless off course your popularity gets threatened Gino.....then it seems to matter ! Then it is all stiff back and drop lip.

What did you say.... you wanna a fat lip ?? :ROFLMAO:

• Now, what in tarnation are you talking about ?? :banghead:

Do you really think that with the way I answer people and call them out, I'm looking to be liked ?? Are you a fool or just being stoopid, too ?? If I was in some popularity contest, I'd be posting answers like yours and the other jokers always kissin' up somebody's butt to make someone's day a little brighter there, Sunshine.

You wanna do business, then roll up your sleeves and get serious. Be it the sign business, contracting, dairy farming, teaching classes or whatever...... it has nothing to do with going to the internet every couple of minutes or hours and asking stoopid questions over and over so you can run back and try to do your job..... half-a$$ed at best.

This place in my estimation is to help people further their knowledge in this field, educate them in the various terms or methods of fabricating signs to design work. How to put up a large pylon sign or how to mount a 2' x 3' piece of vinyl without bubbles. What tools are needed, or hey I have a problem... can you help me ?? How 'bout all the fun and laughter, the birthday wishes, the newborns and the deaths in this small community. It's about doing what you can to help your fellow sign maker.

It's not about someone refusing to learn anything for the nth-teenth time and still asking silly questions or using dumb terms. It's not about disrespect whether you're younger or older. It's not about not knowing your a$$ from a hole in the ground and trying to pretend you know what you're doing. It's not about someone coming here and playing the part of a sign guy in disguise, just to take work away from our fellow workers.

One can learn, but at least try to retain something once in a while. It gets old everytime someone asks the same question over and over and over and over and over. Do you even realize how many times this very subject has come up and there's three sides to the story. Old grumpy sign guys, young newbies and then the sheeple in between who don't care one way or the other, but just want peace at any price.

Sh!t or get off the pot. How will many of these people ever amount to anything if they don't learn the basics ?? Yeah, yeah, yeah.... I know, they have t start somewhere and they need to ask questions.

So, maybe over in Africa it's a little different, but over here......

Day one at school......... 1 + 1 = 2
Next day...................... 2 + 2 = 4
Next day.......................3 + 3 = 6

Skippy walks into class late on the forth day and asks.... how much is 1 + 1 ??
The whole class yells out 2.

Okay.

Back to class..................4 + 4 = 8
Wait, what happened to the 2's ??

Okay Skippy... 1+1=2, 2+2=4, 3+3=6 and 4+4=8

Fifth day ........................5 + 6=10.

Snorky stands up and says, I was sick the beginning of the week. What are we doing ?? Is this word reading ?? Nope. Is this geography or science ??

No, you silly newbie.... it's addition and we have to start all over again for you. This goes on until the end of the school year and maybe you'll get to 10 + 10 = 20, but most won't know why or how... cause they just kept getting started over and over making class very boring for the people who knew, learned and paid attention. So, besides being disruptive, you're also a dolt and no one can call you that, cause that ain't nice, so you're a dolt and don't know it.

So, is this how you learn, by not learning and always interrupting something you already should've known ??

J

john1

Do you really think that with the way I answer people and call them out, I'm looking to be liked ?? Are you a fool or just being stoopid, too ?? If I was in some popularity contest, I'd be posting answers like yours and the other jokers always kissin' up somebody's butt to make someone's day a little brighter there, Sunshine.

You wanna do business, then roll up your sleeves and get serious. Be it the sign business, contracting, dairy farming, teaching classes or whatever...... it has nothing to do with going to the internet every couple of minutes or hours and asking stoopid questions over and over so you can run back and try to do your job..... half-a$$ed at best.

This place in my estimation is to help people further their knowledge in this field, educate them in the various terms or methods of fabricating signs to design work. How to put up a large pylon sign or how to mount a 2' x 3' piece of vinyl without bubbles. What tools are needed, or hey I have a problem... can you help me ?? How 'bout all the fun and laughter, the birthday wishes, the newborns and the deaths in this small community. It's about doing what you can to help your fellow sign maker.

