• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LED Display Signs

lenwardus

If not nations protect animations or sea foods, we can eat here in China. China has less laws on banning eating animals or seafood, river/lake food.Not very human. But,this is culture here. don't know it is right or wrong...:Oops:

That's true there is a saying in guangdong hua. The only thing they won' t eat with four legs is the table and chairs.

visual800

Ill be the first to let you know I despise LED! They are distracting and they ruin a good sign. BUT I difress. So cheap LED, so to canda and get approved and then for sale in US....damn that sounds complicated

dlcled

Yes, People from Guangdong Province eat everything!!! They eat can't and mouse which are not accepted by northern Chinese people,like me. I feel that's disgusting.

Seems that you know a lot about China... used to live in China or ...?

That's true there is a saying in guangdong hua. The only thing they won' t eat with four legs is the table and chairs.

lenwardus

Very important when doing business with Chinese to meet face to face.
Develop guanxi is important.

Must know culture and spend time to entertain laoban at KTV with
xiaojie and :bushmill:to get good deal.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
With all due respect…. just because something is too expensive to do on your end….. how do you expect someone to install an illegal device ??
We have laws, rules, codes and standards to upkeep over here. If you can’t produce it properly, how is it you feel we can side step our local authorities ??

Where’s the Beef ?? Where’s the U/L codes ??

I can build something all day long and use U/L parts, but it must also be made by licensed electricians using our codes in this country or we can’t use it. Plain & Simple. Something might be fine for China, but we have completely different standards here.

From pet food to toys, lipstick, food and more… your stuff is banned from being used in our country and many other countries worldwide because of either your ignorance or just defying our laws to make a buck at our expense. We’re not allowed to cut corners, why should you be allowed and then tell us, it’s too expensive, so you let that step out and don’t tell us until we ask ?? That sound fair to you ??

Remember this guy ?? Zheng Xiaoyu. Do you know what happened to him ??

Kindness and acting dumb will not earn you a dime in this trade, let alone this country if you intend to knowingly break the laws of our land.

Having tech support and speedy replacement parts and all the mumbo-jumbo you want, will not solve the problem of handing us unusable products.

So, again, with all due respect, please re-think your position on trying to sell to unknowing US citizens trying to make a living such a product that can’t be used in the first place. Maybe there’s a reason theirs cost more and you just decided to let that part of the conversation out.

Sorry if I ruffled a fellow Merchant Members feathers or hairy crab legs, but this is still…. Bottom line about how your product fits into the scheme of things and not your appetite,,,, which…. didn’t someone say they were also illegal in our country ??

dlcled

It's true and very common phenomenon here,especially to do domestic business. Without a good "economic" guanxi, big business is hard to make. This is more striking when dealing with government. For small companies likes us hardly have a chance to make deals with larger business or government. That's why there are so many small companies strive to sell their products to other countries. Unfortunately, those "guanxi-oriented" thoughts stays in Laoban's mind and trying to do that way when doing business with foreigners. That won't work well if their customers are "quality first" men.

Very important when doing business with Chinese to meet face to face.
Develop guanxi is important.

Must know culture and spend time to entertain laoban at KTV with
xiaojie and :bushmill:to get good deal.

lenwardus

It's true and very common phenomenon here,especially to do domestic business. Without a good "economic" guanxi, big business is hard to make. This is more striking when dealing with government. For small companies likes us hardly have a chance to make deals with larger business or government. That's why there are so many small companies strive to sell their products to other countries. Unfortunately, those "guanxi-oriented" thoughts stays in Laoban's mind and trying to do that way when doing business with foreigners. That won't work well if their customers are "quality first" men.

Here in US for government "red envelope first".

There is a saying here "good enough for Government work"

Chinese products generally fall into that category.

lenwardus

Sorry if I ruffled a fellow Merchant Members feathers or hairy crab legs, but this is still…. Bottom line about how your product fits into the scheme of things and not your appetite,,,, which…. didn’t someone say they were also illegal in our country ??​
The hairy crab is not illegal in China. They migrate in the fall out of fresh water and eat crops. So they were banned in the US as an invasive species. There are some in SF bay, but that's about it here in US.

As far as the quality of Chinese made products and support. Well they used to be real cheap before the appreciation of the yuan. Now its different, not really such a good deal.

If an electronic sign burns down a customer's building, you better leave town.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
don't you love being ignored Gino?.....:wink:

:wavingflag:

Not really being ignored. I wish more people would ignore me, so I could get things done. What is disheartening is this person is starting to appear as if he/she is hiding something by not answering specific questions.

I don't particularly like tearing into a Merchant Member, but I also don't like someone who won't answer direct questions and keeps darting all around to avoid the truth.
So................ let's try this again :rolleyes:
  • Are your units fabricated and fully assembled in China ??
  • What port can you get NON-U/L approved and stamped units into this country ??
  • Do these units enter our country in pieces and assembled here ??
  • At any time, do these units when finished have a U/L stamp on them before leaving your hands from your company ??
  • Are your items ISO9001 required ??
  • Do your items meet the guidelines of ISO9001 ??
And don't talk about crabs, looking someone in the eye or some informal way of doing business. Please keep on track with the U/L questions. It's the only thing which will do you any good. Otherwise, you are selling illegal items and I don't think anyone would want to be party to such dealings.... at any cost.

dlcled

Hi Gino,

Sorry for ignoring you and didn't answer your question directly. To be frank, I don't how to answer it. At first time, I read your post, I don't quite understand and left it away for several hours. And then I got my translator to help me to translate so that I can understand better. I didn't know where I should start to answer. I wasn't trying to hide something from telling truth. Everything you want to ask, ask. As long as I understand(by my English level), I can reply fast. I know American market has a strict requirement on LED Signs, but not really fully know it. We are a smally company established for several years, just hiring several salesman to explore a certain market without knowing it is blind, like what we are doing now. Sorry for it.

