• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ladder or scaffold?

Craig Sjoquist

SCAFFOLDS for most anything over my double sided 4 ft ladders ... alot safer

I built my own 8 ft tall sections 25 yrs ago.. they worked so well built 12 .. most where taken by landlords and developers now have 4 left
so I had to buy used from scaffolds places alot cheaper

get wheels and adjustable legs and a long plank have a 12 ft - 16 ft -20 ft here

for long trailers park them side by side do 2 sides at once with scaffold between them

tomence

Man i really dont know what to get but i am going out now to check some ladders from werner and check some scaffolds and see how they look and how they brake down. As long as whatever i buy fits into my van i will be ok. The scaffold that American & Proud showed me looks pretty nice for that price and it is 6' which is perfect size.

iSign

Man i really dont know what to get but i am going out now to check some ladders from werner and check some scaffolds and see how they look and how they brake down. As long as whatever i buy fits into my van i will be ok. The scaffold that American & Proud showed me looks pretty nice for that price and it is 6' which is perfect size.
and it's stackable if you need to buy another section later for a higher job :thumb:

tomence

yeah i am looking into it i just hope to find something like that local so i can pick it up. I am goin out in few minutes to hit homedepot, menards, lowes, sears, ace whatever i can find in my area.

phototec

Scaffolding is the only way to go!

Scaffolding is the only way to go, can you imagine hauling two ladders, 8-10' work plank, materials, tools, etc across a parking lot, how many trip would it take?

I have the yellow scaffold I purchased at Harbor Freight Tools, and it works great! When you break it down, it's in 5 pieces that are managed well by myself and fits in the the bed of my Dodge Dakota easily.

Take it out of the truck bed (or van), set it up load all materials, supplies, tools etc. onto the work platform, which is wider than the typical wood or aluminum plank used between two ladders, and one person can roll the scaffolding loaded with everything to the job location in one trip!

I also have the Werner aluminum adjustable work plank, 8'-12', which I used to use between two ladders, purchased it at Lowe's years ago for $200, after using both methods, I much rather use the scaffolding for platform height up to 71". I use the Werner aluminum adjustable work plank between two ladders on higher jobs, however I don't like hauling the two ladders and the work-plank, so I use the rolling scaffolding as an equipment cart to move everything in one trip.

BTW: Attached is a copy of the current sale coupon for Harbor Freight, the yellow scaffolding is on sale for $179.99, $70 off with the coupon. The sale is good through 3/25/2010.

I hope this helps you make your decision and everything works out for you!

If anyone is seriously interested and the low resolution coupon will not print out good enough, PM me with you personal email, and I will send you I high resolution image of the coupon.

Attachments

• Scaffold Coupon $179.jpg
    Scaffold Coupon $179.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 164
  • aluminum-planks-stages-aluminum-extension-plank.jpg
    aluminum-planks-stages-aluminum-extension-plank.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 106

iSign

yeah i am looking into it i just hope to find something like that local so i can pick it up. I am goin out in few minutes to hit homedepot, menards, lowes, sears, ace whatever i can find in my area.

hit the pawn shops dude!! Do you realize how many contractors have been out of work lately... lot of guys were tooled up for the boom & have moved on to other careers.. hit craigslist too

iSign

cook county Illinois? that's where I'm from (Hoffman Estates)

Craigslist is full of stuff in your area... check this ad same scaffold... looks like it was never opened - $100 The ad is 3 days old, so it's probably sold by now, but just go here & look at some ads & make some calls... Craigslist rocks!

Last edited:

jscarl

hit the pawn shops dude!! Do you realize how many contractors have been out of work lately... lot of guys were tooled up for the boom & have moved on to other careers.. hit craigslist too

:goodpost: You keep talking cost, so check out what he said.

tomence

iSign you my neigbor man. I am in Wilowbrook now DuPage Co cigarettes are cheaper here thats why i moved LOL. So i will check some pawn shops around and craigslist really works.

GypsyGraphics

Here's what i bought recently off Craig's List, paid way less than what's listed and it looks like it was never used.

Doesn't have a huge weight capacity, probably because all but the out riggers are aluminum. But it's light weight enough for me to load up myself and fits in the back of my truck.

Love the trap doors, so I don't have to climb on the outside and if i need length, instead of height, can set up three sections, end to end and get 18 ft.

GGs_junglegym.jpg

G-Artist

hey g-artist can that aluminum board and those two ladders hold two people at once maybe let say around 450 pounds all together.
And also whats the cheapest place to get them

That board would hold my Ford F-150 pickup, I presume (even if it isn't rated for that).

I have a local company that is a distributor for LG and even beats LG's "show specials" with their every-day pricing. I have all the LG attachments except for a few of the minor newer ones. I've had them for years and no complaints in quality nor safety.

One thing any shop has to consider when making a purchase is just how much equipment they can afford plus STORE!!! LG covers all my needs. When I fail there, I call my electrician and tell him to meet me with his bucket truck.

I made my purchases long before all the competitors had such offerings so if they are quality and cheaper, buy them.

American & Proud

cook county Illinois? that's where I'm from (Hoffman Estates)

Craigslist is full of stuff in your area... check this ad same scaffold... looks like it was never opened - $100 The ad is 3 days old, so it's probably sold by now, but just go here & look at some ads & make some calls... Craigslist rocks!

I just emailed the guy with the $100.00 ones, we'll see if I get a reply.

They look New and if it's 100.00 for Both thats a smokin deal.

phototec

I just emailed the guy with the $100.00 ones, we'll see if I get a reply.

They look New and if it's 100.00 for Both thats a smokin deal.

The add reads both for $100, a truely SOMKIN deal, such a good deal it should be long gone, if not you should jump on it like stink on s__t, if you know what I mean!

Good luck!

tomence

if he emails me good if not i found the yellow scaffold at menards for $174 that is pretty good deal for new one, i checked harbor freight tools they have the same one at $249 and havent been to lowes yet but i dont think i have to go there coz i am set at the scaffold from menards.
I heard horror stories about the Little Giant ladders i dont know but some ppl dont like coz they shake a lot i dont know it just from what i hear. i checked werner ladder 17" its $200 so i would better get the scaffold. Now the only thing is i have to trade my van for a pickup, coz that scaffold weights at 140pounds.

American & Proud

i emailed him too so waiting for reply
now the only thing whos gonna get their first hahahah

Hey I only emailed him because at your last post at about 2:45 you said you were gonna go lookin at pawn shops and keep looking.

I thought heck if you arent gonna nab these I would.
At that price for both it was a no brainer to Jump on them ASAP.

I'll bow out and let you take them. I wasn't trying to grab them from under you.

I'd resell the mini one if I got them because I already have it.

Good luck hopefully they are still available.