• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo design - before and after

Todd-sta

Client hasn't approved this yet, but this is what I came up with as an updated logo for a Kitchen/Bath company who has a reputation as an upscale/reliable business.

Customer wanted to retain the 'cloud' in some fashion.... I thought adding some 'sunrays' brought a warmth to the overall look.

I went for clean, classy, and contemporary.... the three 'C's.' :)

I am hoping he goes with this - I really like it. Feel free to 'weigh-in.

Attachments

• McDaniels-Logo-1_zps12dffdc5.jpg
    McDaniels-Logo-1_zps12dffdc5.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 107
Last edited by a moderator:

Jillbeans

I like it much better than what he had but would like to see the sun rays in a golden yellow.
Love...Jill

Todd-sta

You thinking more like this, Jill?

Attachments

• McDaniels-Logo-2_zps8366b1e1.jpg
    McDaniels-Logo-2_zps8366b1e1.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 79
Last edited by a moderator:

Jillbeans

Yup.
I think I'd like to see no dashes on either side of and, or an ampersand or even a • between Kitchen & bath.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yup.
I think I'd like to see no dashes on either side of and, or an ampersand or even a • between Kitchen & bath.
Agree with this wholeheartedly, but I also think you're pushing the limits with the words going to the edge like that. It makes for too much tension for me. It steals from the main name because of this.

Almost bottom heavy.

Todd-sta

Thanks for the feedback people. I like the golden yellow better too - nice call, Jill.

I have to keep "and' in the tagline because this company has had a professionally made radio 'jingle' that sings out the logo.... has been used locally for years and is something people in this area are used to. The jingle reinforces the Company name.

I did work up an initial version with the ampersand.... but had to replace it for the same reason -

I like the 'golden yellow.' I originally thought of using yellow, but knew that it would 'disappear' into it's white surroundings and be virtually invisible from a distance when translated into signs - so the golden yellow has enough 'hue' variation so as to look good and be visible.

Gino - I think you are on to something with your suggestion to reduce the secondary 'Kitchen/Bath' line..... this was bothering me a little bit also. I think I will re-scale that line of text a bit.

Thanks! :thankyou:

Jillbeans

I think as long as you keep "Kitchen and Bath" all the same size/weight it will be fine.
Those dashes seem to make the word AND more important than it is.
Always enjoy seeing your work, Todd.

John Butto

theiroldlogo

updated logo / I like their old logo cloud, you could put your sunshine steaks instead of orange but that would take me to long

Todd-sta

Some more tweaks.... thoughts?

Attachments

• McDaniels-Logo-Series.jpg
    McDaniels-Logo-Series.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

Craig Sjoquist

Ok the changes to secondary copy are good ...but still looks like a sans serif be better myself when ya have a fancy main tile serif ... The secondary should be plain sans serif

Myself the dark panel works well like the... left middle ya can use a lighter shade but not like it's so light like the upper right one.

Dan Antonelli

Hi Todd-

Does the jingle say and spell 'a - n - d'? Otherwise not sure why you wouldn't use an ampersand there. I'm confused by what you meant about it being used in a jingle-

Only other comment is I'm not sure what the sun and rays have to do with a kitchen and bath company. It's a huge improvement for sure, just generally I'd prefer a stronger graphical tie in to the nature of the business in case the secondary copy is missed.

Good job!

Marlene

middle on the right hand side. not loving the little "and", either make it the same size as the rest of the copy in that line or change over to an "&". like Dan said, unless the spell out a-n-d in the ad, it makes no sense to spell it out in the logo.

Dennis422

Use a different font for a tag line. Make is sans-serif or script to have a contrast between the company name and the tag line.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
middle on the right hand side. not loving the little "and", either make it the same size as the rest of the copy in that line or change over to an "&". like Dan said, unless the spell out a-n-d in the ad, it makes no sense to spell it out in the logo.

Another vote for middle right, but shorten up the two rules. John Butto's appraoch is rather neat, also. Perhaps though, if someone is entertaining the fact of changing their logo, they want more than just a type style changed. I must add.... I'm not terribly fond of the weakness, in the style you choose thus far. I'd rather see something which shouts a little more.

signmeup

Top right post #12. Mostly because I would be selling them a dimensional sign and that pill with the tag line would work really well.

Sweet logo.

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
cloud with sunrays reminds me too much of a church/sunday school - just a thought.