• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LIMAC from China

2B

@ Artbot
Thanks for taking the time to do an in-depth review! Will be interesting to see what your "perfect" machine will have and how it performs to your standards.

speculation and hear say means nothing when compared to a real word review

artbot

we are using it right now. knocking out pvc prints, doing 3-d carving, aluminum. what will come in the future is an opinion of how it handled a double shift day of constant cutting.

other things:

we are really liking the cold air over the cutting fluid set up. never going back to cutting fluid.

we did shim up the head to get it perfectly plum. that required some new holes to be drilled for aligning. and it was off by a few thousandths. i'd assume if you work your way up the limac model line each machine gets increasingly more and more hyper accurately calibrated (and adjustable). for the time it took to fine tune the head's position, i don' think that warrants the added $30k cost to any chinese or american builder. just buy the low to middle end and tweak the last bits of performance out of it yourself.

2B

based how interactive/willing to communicate LIMAC is I am interested in seeing if they modify their design/construction/program once you have put the machine through its limits and documented what works / doesn't work and the modifications you make

artbot

one modification that we don't have but the new machines do have is the table/gantry leg max width is now 62 (approx). our's is 60.5 causing a piece of 5x10 mdf to need to be trimmed to under 60.5 (stock 5x10 mdf is actually 121x61).

all in all it's a serious consideration to pause before spending double for a local piece of equipment. i don't think of the limac as a "chinese" machine. there's japanese parts, italian parts, maybe german? it's no different than an "american" machine in that it's made of foreign/globally purchased components.

i do think that limac is facing and quickly handling the language issue well. our first manuals were difficult to open, bad english translation. i just received a 92 page extremely detailed owners manual discussing keypad commands, install, etc. it looked like hundreds of hours of work. all for a somewhat non-existant english clientele. that tells me they are thinking ahead, and investing the time as soon as they see a bottle neck in the system. i can send the manual (4.5mb) to anyone that would like to get a closer, more technical, look at the way the machine is operated. just pm me (i attempted to attach it to the s101 site, but the upload fails).

OADesign

we are using it right now. knocking out pvc prints, doing 3-d carving, aluminum. what will come in the future is an opinion of how it handled a double shift day of constant cutting.

other things:

we are really liking the cold air over the cutting fluid set up. never going back to cutting fluid.

we did shim up the head to get it perfectly plum. that required some new holes to be drilled for aligning. and it was off by a few thousandths. i'd assume if you work your way up the limac model line each machine gets increasingly more and more hyper accurately calibrated (and adjustable). for the time it took to fine tune the head's position, i don' think that warrants the added $30k cost to any chinese or american builder. just buy the low to middle end and tweak the last bits of performance out of it yourself.

Got time to post some pics or video clip of the machine in action?

artbot

that can happen in a bit. we are slammed down there (90 miles from home) with getting all this set up before a huge wave orders come in and there's not a spare second.

limacchina

LIMAC philosophy

LIMAC
A Reputation of Quality Manufacturing and Outstanding Customer Support

LIMAC routers are constructed from the highest quality components from many suppliers throughout the world and assembeled in our state of the art manufacturing facility in Tianjin China, home to Boeing..Airbus..and Caterpillar Asia facilities.

All LIMAC routers are made of heavy-duty industrial steel pipes stress-relieved after welding. Machine frame is milled on cnc machine for levelling of the table.

We produce superior products with foreign components and assemble by qualified personnel to allow our customers substantial savings.
As you may well be aware the cost to produce a machine equal to ours in other markets would be two or three times as expensive.

Support is a key factor in our success in global sales and distribution. Our team offers unparalled support for each and every machine we produce. Through the use of the internet we are able to offer simple and easy communications, no matter what country or time zone of the customer.

Bly

Thanks for the feedback Artbot.

I'm sure lots of people are interested in your opinions of these machines.

Joe Crumley

Arbot,

I agree with Bly in appreciation for your postings. I know they take time and many of us are waiting for the analysis.

Thank You!

Joe Crumley

Last edited by a moderator: