• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lines in prints again!!!!

Flame

Alright, I have an old Mutoh Falcon Outdoor II 48".

Running Flexi 8. Ok cool, we got that down.

Problemo is..... I am getting white lines in cyan and black. Most noticeably in black.

I have tried atleast a dozen cleanings (both regular and powerful), have soaked the heads for a combined total of 2 1/2 hours. Have cleaned around the head with a swab, I DO have waste ink running into my tank, and I don't believe I have had any headstrikes (but I could be wrong).

Tried tech support... but no luck yet.

Any ideas, suggestions, things to look into, step adjustments I could make.... etc? Black and Cyan are the worst, but there might even be a slight problem in magent and yellow, as I can faintly notice lines in them too............

mbarden

Hey Flame,
Are you printing masked or transparent rasters? If so what is the resolution? I have had something goofy happen in Flexi when printing above 150 dpi. I corrected it by re-rasterizing the transparent bitmap at 72 dpi.
Just a thought
Mike B
Big River Sign.

Flame

This is in solid colors. I tried print 8" x 8" squares of C,M,Y,K

That's when you most notice it.

Pure vectors.

Also get lines through them when doing a nozzle check.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Have you tried cleaning the encoder strip?
It sounds like clogged nozzles if it's not file related.
Do you have a service plan?

Flame

Warranty is up. No help there.

No clue where or what the encoder strip is (Sorry........ still a bit of a newb). Mind explaining further?

Tech said he doubted that it was the nozzles because in different nozzle checks, the lines were in different patterns. So technically they all fired, just not all at once.

Compilla

"Lines in prints again!!!!"

Justin ,

Could you please upload pictures that describe the problem you're having ?
( nozzle checks & any other prints )

Flame

Just was talking to a tech, and suggested replacing the dampers. He was almost positive that's my problem. My printer is 15 months old... and never had those replaced.

Anyone know a good source to buy them from other than GEI, and do you think I can install them myself?

Bradster941

Hey Justin, does it look something like this?

Attachments

• nz 10-18 07.JPG
    nz 10-18 07.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 247

Flame

I am running a 48" Falcon.... is that considered a Junior?

They didn't offer anything but just "damper" :(

Derf

Flame... if it is your dampers it is an easy fix however

it is easy to tell if it is a print head or a damper problem. Post a nozzle check. If the print is clean but the nozzles are missing then time for a new head. if your colors bleed together or slowly stop printing with big areas of missing ink then it is probably a damper, feed line, or an O ring seal issue.

Post a nozzle check! let us take a look!

S

Sign-Man Signs

Flame,
We had the same excact problem a few months ago. Go into your menu and re-set or set you head height. Nozzles are dragging. We raised ours and cured the problem. All media thickness's are not all the same.