• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LIMAC from China

Bly

you are coming off a bit harsh discussing a machine that you don't have any experience with. i'm about to get my limac powered up after the holidays are FINALLY OVER. we can all get a much better idea of what performance these machines can put out. and thankfully my operator has years of experience running a 5x10 multicam 3000 series. so we can get a fairly good apples to apples comparison.

Best of luck Artbot. You sound pretty handy so may get the thing running alright.

After finally contacting the local dealer by email I received this information.
If a deal sounds far too good to be true - it usually is.

You can certainly buy direct at that price but keep in mind the following then compare the price.

1. Limac dont produce good packaging like most chinese so you need to bring it down in a full container not LCL. So allow 4K for the container and duties.

2. Limac supply a Chinese made vacuum pump barely adequate. We purchased one once and it failed 4 months later. The cost to repair it was 3K. So allocate to spend at least 6K-9K during the time you have the machine. The pump we supply our customers has an excellent vacuum profile and will hold the smallest of pieces securely so they don't go flying off the table removing a staff members teeth. Marys pump cost 1.2K. We buy our pumps from a local supplier and they cost 10K and come with a 2 year warranty. Its a 1 time buy and the difference is chalk and cheese.

3. Limac solder lots of bits of wiring together to put the machines electrics together as do most chinese to save costs. We have the machine modified to make sure the wiring complies with Australian Standards, If you didn't do this and you suffered a fire in the electrics I promise you that your insurance company would not pay out. You must be compliant. Additional to this if your workers or even yourself suffered an electrical shock the legal consequences as well as the health for you guys guys would be a big event. Purchasing from us removes that fear. Allocate 2K to make your purchase compliant.

4. I have been purchasing from Limac for about 4 years. Before every machine is shipped I personally fly to the factory to inspect the machine. You must do this as they just cannot be trusted to ship what you think you are getting. In low season allocate 3K and for 4K in high season for the trip.

5. On every occasion we have tried to make a warranty claim its been almost impossible. Mary is the ONLY English speaking person in the company so you have no where else to go to argue your case. We buy the machines accepting this and accept that we purchase without warranty. We we cover the warranty in house ourselves. Be prepared for this.

6. If you have a part fail Mary will not do anything until you have sent the part back to them for inspection. The in 100% of all cases, as has been the case with us, she will blame user error and make you purchase a new part at full price. She will then send the part back to you at your cost. Allow 4 weeks downtime and $$$ for the part and freight.

7. If you buy from us we keep the parts in stock and dont argue warranty. We just get the job done. Downtime from us is no more than 1-2 days.

8. Limac do not cover the spindle under warranty but they dont tell you that. We cover the spindle under our warranty.

9. If you have a problem with the machine they will give you poor advise as Mary is a salesperson, not an engineer. Believe me I have been down this road many times. So be prepared to waste a lot of time here and that is when you can get Mary. Her English is poor so she only communicates on Skype.

10. Becuase of their poor support and communication via phone and Skype they will probably want to send Johnson out to fix it. He also doesn't speak English. Allow 4-5K for every visit he makes to fix your machine. I would allow 4 visits over 5 years as machines need adjusting as they wear.

In summary we have all the parts in stock, compliant machines and offer a very high level of service via our own engineers. Hence why our facebook page and web site are full of happy customers. We also have a full time experienced CNC expert on staff.

This is the reason for the difference in price. I'll let you way up the value. You can allways buy cheep but you always get what you pay for.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
This just got a little more interesting.
I wonder why the local dealer is continuing to do business with Limac with his list of issues he passed on to you.
Will be interesting to see what Artbot finds when he pops the lid on his unit.

wayne k
guam usa

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I too waiting with baited breath. Still have no idea what baited breath is???

Used both ways, the term "baited breath" is more often used as "bated breath". Here's a link to the definition.

Main Entry: bated breath
Part of Speech: n
Definition: the condition of waiting for something to happen; subdued breathing due to high emotions
Example: With bated breath, they went to the mailbox every day.
Etymology: 1933; based on bate meaning 'to moderate, restrain'

Haakon

Worst. Dealer. Ever.

How on earth can they both honestly stand by their delivered product while at the same time throw the supplier under the bus like that?

If they are sooo distrustful towards the supplier, why on earth would they keep on selling their products for year after year? Please ask them this and report back.

It is also in stark contrast to what the australian distributor claim on their own website:
All Limac machines have a 1 year onsite warranty and are fully supported by factory trained engineers. We also employ experienced CNC operators to assist you with your application projects. We sell, service and support this machine both nationally and internationally. Liu Johnson the president and CEO of Limac spent 6 years as the General Manager for Multicam in Northern China. He has brought all of the experience and expertise gained over the years into his own brand of routers. Limac are renown worldwide for their quality, precision and reliability. Liu's team provide high level support to their worldwide network of distributors which is passed onto our customers. Like Liu, we strive for total customer satisfaction.

