• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Let's Discuss Pickles...

HulkSmash

Good snap and crispness... mmmm.... can't be beat, but I don't like soggy ones. Same goes for relish... has to be good and fresh. However, I don't want relish on my french fries.

• Color.... do you like vinegar on your fries ??
  • How 'bout gravy ??
  • Cheese ??
  • Just plain ketchup ??

You guys are all disgusting. I rather eat dirt.

anyways..

on fries... mmmmmmm Ketchup, Gravy is good, cheese is good on everything.

signswi

Are you one of those typical Americans that only eats sweet, salty and umami? Sour and bitter shouldn't be ignored!

Is it the dill or the vinegar that you don't like? Or is it the cucumber?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sooooo..... how 'bout mushrooms ??

Whadaheh......... signs ?? We ain't talkin' sushi and baby monkey brains for crying out loud.........

xxaxx

Pickles are so foul ... and that juice is like a cancer to the rest of my food infecting it with pickle. If I get pickles on my burger or fries it goes straight in the trash, there is no saving it from that.

Billct2

Love pickles, all kinds, but especially half sours.
And lot's of other pickled stuff, except pigs feet.
And malt vinegar on fries!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Perfect side dish to grilled burgers, I make this every summer up at the cabin:

2 English hothouse cucumbers (1 1/2 pounds total), unpeeled, very thinly sliced
1 tablespoon coarse kosher salt
1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh dill
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Place cucumber slices in colander. Sprinkle with salt; toss to coat. Let stand 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, for dressing, stir vinegar, dill, sugar, and pepper in large bowl until sugar is dissolved.
Drain cucumbers well; pat dry. Add cucumbers to dressing and stir to blend. Refrigerate at least 15 minutes and up to 2 hours; serve cold.

:pops_blinking: What! No Garlic???

Gino

Premium Subscriber
This thread is really funny. :ROFLMAO:The way some of you talk... I've seen three year olds with better appetites and eating habits then you bunch of fussy sissies.

:munchie:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Sooooo..... how 'bout mushrooms ??

Whadaheh......... signs ?? We ain't talkin' sushi and baby monkey brains for crying out loud.........

Sorry but I draw the line at mushrooms. I can't get past the fact that they're fungi, are grown typically in cow patties and are often served unwashed. I used to drive home from work past a mushroom farm. You could smell it a mile away. :covereyes: :omg: :noway:

HulkSmash

This thread is really funny. :ROFLMAO:The way some of you talk... I've seen three year olds with better appetites and eating habits then you bunch of fussy sissies.

:munchie:

I'd say 80% of people hate pickles. The smell reminds me of dog urine

gabagoo

I used to like pickles until all you could buy in the stores in our area were pickles imported from overseas...We are on a "Buy Canadian" kick for as much of our food as possible.....

No Strubs brand out there? they make them in Dundas Ontario

btropical.com

SLice Pickle into 1/4 s dry on paper towel , then use Aunt Jemima pancake mix w/water batter then fry a little while about 2 or 3 mins $4 bux please

Use Mix for fried Oreos also cook till golden brown $1 apiece

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sorry but I draw the line at mushrooms. I can't get past the fact that they're fungi, are grown typically in cow patties and are often served unwashed. I used to drive home from work past a mushroom farm. You could smell it a mile away. :covereyes: :omg: :noway:

No, I'm the same way. I can't take fungus for some reason. I like mushroom soup, but not mushrooms. There are quite a few mushroom farms about 7 or 8 miles north of us and on a strong windy summery day.... you can smell that chit like no tomorrow. The company which grows and sells them is a very big customer of ours. We're doing a bunch of signs for them right now where they just set up places in China. We had to make all these Chinese signs and banners. Talk about spell-check.....:doh:

sar bossier

The VERY best ones are ... mine. Homemade, with cukes from the garden (hot/spicy bread n butter, and dill). Also, tomato/cucumber salad = sliced cukes, sliced tomatoes, GARLIC, green onion, cayenne, salt, pepper, jalepeno, balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar, mix and serve.

Tintman928

Hot pickles.......... get the big jar of sour pickles, and dump in 1 package of tropical punch kool aid, let sit for 2~3 days.......... thems some good pickles!!!!
Klaussen pickles have to be the best though!!