• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lines in prints again!!!!

Flame

Alright, I just replaced my dampers. But now I can't get ink flowing through them? I have a bit of black and magenta flowing, but that's it. How do I get ink pumping through the lines to fill the dampers? Lots of cleanings????

Bill43mx

I don't know for sure if this would work on your printer but on our dtg printer we use a syringe to gently suck the ink ink into the damper before we install the damper on the print head. Basically we're "precharging" the damper with ink. Put the syringe against the part of the damper that fits on the print head nipple and pull the ink through the line into the damper then install the damper.

Graphics2u

Alright, I just replaced my dampers. But now I can't get ink flowing through them? I have a bit of black and magenta flowing, but that's it. How do I get ink pumping through the lines to fill the dampers? Lots of cleanings????

Take a syringe and gently pull ink through the waste line that empty into the waste tank. Make sure the head is all the way to the right and in contact with the capping station. This should pull ink through them. Do both lines until you see plenty of ink in the dampers.

Flame

I'm pumping and I'm pumping..... and it ain't doing jack diddly squat. There is NO ink in the dampers, what so ever.

Graphics2u

If you can't get ink to move through the lines that way there has to be a air leak somewhere. Either in the supply lines coming to the dampers or the fittings and o-rings on the dampers or you don't have a good seal on the capping station. It could also be the pump on the printer, they were famous for the lines that run through them to split and then they won't pump anything and they leak ink in and around the maintenance station.

The only thing else that might be happening is there is alot of air in the supply lines that you need to get out and that might take a while with the syringe.

Sorry man, wish I was there to see it, I've been through the same thing!

Flame

Just got informed I needed to run a fill. Trying that, and will see what happens with that AND the syringe trick.

Flame

I simply CANNOT get any fluid through the lines. It won't pump anything through. The gears on the pump is working, and heads are clear, but nothing pumping through. Checked my o-rings to be sure they're secure, and they are.

Still no pumpage.

Any clues?

Valentino

so the refill didn't work?

on the VJ it has 2 refill type options. Head Wash (which uses cleaning cartridges to flush the lines, then has an initial fill).

2. Initial Fill, which wastes about 5% of ink to refill the lines.

Flame

Yup. Took the top parts of the printer off as well. There isn't even ink pumping through the top lines straight from the cartridge. ZERO pumping, yet the pump by the capping station.... appears to be rolling, and working?

gears turning anyways....

Compilla

Hey Justin,

Did you get you Printer up and running again ?

Please let us know what you did to fix it...

Flame

Ink pump............ the blooming ink pump.

Ordered one. It broke before it got to me. I get my next one Tuesday. I'll let you know how it goes!!!

Flame

Justin,

Just curious,

Did you ever get this beast lined up ?

Just got the parts. So we'll see in a couple days. I'd like to take a moment and thank CMYKparts.com for their awesome service though.

MAN! I was impressed. The site was a little confusing to navigate, but he actually sent me my parts before I got my final payment to him (because I told him I was in a rush). I was blown away. Then one of my parts arrived damaged, and as soon as I called him, he stuck a new one in the mail. This is what I'd consider AWESOME service, and would recommend CMYKparts.com to anyone looking to get parts for their printers (not bad prices either).

I'll update on how the fix goes!