• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just stops printing and states Not Connected in VersaWorks

shadi75

owner
I had this problem for few years , it comes and goes and every time i did something that made me think i fixed the problem, but it comes back after a while. After reading this thread i realized the printer is too cold. The problems always happens in the winter and my shop area is cold. So far for two month i haven't had this problem for my vp-300 every time i warm up the room to 70 degree and i have the printer turned on and ready to print with the media in it for at least half an hour.

Before you try anything make sure work area is not too cold.

mleg1972

This problem is the Achilles heel of the VP. You can Google Mac Media. They can repair the board for$200

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Riethian

This is a common issue. The problem is ethernet connection chip on the board. You need to find a tech guy who can repair boards and replace a new Realtek ethernet chip. It costs around 200-300 USD.

klingsdesigns

So people are thinking its the mother board or the ethernet on the board? We just printed last friday and it did it 3 times to me re ripped file in signlab to versaworks and it printed fine the 4th time. Temp was around 69 degrees. Moved to a new shop over the weekend. 65 in the shop. Printed fine earlier today. Then was cutting some vinyl, then tried printed again. File failed first time, re ripped through signlab to versaworks and printed fine. I hope i dont have a boarding starting to fail. Have a huge box truck wrap coming up i have to print.

klingsdesigns

So the re ripping didnt work today. Turned off all power saving options, changed cord didnt help. Changed ip and gateway or subnet one was all 0's. Been printing good so far we shall see how the rest of the day goes. If not might try the heater trick. Otherwise swapping mainboard. How easy is it to do that? I swapped heads before and that was fairly easy.

Itsacustomised

similar problem with my vp540

I had a similar problem when i purchased my vp 6 years back, i noticed that sudden disconnection within versaworks when i was running jobs.

the problem was solved when we changed the ip range from the usual 192. etc etc it gets assigned with by the tech, down to 1.0.0.1, i first when into control panel on the pc, found the network card and took it off automatic and assigned the new ip address parameter, (just please check with your techs for the remainder of the settings)

then i went to the printer and changed its ip address too to fall within the range above eg: 1.0.0.3

Then re started versaworks and added the printer, problem was solved.

Funny enough i encountered another similar problem with my vp (the disconnection issue), (here in SA, we have very cold evenings and mornings during winter, temps around 5 degrees and lower), suddenly one day when we started using our vp for the first time in the winter months it suddenly disconnected, we couldn't get it to run more than 30%, we figured that as they day warmed up the problem stopped.

It went on for 3 days, then upon searching online for anyone else having a similar problem, we found a bloke from the UK was having similar issues, we deduced that the mother board was too cold and placed a small heater below the mother board area just to take the chill off and alas the problem stopped (we didnt hesitate to try and soon found that same solution also worked for us) till today Roland couldnt give me an explanation regarding the temp issue but yeah every winter it would fail until we warmed up the board.

so in conclusion it could be something with having its own dedicated ip range between a network card and printer, or something to do with temperature as someone else mentioned earlier in the thread.

But anyway good luck and keep updating us.
Post in thread 'Network chip Roland VP540'
https://www.signs101.com/threads/network-chip-roland-vp540.162083/post-1618812