• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I've been to your profile page... and i must say, I'm very disappointed!

GypsyGraphics

Your probably thinking, surly you haven't been to my page. Well yes, I probably have (and don't call me Shirley).

If I read something you posted, thought you were interesting, creative, smart, funny or witty... (mostly the latter two) i've been to your page. Even if I just like your, I've been to your page.

Oh, and if you posted something I didn't like or thought was mean...
"who the heck is this jerk"... click ... hmmm just like most everyone here... a list of software and machines. Darn!

Is it just me, am I the only one here who's curious about how people came to be in the sign business?

A few weeks ago, a member here pointed me to someone's profile in another forum. It was probably the most informative profile I've ever read. I bookmarked it to go back and read for inspiration. Yet here on this site.... nothing. Thought of PMing him but didn't. He's clearly a smart guy, must have a good reason for not posting his great profile here. Can I say who it is?

Just today, learn the story of how another Signs101 member came to be in the sign business, via PM... and on his profile page.... nothing.

So what's the deal? I'm not suggestion you post personal stuff, but come on... you are a very interesting group of people... and i for one, would love to know how you came to join this forum or how you landed in this industry. Hearing about your hobbies, well that's just a little added plus. And if your avatar has a story, tell it!

I wanna know! But don't post your story in this thread, put it on your profile page... I'll come find you. Crack me up or piss me off and I'll find you even faster.

Note to Fred: the current "about me" tab is geared more towards business. Is there a better way to post an "about me" than what i did, which was in my gallery. At the time, I was new to forums and didn't know any better.... and still don't.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Probably not me, I'm about as interesting as a used paper plate...

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I got to learn alot about Gypsy today, she is a way cool person for sure. She inspired me to write a little story as well. She is right we should take a few minutes and let everyone know how they came into this great industry.

OldPaint

iam still in the files of the KGB, CIA, FBI, ATF, OSS and dont want anyone to find me!!!!!!Hehehehehehhee
oh..and there is a limit on how much you can post on there..............

Last edited:

GypsyGraphics

Probably not me, I'm about as interesting as a used paper plate...
uhh yeah Rick I have...
Locations: SoCal
Work Description: Environmental Graphics, Identity, Print and Event graphics.
Position: Graphic Designer

Plotters & Printers: Graphtec, Roland and Gerber

Signmaking & Graphics Software: Adobe Illustrator w/CADTools
yeah, yeah, yeah...
Interests: Vinyl Records, Books, pondering lifes question

ahhh a snipet! Pondering a question myself. How's a used paper plate get into the sign business?

Rick

That all I do, design, recategorize my records once every few months, go through piles of books and think about who is gonna want this stuff when I'm dead...

Oh yeah, I drop of the kids, I pick them up, nag them to clean and check their homework, make food... Oh and today is grocery night... then work some more.

Still trying to figure out who you are, was at the Apple store yesterday and I thought you were spying on me.

Jillbeans

I change my profile pic every once in awhile.
Sometimes it's a nude but nobody ever notices.
Love....Jill

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It seemed so..... so..... such a perfect job. I like to drink and this gave me a way to make money to afford my drinking and when the brush hits a surface.... it steadied out and I could still pull a line. So, I did what came easy and supported my drinking habit. Started a long time ago I might add. The drinking, not the painting. The first few years I sold my body and almost went broke the second day. It was a long time in between there til I found myself [like so many of us from the 60's], but I managed by selling paintings and then started to make signs..... how many 'Last Suppers' can you sell as originals until they figure out the scam ??

GINO.gif

Flame

Someone has wayyyy too much time on their hands. Honestly, I have my friends on here, but I learned about them BY TALKING TO THEM. I don't mind sharing stuff but I don't really want to post my life story to the world. Sorry, this makes the most pointless thread of the week.

ProWraps, when you were a 11 did you ever throw mud ad your sisters? Just wondering.... :corndog::corndog::corndog::corndog::corndog::corndog:

GypsyGraphics

Still trying to figure out who you are, was at the Apple store yesterday and I thought you were spying on me.
I was there... I ducked behind the genius bar when a guy walk in with a crown and spinning K on his chest... i thought that might be you!

Rick

I was there... I ducked behind the genius bar when a guy walk in with a crown and spinning K on his chest... i thought that might be you!

Ahhh, but I didn't have my kingy outfit on, probably should have, would have gotten better service... those Apple genius's... phoooey!

GypsyGraphics

I change my profile pic every once in awhile.
Sometimes it's a nude but nobody ever notices.
Love....Jill
Well if that's the case, I'll cross that idea off my list as a way to get people here to stop calling me "he."

And by the way... I noticed, but it was a "the emperor has no clothes" kinda thing, so I just didn't want to point and say "the empress is naked."