• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lines in prints again!!!!

Flame

I'll try it tomorrow. If nothing else, it's time for dampers. SW said to replace them once a year. So if nothing else, I need them replaced.

I can't take a pic right now, but it looks like the other pic that got posted. Lines through the cyan and black. A good chunk of lines. Oh yeah, and this happened right after using Lava inks. I'm not making that mistake again!!!

I'll let you guys know how the dampers work tomorrow, and I'll try the head height issue as well.

Thanks everyone!!!

Flame

Flame,
We had the same excact problem a few months ago. Go into your menu and re-set or set you head height. Nozzles are dragging. We raised ours and cured the problem. All media thickness's are not all the same.

Maybe I should ask..... how do you set your head height??? I've never messed with that before????

Derf

There is a lever for high or low.. or there is also a screw.. but don't mess with the screw unless you change print heads..

have you done a power clean or used cleaning fluid to wash out your head yet? I have had to do that before

Jackpine

I am running a 48" Falcon.... is that considered a Junior?

They didn't offer anything but just "damper" :(
Call them. They sell other parts that are not on the web site. He is on eBay as imprintgraphic1. Here is a link for printheads for all types or printers. Your printer is not a Junior (36"), yours is listed as a 48". I have bought from him and have recommended him to others. All have had good service. You don't have to buy off eBay, he sells direct. Good products and service. A CD service manual was included when I bought a refurbish kit for my printer. Installed the parts myself. Good luck. Tell him I recommended him and he might give you a discount. His prices are already good. Anyone needing a complete maintenance station can get them through from Mutoh.Mmine was $325.00 http://cgi.ebay.com/MIMAKI-MUTOH-RO...ryZ46724QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bradster941

This is the only head adj. that I know of.

Attachments

• Head adj.jpg
    Head adj.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 158

Flame

Ok, head height wasn't it. I have ran powerful cleanings and have soaked the print heads with a lint free cloth and cleaning solution. Phil Bennet at SW thinks there's some clogging going on BEFORE the ink hits the heads, thus the dampers being all nasty. Especially after running the lava inks.

Sooooooooooo........... gonna try it. I'd hate to buy a new head. Depending on where you get them from, they're like $590-$2300.

Jackpine

Ok, head height wasn't it. I have ran powerful cleanings and have soaked the print heads with a lint free cloth and cleaning solution. Phil Bennet at SW thinks there's some clogging going on BEFORE the ink hits the heads, thus the dampers being all nasty. Especially after running the lava inks.

Sooooooooooo........... gonna try it. I'd hate to buy a new head. Depending on where you get them from, they're like $590-$2300.
All that works but when it doesn't.....I do a head wash and purge the ink lines. It cleans the "gunk" out. Not a bad idea to do every 6 months or so. A tip a Mutoh tech gave me. Seems to me it is all just maintenance as the same as with cars and trucks.

Graphics2u

Flame,

If your printer is a 48" It's not a Falcon II Outdoor, It's just a Falcon Outdoor. They didn't make a 48" Falcon II, only a 64" and 84". Be sure you know what heads your ordering because for one thing there is four heads on a Falcon II and only two on a Falcon. And there's a huge price difference too. Dampers are also different.

Have you tried to pull ink through the waste lines with a syringe? If you do that and it will print good for a few passes then the streaks come back you have a ink supply problem, either a bad line or fitting or Damper.

Your capping station could also be bad and not sealing good. And you can't get a propper head cleaning if that is happening.

MobileImpact

It's not the ink. Give Lava a break. Ive been running Lava and mixing cartridges for quite a while and have NEVER had a head issue. The Ink has nothing to do with the problem. Yearly maint. Is required on your Falcon. Not only would I replace the dampers, I would change the Maint. Station and Heads also. You can buy a COMPLETE rebuild kit from CMYK parts for about $700.

Kevin

MobileImpact

Flamey,

Sorry about the bogus info, I just read that you have a Falcon II, Mine is an original Outdoor. Yeah, parts for the II are much more expensive. CMYK still sells the kits, but I'm not sure how much $$$$.

Kevin

Flame

Wait a second..... you mean my 48" printer isn't a Falcon II? It's a Prismjet, 48".... and they told me it was the Falcon II.........

Is it an original!?!?!? You telling me I next day aired some parts that won't fit my printer!!!!!!!!

Those dampers won't work!?!?!?

Flame

Drats..... It's a Falcon.

Anyone know for SURE if they dampers are different? They look identical in the pics.... but dunno?

Valentino

tomorrow call ken bloom at mutoh. he's real helpful, just tell him your problem and what you've done. Then ask if the dampers will work.

I think they also have service manuals you can order, as well as a exploded image including part numbers.

Compilla

Anyone know for SURE if they dampers are different? They look identical in the pics.... but dunno?

Justin,

On your Falcon Outdoor 48" , all the dampers are the same.

Here's the part# : DF-40129 , ( you'll need 6 of them)

PS.- How long have you been using Lava Inks ?

MobileImpact

Yeah, you got an original Falcon Series. The Falcon II is a much different machine.

But the good news is you can get the refurb kit for about $700.

Kevin

Graphics2u

I'm not sure if the Dampers are different or not.

Have you ever replaced the capping station? If not do it. They're like 5o -70 bucks and can cause the problem you are having because when they get bad the head is not properly cleaned.

Be Glad it's a Falcon the heads for my Falcon II are 600- 800 and there's four of them!

Flame

I guess it IS a Falcon. Never replaced my capping station.... so might have to order one next week.

I used Lava inks for just under 2 weeks. My prints were just not satisfactory, so I switched to OEM, and voila' .... more problems. Not sure if the Lava Inks were the problem, but they might have been a factor. I was rather dissappointed in them.