• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Let's Discuss Pickles...

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I'm from NY originally but down here in Texas now. Kind of on the same subject as pickles (kind of), what I really miss are the New England style hot dog buns. I have yet to find them down here. The amount of crust on a regular hot dog bun is completely unnecessary. So you north-easterners, enjoy your pickles and hot dogs on a nice toasted New England style bun and count your blessings.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Oh, and for you Texans, Central Market (and other places I'm sure) sells "Wickles"...a spicy pickle. They're greatness. I'm pretty positive they've been injected with some kind of an addictive substance.

Baz

Pickles are good ... except when deep fried!

Love me some mushrooms: Soup, stuffed, sauted, grilled ... You wusses are afraid of where it's grown? C'mon man ... What about where a pig lives! You guys wan't to start a debate on pork? To me it's all good! And i wish one of you will one day bring me to a place where they have a good tasting fried pickle. Judging by some of you there must be some good ones around.

Now fries with cheese and gravy ... That my friends is called Poutine. We are the land of poutine.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Okay Color.........

How 'bout some of the more refined delicacies ??

• Monkey Brains, as I mentioned earlier.
  • Balut (Fertilized duck egg) so tantalizing......
  • Escamoles which is nothing more than rare ant larva known as insect caviar.
  • Bum baddabummmmmm.............drum roll, please............ Rooster Testicles. boiled nonetheless.

Attachments

• monkeys-brain.jpg
    monkeys-brain.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 44
  • balut-300x225.jpg
    balut-300x225.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 60
  • escamoles.jpg
    escamoles.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 57
  • rooster-testicles.jpg
    rooster-testicles.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 42

Letterbox Mike

Pickles are the best thing on earth next to pickle juice. I can't wait to polish off a jar of dill pickles so I can guzzle the juice... OMGSOGOOD.

If you ever can find them, McClure's Pickles will blow your mind. They should be ranked up there with heroine or crack they're so addicting. Especially the spicy variety. They ain't cheap but manoman are they freaking good.

Kottwitz-Graphics

nothing like a nasty pickle land mine in the middle of my burger to make me want to kill somebody.

I hear ya. I order my burger with out pickles, and always check before leaving the place or driving off. If it happens to be on there, I just pick it off, and fling it back on the window... Yes, I'm an a$$-ole, but I want it the way that I order it. (Hey, my parents told me I could be anything I wanted to be when I grew up, so I decided to become an a$$-ole!)

HulkSmash

Pickles are the best thing on earth next to pickle juice. I can't wait to polish off a jar of dill pickles so I can guzzle the juice... OMGSOGOOD.

If you ever can find them, McClure's Pickles will blow your mind. They should be ranked up there with heroine or crack they're so addicting. Especially the spicy variety. They ain't cheap but manoman are they freaking good.

omfg. I just threw up

Jillbeans

My "other" nickname since childhood is Jill Pickles.
I love 'em.
Dill, big honkin' Koshers, sweet, bread & butter too.
Claussen are probably my fave.
Love....Jill

CES020

omfg. I just threw up

You could save that and put it on the tray next to your fries and it would be the same as pickle juice touching my stuff.

I'm with you Colorado. Who asked you to put a pickle leaning up against my sammich? Great, now I have to tear off the bun back to a non-pickle juice soaked section. Thanks for that.

Don't get me started on how nasty mustard is. It's one of those things I can't stand the smell of. If I get a burger and it has mustard on the wrapper from some slob making it, it goes right in the trash. I can't eat something with that nasty smell right there. Disgusting!

I've been waiting years for this thread :thank you:

I'd give this thread :corndog: :corndog: :corndog: but it's got mustard on it, so I can't give that to you in good faith :smile:

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Claussen pickles in the refrigerated section are the best. If you can get the garlic ones that's even better.
Pickles don't belong on burgers and suck when warm but are fine on the side served cold.

One of the local pizza shops in town throws a low budget pickle into the styrofoam container when getting take-out. Ruins the meal with the stench and hot pickle juice on everything...

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
used to go down to the Lucky's coawrner stuw here in Balmer, and buy 1 gallon jar of pickles... not the wussy 5-6 inch long ones you get in vlastic jar, real pickles... 10" and with a 2" diameter. Things were huge, and delicious.

Gonna go wash my mouth out with soap now... but damn those pickles were good