• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I've been to your profile page... and i must say, I'm very disappointed!

Tim Aucoin

Well, at least this thread has prompted me to update my profile and equipment list! It's one of those things you do and sort of forget about it. I need to take a look more often.

How the heck do you get the link on the right hand side to your life story?? I see a place to add libraries and memberships... but that's it... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

signgal

I think i'm a little offended... I'm not sure if it's because I don't think you visited my profile (iow: i wasn't interesting enough to click on) or that my super special profile customizations didn't impress you at all! LOL

I know what you mean. Our own stories seem so mundane but to others very interesting and a great way to connect. Maybe a less "list-y" about me is in order :)

Marlene

I went to your profile Teri! my first thought was, "hey, she has pinks on her page" well, I went in and changed my colors to puke purples and the font to the ever popular comic sans! my profile will blind anyone brave enough to go there!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I went to your profile Teri! my first thought was, "hey, she has pinks on her page" well, I went in and changed my colors to puke purples and the font to the ever popular comic sans! my profile will blind anyone brave enough to go there!

Me too. I went in and changed my stuff around and I like the new colors I chose. They blend so well.

I feel new, alive................... and fresh !!

GINO.gif ..... well, maybe not completely. :Oops:

Marlene

Me too. I went in and changed my stuff around and I like the new colors I chose. They blend so well.

I feel new, alive................... and fresh !!

OMG, I thought mine was horrid!!! I am totally blind Gino from looking at your profile!!! you are very green:biggrin:

GypsyGraphics

Gypsy, I just looked at your profile and found a list of equipment and under interest,

not to informative...I guess it beats my interests...cats, rats and birds

I just updated mine so it reads more like a personal ad

better?

Marlene... that's kinda my point, there isn't really a place there to give information in the "about me" section, so i made my own... with an Album titled About GG. Just gives some background, how I came to start my business, why I decided to go from just designing signage to wanting to be involved in the production and lastly why the name "GypsyGraphic" as it's not the real name of my company.

Last edited:

GypsyGraphics

I think i'm a little offended... I'm not sure if it's because I don't think you visited my profile (iow: i wasn't interesting enough to click on) or that my super special profile customizations didn't impress you at all! LOL

I know what you mean. Our own stories seem so mundane but to others very interesting and a great way to connect. Maybe a less "list-y" about me is in order :)

Signgal, i've been to your page, i know what kind of equipment you have and that you have some cool interest! But, what i would like to be able to read is about your how you came to join this forum or get into the sign business or your areas of specialty.

Just as Malkin mentioned, what you might write as a new member in a welcome post.

GypsyGraphics

Gino, Gino, Gino..... :doh:

Well, at least now I know you like green... and if you post anything about color... to ignore you!

Now you got me curious... gonna go read about the real Gino in NHB... and it better be worth the trip, i get frustrated trying to find that section.

Last edited:

Mason

I am having a mental image of Mason straddling a toilet, one leg on the toilet lid, the other on the counter, arms extended against the wall, scrawling out "MASON WAS HERE" with a crayon, attempting to bear down, he then slips, falling, only to have his heels hit the back of his head while being covered in his own effluence.

He then gets up and try's again.

I am wondering, why not do it in a bowl, then dump it in, then put the bowl away.

Is he wearing the same green chonies as Old Paint does in your mental image?
And people think Im sick...

Marlene

Marlene... that's kinda my point, there isn't really a place there to give information in the "about me" section, so i made my own... with an Album titled About GG.

well I totally missed that! very good idea Teri. I just learned how to change the colors on my page so once I figure out the album I think I'll do something like that for anyone interested.

GypsyGraphics

Marlene, Teri.... I am interested and hope you write a little background about yourselves!

Although, i must admit... i find the profile pages with funky background and wacked-out colors distracting... when i'm just looking for the low-down on someone. Find it to be like trying to read a poorly designed sign... makes my brain have to work too hard to get the facts.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Alright, I changed it around a little. I was getting radiation burns while working on it this time.

Is this any better ??

GypsyGraphics

Anyone else notice the only ones interested in their profiles are female?

hmmmmm :rolleyes:

Actually, everyone's story i've read so far has been a guys, but they don't have them in posted in there profile. Because it interesting stuff, I suggested they post it... which is how this thread started.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Actually, everyone's story i've read so far has been a guys, but they don't have them in posted in there profile. Because it interesting stuff, I suggested they post it... which is how this thread started.

Guys do it a different way... they hang out in packs (or on a forum) and have a pissing contest. It's always, "Well I have been doing this since (add #of years, round it off to the highest number then add 5 years)" and then add some embellished story to that.

The only guy I can vouch for is Si Allen, when I was a kid, that guy was using a dinosaur bone with yak fur tied to the end of it, and that brush was old!

Oh we do it! I know I have been doing it for 75 years, you know there was this time when I was...

Jillbeans

I knew what the upper decker was because years ago one of my son's friends did it at work the day he got fired.
I know all kinds of bad terms from my son, he collects them.
Off to peek at profiles, which I don't like to do because I don't want people knowing I checked them out.
hahaha

signgal

I knew what the upper decker was because years ago one of my son's friends did it at work the day he got fired.
I know all kinds of bad terms from my son, he collects them.
Off to peek at profiles, which I don't like to do because I don't want people knowing I checked them out.
hahaha

*points at you and squeals* YOU checked me out! I knew it!!!!