Funny stuff, seems like a very "truthful" distributor.

Last edited:

Bly

If he stands by his warranty what's the problem?
It sounds like he is just fed up with dealing with the manufacturer.
If he wants to survive in our small market he probably really does have to spend a lot to get the things as reliable as possible.
There's clearly a market for cheaper CNC routers and he's found a way to make a dollar providing them.

Let the buyer beware.

CES020

Liu Johnson the president and CEO of Limac spent 6 years as the General Manager for Multicam in Northern China.

That's disheartening to read. So that would explain why everything they do appears to be trying to copy MultiCam, right down to the machine model numbers.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, who has the Cliffs Notes on this, so we can get right down to the nitty-gritty on this one ??

This thing is see-sawing back & forth so bad, I can't keep the story straight. I know.... I know......:readthread: I did. Four times and it's still Greek to me.... I mean Chinese....... :frustrated:

If I buy direct, I get screwed by Mary for less money then if for more money..... if I buy through a vendor and get screwed with my clothes on it's Okay ??

And what's with all this Chinese mumbo-jumbo monkey business with those characters ??

Anyone that speaks in tongue other than the one supposed to be used is not trustworthy at all.​

You're telling me that the whole place relies on one girl who knows practically nothing to do business with almost the rest of the world ?? This is just a preposterous story. :popcorn:

Just a form of cheap publicity, not even bad advertisement. This kinda sh!t gets you no where. :thankyou:

CES020

Sadly, this is the story a lot in the engraving work too. They all seem to have 1 or 2 sales reps that speak English, and they rarely get all the things they ordered. It's also, for a $6,000 or so Chinese engraver, costing people almost $2K to get it cleared through customs and all the extra charges from clearing companies, etc.

I've seen probably more than 100 unique posts by people that have bought Chinese lasers and to be honest, that email Bly posted is about the exact thing I see posted all the time on lasers. Same types of issues.

I'm not suggesting it's the case here, but I can confirm that the letter he posted describes a lot of experiences I've seen.

I also don't know that dealer, but what is probably leaving his shop is a "LIMAC" highbred that he's creating, and he's probably creating a fairly reliable machine from what he's typed in.

artbot

yawn.... sounds like a rep' just got fired to me. i got one better. how about an honest review of a real live limac that is sitting right in the middle of my new 33,000 SF building about to be plugged in. i don't care one way or the other if it's awesome or terrible. i'll just be completely honest. and over the next few months if it fails in some way, i'll update. from the looks of it, it's a much cleaner/compact design, and built heavier than the mulitcam 3000 series we've been borrowing. in a few days we'll get it going, learn the control software and should be cutting mid next week.

lenwardus

失之东隅,收之桑榆,我们都知道盲人的听觉、触觉都特别发达。这是为什么?原因在于盲人丧失视觉后,生存的需要促使其它感官...实现心理平衡,这被称为“补偿”

Gino

Premium Subscriber
失之东隅,收之桑榆,我们都知道盲人的听觉、触觉都特别发达。这是为什么?原因在于盲人丧失视觉后,生存的需要促使其它感官...实现心理平衡,这被称为“补偿”

How'd I know you were gonna say that....... ?? So predictable. :Sleeping:

artbot

i have half of an update so far. keep in mind we are setting up a large shop and installing lots of equipment, along with hiring, training, and designing.

the limac hardware (table/gantry) is very nice. we have an "R" series that is actually about a year and a half old (bought unused). many improvements have been made since our model. so i won't address anything that has to do with those details.

the type3 software that comes with the machine is free and it is crap. we've now opted for vectric v-carve which it works perfectly with and will also be using rhinocam to interface with our design department.

in about two weeks, my director of operations (who is our cnc expert) will have a final profile of what he would have ordered if he "knew what he knows now". things such as our head isn't the kind that can accept a camera system, what voltage the dust collector needs, what software, short cuts, etc. that list will be very valuable to someone wanting to purchase one. perhaps allowing one to be installed and operational in a few days.

as for limac the company (service, support, culture). they are fantastic. they actually came to our shop from china to make sure we were happy with our machine. i get unsolicited emails from the support department every week asking if we have any more questions. i got a detailed (unsolicited) email just last night discussing some keypad tips that might help us for our particular work flow. you will get support. they will insist that you are happy with your machine. on this note you have absolutely nothing to worry about. i don't think i've ever waited more than 24 hours for a response from limac. i give that a 10.

sorry for the almost complete verdict. maybe in a few weeks, when we are done and done, i'll take lots of photos, have a grocery list for the perfect kit, etc.

as for the "this thing is crap, don't buy it" from some disgruntled salesman. it's not true. this machine is clean, overbuilt, extremely accurate, quiet, and smooth as glass.