You posted your questions again now in a very clear way, I am clear and and I answer as follows:

1. Are your units fabricated and fully assembled in China ??
yes, completely.
2. What port can you get NON-U/L approved and stamped units into this country ??
We used to ship to Tampa and Minneapolis port. One customer is a sign company and sell to their customer and other is a real estate company who wants to replace their sign to LED Sign.
3. Do these units enter our country in pieces and assembled here ??
In fully finished unit.Plug in power, connect communication and install software on their computer, they can run it. Some customers also asked for disassembled units, but we haven't reach a deal yet.
4. At any time, do these units when finished have a U/L stamp on them before leaving your hands from your company ??
There is only power supply, switch and other components with UL stamp. I am not sure if our customer have capacity to redo them in their plant so as to comply with UL standard as I didn't ask them.
5. Are your items ISO9001 required ??
Our customer didn't mention this. And we haven't do this ISO system test yet.
6. Do your items meet the guidelines of ISO9001 ??
Honestly, I don't know. Because we haven't study ISO9001 guidelines yet.

If any places I answered wrong, please correct me.

We are not trying to sell illegally. We are not a cheat company. Everything we do will be under law. If we can't do it legally, we find ways or places where is legal. We are not taking risk.

Sorry about telling crabs and thanks for your suggestion!

We are working hard to make improvement on our business. It's true that Chinese made staff are with a little bit low standard especially small companies like us. But at least, we are trying to survive and grow.

Thanks again for your kindness giving me a chance to say.

Not really being ignored. I wish more people would ignore me, so I could get things done. What is disheartening is this person is starting to appear as if he/she is hiding something by not answering specific questions.

I don't particularly like tearing into a Merchant Member, but I also don't like someone who won't answer direct questions and keeps darting all around to avoid the truth.
So................ let's try this again :rolleyes:
  • Are your units fabricated and fully assembled in China ??
  • What port can you get NON-U/L approved and stamped units into this country ??
  • Do these units enter our country in pieces and assembled here ??
  • At any time, do these units when finished have a U/L stamp on them before leaving your hands from your company ??
  • Are your items ISO9001 required ??
  • Do your items meet the guidelines of ISO9001 ??
And don't talk about crabs, looking someone in the eye or some informal way of doing business. Please keep on track with the U/L questions. It's the only thing which will do you any good. Otherwise, you are selling illegal items and I don't think anyone would want to be party to such dealings.... at any cost.

SD&F

I had to jump through hoops to get our LED's UL certifed. You can't sell here and not have them certified. It will come up and you will have to take it down...it's useless

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't understand how you can get an UN-U/L Approved stamped electronic board past out ports without bypassing someone or something ?? They must be proven they are indeed built U/L or they will be turned away. However, if you are not bringing them in 100% legal and not disclosing something to the authorities, then perhaps you could get them through. Simply saying the power unit is U/L is only partially part of the whole equation. Leaving certain pertinent facts out as to what indeed is coming through customs, is wrong on your end.

So, you're telling us that you don't send parts which need to be assembled in this country at all ??

dlcled

Hi Gino,

I think I learning a lot from you guys. First of all, I didn't know it is illegal selling non-UL approved displays. I knew before that some customers completely require UL approved displays, those customers gave us up. But some customers only ask if we have UL on our supplies or at least power supplies are UL listed. I thought as some people don't require UL, we may at least partially explore this market. Indeed, two of our customers who bought from us didn't require UL. We delivered the first shipment by sea to Minneapolis and didn't show any UL approval and the customer didn't say anything and they got through the customs. The second customer is the same. We shipped to Tampa Airport. We did the deal under C&F term, that means we are responsible to ship the goods to the ports that our customers dominate and our customers take over the rest of things. We didn't know how do they operate this matter. But, everything we do here in China are completely legal.

We of course can send parts when customers have the capacity to assemble. Unfortunately, those two customers are not very professional on LED Displays, they also lack of the technicians to assemble parts together. So,they bought the whole units. Honestly, we haven't sent disassembled parts to our customers yet because the assembling work will cost more compared to buying the finished unit.

So, about UL matter, I guess it may depend on if the customer can have the products UL stamped before they sell them.

I don't understand how you can get an UN-U/L Approved stamped electronic board past out ports without bypassing someone or something ?? They must be proven they are indeed built U/L or they will be turned away. However, if you are not bringing them in 100% legal and not disclosing something to the authorities, then perhaps you could get them through. Simply saying the power unit is U/L is only partially part of the whole equation. Leaving certain pertinent facts out as to what indeed is coming through customs, is wrong on your end.

So, you're telling us that you don't send parts which need to be assembled in this country at all ??