• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lettering for trucks and cars

DizzyMarkus

I must say as fairly new as I am -- some posts(after being around for awhile) are actually "wow". At first I thought it was a joke, pun or something I missed.

Its pretty simple to read the Fellers book descriptions of what you are buying -- if your Rep or Friend told you that (use 3164 for vehilces) get another. I for one can't believe some of you have tounges left lol

Markus

Do yourself a favor -- spend a night on youtube and another reading about materials and substrates-- then worry about doing anything.

Dennis422

Edna, here us another newbie. Yes, forums are for learning and asking questions, but you have to put some effort in it too.
I got my cutter few weeks ago, but before I got it, I already know which material is used for what, which supplies I need to buy, and so on.
Forums, YouTube, magazines, suppliers web sites, they all have useful info that is available for newbies lik us. It is on us to find it to to learn from it.

From my short life span in Vinyl world, I have learned that laminated 3651 is pretty nice when it comes to "stickers". And BTW, $300 for a roll of film is a bit much :)

HulkSmash

Edna, We know you're here to learn, and ask questions.. but you seriously need to do your own research. Selling jeep stickers and using the wrong material for decals on vehicles won't get you far. You don't even know what lamination is. I knew what that was when i was 7. Yes, this isn't rocket science, but you do need to understand what you're doing.

when you print on a water based intermediate vinyl, the ink saturates the vinyl and makes it more flimsy, you want to lam for easier install and better protection....also if you're installing have fun with the bubbles.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hey Edna......

Why do you use the term stickers and stay stubborn about using it, when you know it's wrong, like fingernails on a blackboard, but you call the material.... film ??

You tend to go back 'n forth on your jargon, but not your attitude.

Pop Machine, stickers guys, profit and others................... ?? Are you playing a game or just gonna remain like this ??

buckssigns

Sorry to intrude but I wondered if anyone here knows of a good Gourmet Chef forum; I need to know how to boil an egg – tonight!

Edna cannot be real – who have we annoyed recently?

Definitely a better class of troll – quite entertaining really :) Well done.

ORAFOL Americas

Merchant Member
Starting out in this business can be a little confusing. This chart comes from our Digital Inkjet Media Selection Guide. It shows which products to use for which jobs, along with the proper laminate to pair with each vinyl. You can get the entire printed guide including Quick Reference Guides from your distributor.

Happy printing!

Attachments

• center-chart-toshare.pdf
    538.7 KB · Views: 188

Edna

I no what laminate is, just didn't red think it was used for stuff like this. I thout it was for posters.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Edna, as long as you wanna write in code, you might as well forget about anyone giving you some honest advice.

You wanna help yourself ?? Start writing like an adult and using the decent posts to your advantage. OraCal themselves.... responded to you and what do you do ?? You dwell on the negative.

I like to invite you to take responsibility for yourself and start acting like a grownup.

You wanna stick around...... then you better start being careful, before you start something you can't finish. I'm sure many have been in touch with you, so you're not blind-sided by your actions for lack of knowledge of the rules in this place.

Edna

Well Excuse me. the only person in contact with me was about sell a printer and a salesmen trying to sell me oracal film. Sorry if I have brothed your little click! But I am hear to learn, and forgive me if your have a problem with it.

Sorry for the rant, but this girl don't take no crup from anybodie!!!!!

LittleSnakey

Its not that you really need the uv protection of laminate on the dirt cars cause they usually do get done at least once a year. But you do need the laminate to protect from chemical spills such as gas because that will wash the ink off.
Also the laminate will help you on the install because the vinyl wont be as soft and mushy as without.

Marlene

good grief. #1, if you really are a business, learn to spell and get a basic working idea of the differences between "no" and "know". #2 learn the basic terms for what it is you think you do. you do not make stickers, you make decals. #3 learn what materials are used for the job you are selling. there is no excuse for your lack of any knowledge of the business you claim to be in. #4 do not decide for your customers that they will only be keeping their trucks for 4 years so that gives you the right to apply a substand material to it.

HulkSmash

Well Excuse me. the only person in contact with me was about sell a printer and a salesmen trying to sell me oracal film. Sorry if I have brothed your little click! But I am hear to learn, and forgive me if your have a problem with it.

Sorry for the rant, but this girl don't take no crup from anybodie!!!!!

lol?

Edna

I just do this for extra cash, my husband has a good job at the Nuclear plant. Why all the negative energy?

I gess laminating race cars makes sense, but I am sure the other ones we got did not have anything ontop of them. I am looking online, what about this spray on stuff?

Marlene

but this girl don't take no crup from anybodie

we will be sure not to give you any crup and it is crap, say it with me c r a p...crap. it is anybody say that with me a n y b o d y there is no such thing as a bodie so there can not be any of them to be anybody get it? 'cause this gihirl nno likie people who can;t form a simple thougth