• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just an observation...

jwlllpl

I have not noticed a difference but then again my tag does not show my name - yes, I am a woman. I feel I get quick and concise information when I have a question or issue. I have noticed often times what starts as a friendly chuckle end ups being a not so friendly bashing on some threads.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Stacey, in fairness to the other members, we have to start insulting you at least 50% of the time.
That is assuming that you are actually Stacey and not Tex's friendly alter ego.
Busted!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 165

Johnny Best

Stacey, I hope your boyfriend put on some pants while he cut those trees and held off drinking beer while handling a chainsaw.

Reveal1

To rest this theory, I tried to change my screen name to reflect my decision to self-identify as a female , but S101 only allows 1 lifetime change.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
According to what transgender card I'm waving around at the moment, it will hopefully yield good answers for me.

Give me an A-men............... Hahahaaaaaaa another play on words.​

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I used my wife's Facebook (I don't use Facebook) login to auto sign-in for several political sites and didn't realize I would show up as Sally until it was too late to change. Makes for some funny replies and keeps me from going political here where we only talk about serious sign stuff.

ikarasu

I've seen a few females get torn into on here. It doesn't matter male or female... Generally if you ask an absurd question or don't belong here... Most members won't be afraid to point that out. It may be said in a bit of a more polite way, but they still get told the same thing.

Equal rights is fine and dandy. But males and females are still different. I still hold the door open for my wife, I tone down my language in front of her, I would never talk to her the way I talk to some of my friends, etc.

I remember one time at the store I held the door open for my wife and some loud mouth came over saying that I shouldn't do that because it's demeaning her and a woman is perfectly capable of holding a door open for herself... I turned it around and said if I had a bf I'd be holding the door open for him as well, so shed the problem and she's being a Misandrist :cool:

Sometimes people go too far, but I don't think S101 has anything to worry about

jimbug72

There was a girl that posted about buying a sign shop awhile back and got it pretty good from everyone.

I stand corrected. I do remember seeing that thread, now that you mention it. I don't think it was the post Johnny referenced, unless a lot was removed, but I recall a lady coming in rather aloof and then getting hammered pretty deep into the ground for it, but she pretty much deserved it.

So I take it back, I guess we actually are a collection of equal opportunity a-holes.

I turned it around and said if I had a bf I'd be holding the door open for him as well, so shed the problem and she's being a Misandrist :cool:
Frikkin epic. I salute you!

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I used my wife's Facebook (I don't use Facebook) login to auto sign-in for several political sites and didn't realize I would show up as Sally until it was too late to change. Makes for some funny replies and keeps me from going political here where we only talk about serious sign stuff.
Now I will always think of you as Sally! you should change your sub title from Major Contributor to Sally. :D

jeffdpia

Digital Print Orchestrator
Knight in shining armor syndrome is all to evident. Please try to help all people on this site with their questions and not presume to know their knowledge base, background, sex or immediate predicament. This site is invaluable as the subscribers/volunteers have incalculable years of experience to share. Sharing freely and without hesitation is Signs101!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Now I will always think of you as Sally! you should change your sub title from Major Contributor to Sally. :D
Sally is a little more caustic with political posts so I'd rather not have it linked back here, ruining my sterling sign-guy 101 image.......