• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo Carpet maniacs

WildWestDesigns

Also, I assume the rug comes white and you sublimate the ink on it. Is that how it works? or are you sublimating onto a black rug.

It's white. You can't dye anything on totally black substrate with sublimation. Only way is if a black rug had a white panel to sublimate (such as the case with black mugs, but there are issues with those as well).

WildWestDesigns

Black can turn out really well using sublimation inks, but it depends on the substrate and the profile. Type of printer can also affect how it lays and even the individual printer might actually lay a little more ink then another.

TXFB.INS

Please PM the price as well,

what machines did you finally end up getting?

On shirts how do you work the designs onto a black shirt since dye submission is best on white/light

WildWestDesigns

Please PM the price as well,

what machines did you finally end up getting?

On shirts how do you work the designs onto a black shirt since dye submission is best on white/light

I would actually use white poly embroidery thread and sublimate that on the darker substrates. Gives it an embroidered look, but you don't have to do the complicated digitizing if it was all embroidery. Plus you are able to use cotton and blends instead of just pure poly due to the fact that you are only sublimating on the pure poly embroidery thread.

Other then that, you would have to sublimate the white shirt black around the design. If you use this method, I would suggest using a shirt that you have to sew up afterward. Otherwise, the armpits will be an issue with getting sublimated at the very least.

I don't know of a black poly shirt that would have a white space for a sublimated design (at least the white space positioned logically for this application) like you have on black coffee mugs with the white band around them to sublimate.

JoshLoring

White is the base for everything, if someone wants a black shirt I'll dye it all black, or just silkscreen xfer it. Easy fix. Having a huge press helps make things easier and cleaner.

Had a bunch of wraps today but still played a bit.

Attachments

• image-2203357539.jpg
    image-2203357539.jpg
    414.7 KB · Views: 116
  • image-2911832639.jpg
    image-2911832639.jpg
    424.8 KB · Views: 114
  • image-935188589.jpg
    image-935188589.jpg
    430.3 KB · Views: 118

OlsonSigns601

White is the base for everything, if someone wants a black shirt I'll dye it all black, or just silkscreen xfer it. Easy fix. Having a huge press helps make things easier and cleaner.

Had a bunch of wraps today but still played a bit.

Very nice.

Did you get a new healing mat? looks shiney like the day we got ours.

J

john1

I hope to one day have a nice shop like yours Josh, Great work as always

JoshLoring

I hope to one day have a nice shop like yours Josh, Great work as always

I hope to have one someday too! Our office area is nice.. The shop.. Could use some work! Lol

Those look great. What printer are you using?

Mutoh from Advanced Color Solutiions.

More fun..
I saw an old Allbright shirt and liked the style. Threw this together real quick.

Attachments

• image-3943556681.jpg
    image-3943556681.jpg
    341.1 KB · Views: 108

JoshLoring

Tried some all over designs printed inside out so they looked worn and vintage. I think I like this type of application the most.

Attachments

• image-2969099783.jpg
    image-2969099783.jpg
    484.7 KB · Views: 105
  • image-1653435803.jpg
    image-1653435803.jpg
    471.1 KB · Views: 116
  • image-3561725363.jpg
    image-3561725363.jpg
    448.2 KB · Views: 130