It's not about someone refusing to learn anything for the nth-teenth time and still asking silly questions or using dumb terms. It's not about disrespect whether you're younger or older. It's not about not knowing your a$$ from a hole in the ground and trying to pretend you know what you're doing. It's not about someone coming here and playing the part of a sign guy in disguise, just to take work away from our fellow workers.

One can learn, but at least try to retain something once in a while. It gets old everytime someone asks the same question over and over and over and over and over. Do you even realize how many times this very subject has come up and there's three sides to the story. Old grumpy sign guys, young newbies and then the sheeple in between who don't care one way or the other, but just want peace at any price.

Sh!t or get off the pot. How will many of these people ever amount to anything if they don't learn the basics ?? Yeah, yeah, yeah.... I know, they have t start somewhere and they need to ask questions.

Okay.

Snorky stands up and says, I was sick the beginning of the week. What are we doing ?? Is this word reading ?? Nope. Is this geography or science ??

No, you silly newbie.... it's addition and we have to start all over again for you. This goes on until the end of the school year and maybe you'll get to 10 + 10 = 20, but most won't know why or how... cause they just kept getting started over and over making class very boring for the people who knew, learned and paid attention. So, besides being disruptive, you're also a dolt and no one can call you that, cause that ain't nice, so you're a dolt and don't know it.

So, is this how you learn, by not learning and always interrupting something you already should've known ??

I think i will continue to keep on doing whatever will get a rise out of you :goodpost:

I hope when i'm old and grumpy i'm not post battling. That is all this forum is turning into. Novice posts a question-grumpy old guys or cocky young guys jumps down their throat-novice leaves-Fred points out that another good potential member has been ran off-old/cocky guys say nothing.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That's all ya got ??

Also, I didn't see your post the other day about stud mount, but then I don't see how one simple remark like that should get you all flustered.

I think you're just getting too in touch with your inner self and tickling something and getting a rise outa yourself there, Johnny.

As for your next post/thread.... instead of being a pimple on someone's butt, why don't you learn from your mistakes and try to ask a complex question or have something which is exciting to talk about and discuss ?? Wouldn't that be novel ??

J

john1

That's all ya got ??

Also, I didn't see your post the other day about stud mount, but then I don't see how one simple remark like that should get you all flustered.

I think you're just getting too in touch with your inner self and tickling something and getting a rise outa yourself there, Johnny.

As for your next post/thread.... instead of being a pimple on someone's butt, why don't you learn from your mistakes and try to ask a complex question or have something which is exciting to talk about and discuss ?? Wouldn't that be novel ??

I can't ask a complex question, you know it all.

Johnny, lol When i think of your name i think GYNECOLOGIST. Not sure why. Have a novel on that?

:corndog:

Okay.

Holy S*** I must have missed a few days. When did we learn that 5+6=10?:Oops:

skyhigh

Seasoned has nothing to do with it. People specialize. You make it sound as if we should know every possible installation and trick in the book. It just isn't so. Some of our long time clients need something slightly out of our range so we ask.

Point in fact: Come to my shop and "stack dimes" on aluminum with my Synchrowave TIG.

Hmmm....can't do it? Well your not real "seasoned" are ya?

rj, this is a very diverse profession indeed, and we do tend to "specialize", but....
"Stud Mounting" gemini letters doesn't exactly fall into the "specialized" category of knowing "every possible installation and trick in the book"

I guess you had to follow the particular thread in question.....
The poster said he had been on Gemini's website, and had signed up for an account. On that very same website's home page, is a big link that says, "INSTALLATION VIDEOS".
http://www.signletters.com/Videos/videos.html

His question..."Whats a stud mount" wasn't a stupid question (I ask stupid questions). His was a stupid & extremely LAZY question. On another one of his threads, he indicated that he didn't know how to paint a sheet of MDO, and was looking for other options. :banghead:

Come to my shop and "stack dimes" on aluminum with my Synchrowave TIG.

