• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is it just me?

peavey123

I'd have to say that if you are here on S101 you are at least attempting to get better and in that case possibly deserve to be in the industry...
I've discovered that there are a bunch of companies out there where I have no freakin' clue how they stay in business. Guaranteed they aren't checking out s101.
I'm thinking the cheap keep the cheap in business?

rjssigns

I guess you had to follow the particular thread in question.....
The poster said he had been on Gemini's website, and had signed up for an account. On that very same website's home page, is a big link that says, "INSTALLATION VIDEOS".
http://www.signletters.com/Videos/videos.html

His question..."Whats a stud mount" wasn't a stupid question (I ask stupid questions). His was a stupid & extremely LAZY question. On another one of his threads, he indicated that he didn't know how to paint a sheet of MDO, and was looking for other options. :banghead:

Thanks for the clarification. More background would have been helpful and yes he/she should have done research on Gemini's site before posting. Good catch on the Syncrowave. I have been in anal retentive spelling mode since I am still taking college courses. We have been warned if there are more than 3 spelling errors on any assignment it gets tossed and you get a ZERO. Seems my classmates have never heard of spell check.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Its better than that. Gino actually has 3 accounts..... "Signage", "John1", and of course "Gino". Not only does he stir crap on the forums, but he argues with himself on them too.

I think he may be Pat Whatley and Addie also, but I'm not sure.

Yeah, after I ran my other two accounts [Cappy and S&F] into the ground, I began to learn from my mistakes and became better at this folly.

I can tell you, Addie is not one of mine. I couldn't even think of half the stoopid sh!t he comes up with in my wildest dreams. Ya hafta admit.... we got some doozies on here.

However, putting all this nonsense aside.... how many of you have noticed all the really good people not coming around anymore ?? Sure, some of the bickering will contribute, but it's also a disappointment to many to see this once fine industry, going down the tubes. Whatever the reasons, bad economy, bad business ethics or policies, poor planning, in over your head, no idea of what you're doing.... but most of all.... how many of you can really say the 'Role Models' are here today like they were 40, 50.... 75 years ago ??

There is really no one for the people of today young and old alike to look up to for guidance. This part might get struck, but from the top of our government to the people collecting.... where are the role models anymore ??

The whole world is bickering and threatening each other, so why wouldn't we see it carry over to here. Monkey see..... monkey do. We only emulate that which we see and hear. Desperate times, desperate people. And all with their hands out looking for free something. So, the newbies here are no different. It's ashame, but it's the only thing with a common denominator.

J

john1

If this type of work is acceptable to you then I must be in the wrong field:omg:

Oh and John1 unless you did these install this was not directed to you! But you must feel you fit the description:doh:

Skyhigh when sending payment for the job finished Do Not make check out to Gino!

Gino I see the goddess caught you in the basement on the couch and snapped a picture:ROFLMAO:

As I travel around doing jobs I will snap some other picture to see who feels the work is acceptable!

Now back to regular forum posting:popcorn:

I said the comment from skyhigh was directed towards me....

skyhigh

Gino must walk around like a bad caramel apple most of his day.

:help

LMAO..... please explain.
Addie, you can explain....or Gino.....whichever account you choose to use.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Is there such a thing as a "bad" carmel apple???

Locals Find!

:help

LMAO..... please explain.
Addie, you can explain....or Gino.....whichever account you choose to use.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Is there such a thing as a "bad" carmel apple???

The best visual I could give you would be imagine gino in a caramel apple costume with a huge popsicle stick coming out his rear.

GoodPeopleFlags

I admit I haven't read all of the posts (draaammaaa!!!) but the biggest complaint I have about new people entering the biz are the ones who decide to open up a sign business without having a clue about HOW to do it! That is just the stupidest thing I've ever heard! They defend it by saying, "Ya gotta start somewhere!". Yeah, it's called working in a sign shop! Then they come here and want everyone to explain to them how to do it. pffftttt....

And I prefer koalas. They're just so cute!

ThinkRight

I admit I haven't read all of the posts (draaammaaa!!!) but the biggest complaint I have about new people entering the biz are the ones who decide to open up a sign business without having a clue about HOW to do it! That is just the stupidest thing I've ever heard! They defend it by saying, "Ya gotta start somewhere!". Yeah, it's called working in a sign shop! Then they come here and want everyone to explain to them how to do it. pffftttt....

Those sour grapes make Whine !! instead of wine ......
:tongue:

Locals Find!

So when the first guy decided to make a sign he should have gone out and worked in a sign shop?? Maybe the cave men that painted on walls should have gone to art school too... ??

Under your thinking if you wanted to expand your business you would have to quit the business and go work for someone else while you learned what you wanted to do to expand. Seems kinda stupid to me but, hey what do I know.

Last edited by a moderator:

ICeMAnAbk

Every profession says the same ****.

There is specialization here. Not everyone does C&C, or Painting, or wraps. Some don't even install their own stuff. Also, I doubt anyone here walked into a sign shop knowing everything. All started as know nothings that had to learn the trade by either observing, asking, or trial & error.

So, short and simple, I wouldn't worry about what others ask/do, I'd worry more about what YOU are doing.

401Graphics

Every profession says the same ****.

There is specialization here. Not everyone does C&C, or Painting, or wraps. Some don't even install their own stuff. Also, I doubt anyone here walked into a sign shop knowing everything. All started as know nothings that had to learn the trade by either observing, asking, or trial & error.

So, short and simple, I wouldn't worry about what others ask/do, I'd worry more about what YOU are doing.

:goodpost: