• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo design - before and after

Marlene

Vis.... the client is a very devout Christian man... so the Sunday School theme would be a +. :)

just be glad he isn't into drag racing. there's an heating & ventilating company around here that has one of types of dragsters that are long with the little wheels in the front and huge ones on the back as their logo. really stupid looking as it has nothing to with anything, just what the guy is into. at least you got a cloud and shine which could be seen as just happy instead of a big "huh???". I like the way it looks on the van that signmeup posted.

Todd-sta

Hahah. I don't post too much anymore. Tough crowd! hahah.....

By the way, you could drive a truck through that kerning hahahah.... (I've been saving that one for ages lol)

I was thinking that having the 'Kitchen and Bath' semi-sized kerning would allow better legibility at a distance - don't make me look for examples where you used very wide open kerning..... haha!

But I do like the McDaniels tightened up as someone posted above.

Thanks for the illustration.... quack, quack. :thumb:

Todd-sta

just be glad he isn't into drag racing. there's an heating & ventilating company around here that has one of types of dragsters that are long with the little wheels in the front and huge ones on the back as their logo. really stupid looking as it has nothing to with anything, just what the guy is into. at least you got a cloud and shine which could be seen as just happy instead of a big "huh???". I like the way it looks on the van that signmeup posted.

Thanks! The original 'cloud' came from the prior owner and I don't think it had anything to do with his religious affiliation. I'll have to ask him the significance of that - and in fact, should have in the first place.

Thanks again!

Dan Antonelli

I meant for McDaniels-- looks much better tight for primary copy.

FOr secondary copy, I frequently have more than a trucks' width there - you wouldn't have to look far! :)

signmeup

Hahah. I don't post too much anymore. Tough crowd! hahah.....

By the way, you could drive a truck through that kerning hahahah.... (I've been saving that one for ages lol)
The kerning on McDaniels looks visually consistant to me. That it's wider (or narrower) than one designer or anothers taste seems irrelevant. The tracking on the kitchen and bath part is a case in point. Why is it acceptable there and not on the larger copy? I find tight kerning on signage is counter productive at a distance. Makes the words harder to read. This is particularly true of gilded lettering... but I digress...

Todd, you're logo looks fine IMHO. Don't turn it into a camel. (camel- noun- "a horse designed by a committee".)

Todd-sta

I meant for McDaniels-- looks much better tight for primary copy.

FOr secondary copy, I frequently have more than a trucks' width there - you wouldn't have to look far! :)

LOL.... thanks Dan - just having a a little fun. Love you stuff - inspirational! Have an excellent day... and thanks for your advice the other day too! :thumb:

Todd-sta

Adjusted kerning on originals..... and gave him another batch with heavier font for McDaniels, different 'rays', and swapped out the 'and' for an ampersand. I kinda liked 'Tiki's' McDaniels font.... but couldn't find it... what is that?

Sent it to client for review....

Attachments

• McDaniels-Logo-Series-1.jpg
    McDaniels-Logo-Series-1.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 81
  • McDaniels-Logo-Series-3.jpg
    McDaniels-Logo-Series-3.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

54warrior

Clouds make me think of sleep. When I first saw it, I felt like it should be a mattress company, not a kitchen and bath business. It looks good otherwise though.

Adjusted kerning on originals..... and gave him another batch with heavier font for McDaniels, different 'rays', and swapped out the 'and' for an ampersand. I kinda liked 'Tiki's' McDaniels font.... but couldn't find it... what is that?

Sent it to client for review....

The font Tiki used is called Americana.

...unless you are referring to the Bank Gothic.