Hmmm....can't do it? Well your not real "seasoned" are ya?
I wouldn't berate someone that didn't know how to weld......but if he calls himself a welder, but doesn't know what a welding rod is.....well, you get my drift.

Ohhhhh, and its spelled syncrowave. And my father was a welder by trade. I had a stinger in my hand, before you knew what "penetration" was all about. :Big Laugh
(a little welding humor for ya)

But, truth be told, I'm not a good welder.

Fatboy

Gino do you realise that we are actually starting to doubt your authenticy. Are you real or are you just a fat kid in his mom's basement,joining all these forums to stir crap?

skyhigh

Gino do you realise that we are actually starting to doubt your authenticy. Are you real or are you just a fat kid in his mom's basement,joining all these forums to stir crap?

Its better than that. Gino actually has 3 accounts..... "Signage", "John1", and of course "Gino". Not only does he stir crap on the forums, but he argues with himself on them too.

I think he may be Pat Whatley and Addie also, but I'm not sure.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Its better than that. Gino actually has 3 accounts..... "Signage", "John1", and of course "Gino". Not only does he stir crap on the forums, but he argues with himself on them too.

:Big Laugh

J

john1

It's true

Suz

I like McDonalds :munchie:

:Oops: and I like this:

(what Pat said)

It's not just you....the first two guys who blew pigment onto a cave wall said the same thing about the third guy who did it.

Same goes for just about every profession....and a whole lot of the people who say it about other people are the very people who shouldn't be in it.

signage

If this type of work is acceptable to you then I must be in the wrong field:omg:

Oh and John1 unless you did these install this was not directed to you! But you must feel you fit the description:doh:

Skyhigh when sending payment for the job finished Do Not make check out to Gino!

Gino I see the goddess caught you in the basement on the couch and snapped a picture:ROFLMAO:

As I travel around doing jobs I will snap some other picture to see who feels the work is acceptable!

Now back to regular forum posting:popcorn:

Attachments

• bad script example smeared.jpg
    bad script example smeared.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 59
  • No retainer lft side smeared.jpg
    No retainer lft side smeared.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 46

signage

Wiggum PI look at the script, now does that look like it was done correctly?

notice it isn't welded and has spaces in some parts. Not the best photo

10sacer

I have the answer to all of this...

Just like doctors and lawyers whose profession is described as a "practice" - we should deem the graphics and signage world as a practice because its virtually impossible to learn and know it all at any one time - thus the need for forums like this. Its called education. Can any of you imagine where you would be if every teacher you ever had treated all your questions with snide remarks or disdain and called you stupid and that you shouldn't be in school?

I have been doing this for 30 years, but had to ask the other day for help with a simple font - and the Precision Type font Reference guide was sitting on the table right behind me. I got the answer from jhill in about 5 minutes, said thanks, and moved on with my day.

I agree, though, that the same questions keep getting asked over and over, but thats the nature of forums. Besides, I have used the search function many times and it doesn't think the way I do apparently.

Locals Find!

Don't ever say Gino is me. I am insulted by that. I wouldn't have my a stick that big up my *** ever. Gino must walk around like a bad caramel apple most of his day.

I have to say though many people on here claim to know everything about stuff they know very little about and have very little actual experience in doing. (Sales in-particular) Yet when seasoned people offer solid advice that has been learned in the trenches by making mistakes they scoff at it.

Many of you have been fortunate in business. It has nothing to do with your sales skills at all. Many of you lack them entirely. You have been blessed with good design skills or manufacturing skills and hung a sign out front and went to work. DON'T confuse your years of good luck to having any kind of selling ability at all.

As for knocking the newbies I gotta wonder if many of you didn't ask those same questions of your bosses when you were starting out and that guy went back to the bar later bitching about the same thing many of you ***** about online now.

We should all just grow up and cut the BS.