• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ladder or scaffold?

tomence

Ok guys what do you use when installing vinyl signs to a semi trailers
now i am using ladder but i think scaffold would be better idea right.
I want to see what you guys use and if you use scaffold what height is the best to get like 6' or 8'

tomence

hey g-artist can that aluminum board and those two ladders hold two people at once maybe let say around 450 pounds all together.
And also whats the cheapest place to get them

iSign

hey g-artist can that aluminum board and those two ladders hold two people at once maybe let say around 450 pounds all together.
And also whats the cheapest place to get them
hell yeah!!

cheap? ... well I got mine at a pawn shop for $150 which is a steal... but you might have to pay 2 or 3 times that amount for a good one.. I got two at garage sales before also 7 ended up selling them..

tomence

This is gonna be used only for small jobs like 2'x6 or 2'x8 the most will be 3'x8" so i am looking for something that can fit in my van or on top of it i know i should use scaffold but to heavy and big. I am leaning towards the little giant for a frame ladder since i can do this installs by my self and dont have to carry heavy equipment. Also found at lowes they carry Werner brand a frame ladder just like the little giant for like $98 which is a lot cheaper and maybe better quality. I see lot of ppl like the werner brand so i will check them out.

American & Proud

Go on over to Menards in Bridgeview on Harlem, they have a few on display. There is one that is there that should fit your needs and keep you Safe.

iSign

just used my Werner little giant copies last weekend... I have 2 of them, so can set my plank up higher, without having to take apart the one ladder to make two. I have a 16' aluminum plank too... but a 10 foot 2x12 was enough for this job...

werner.jpg

tomence

Hey iSign that is good pic i was gonna ask you is werner 13' enough thats what i am thinking to get maybe i will get two of them and use a plank. Also for the plank is that werner brand

tomence

American & Proud i will check menards and see what they have. I heard lowes has pretty good prices on werner ladders will check them too.

iSign

I'd get the 17.. you will always have a job where you will need more height... but with the 13 you will have more of those jobs... and I would get two. My planks in the pic are just wood, but my 16 footer is a werner plank

tomence

i just checked the price for 17' man its way to much. 22' is chepaer than the 17. I am not able to spend that much money for now but i can get me two 13's and and a plank and still be cheaper than the 17
I will do some shopping tomorrow. Man its 4am got to go to get some sleep coz my little one will wake me up at 9am probably.LOL

iSign

yeah, that looks like a good price. That is like the Perry ones I almost bought at the pawn shop also.. they are right across the street & get lots of good deals....

iSign

yep, those are awesome.. got two of those... if you ever have to travel a long way from the parking lot, with a ladder, a few signs & a box of drills & hardware... those things are awesome for making the trip, even if you don't need to stand on it when you get there

American & Proud

yep, those are awesome.. got two of those... if you ever have to travel a long way from the parking lot, with a ladder, a few signs & a box of drills & hardware... those things are awesome for making the trip, even if you don't need to stand on it when you get there

Yep, and exactly how they Market them too. I bought my mini setup several years ago after buying the house and wonder why I did not buy them 20 years ago the day I bought the house. lol

Folding Mini Scaffolding
A very convenient multipurpose folding scaffolding which folds to only 4´ wide for easy storage. Features 2 adjustable height steel deck boards with nonslip finish. The durable powder-coated paint finish steel frame has 4" swivel locking wheels. May function as shelving for storage area when not used as scaffolding. Can also be used as a platform cart to transport tools or boxes. Assembled size: 4´ L. x 4´ H. x 2´ W. Working load capacity is 250 lb. each platform.