• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

logo idea

genericname

A little late to the game here, and while the scamming of free advice is bothersome, I find the blatant plagiarism of Jill's design to be the most disturbing. Normally I'd be touting fair use, as it was a recommendation based on freely given advice, but it was made under false pretences.

That is, straight up, theft.

Scamming free advice is one thing. Plagiarism is another entirely. He could probably argue that, because he was vetting other designs through here, his version of Jill's logo came first, but it clearly doesn't match the chronology of the rest of the thread.

You can bet that this isn't the first time he pulled something like this, and if he keeps it up, he's going to steal from the wrong person one day. I hope he does, and finds expensive lawyers knocking on his door.

slipperyfrog

A little late to the game here, and while the scamming of free advice is bothersome, I find the blatant plagiarism of Jill's design to be the most disturbing. Normally I'd be touting fair use, as it was a recommendation based on freely given advice, but it was made under false pretences.

That is, straight up, theft.

Scamming free advice is one thing. Plagiarism is another entirely. He could probably argue that, because he was vetting other designs through here, his version of Jill's logo came first, but it clearly doesn't match the chronology of the rest of the thread.

You can bet that this isn't the first time he pulled something like this, and if he keeps it up, he's going to steal from the wrong person one day. I hope he does, and finds expensive lawyers knocking on his door.

I think this is enough for someone like Jill to call out his the Visual Impact site to stop using the logo.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I really wasn't following this one until just now and this was exactly why I had asked him in the beginning to post some other things up. It was quite obvious from the git-go he was up to something. I didn't figure on this outcome, but similar.

jkdbjj

I really wasn't following this one until just now and this was exactly why I had asked him in the beginning to post some other things up. It was quite obvious from the git-go he was up to something. I didn't figure on this outcome, but similar.

Why is post 38 not clear enough? I made it specifically after you previous post about my design ability.

I said it clearly I did not want to take credit for something that wasn't mine.

Circleville Signs

You're an idiot. The good news is that it will be awesomely entertaining whenever you post now, because I'm 100% certain that lots of us will reply to EVERY THREAD with a link to your lame *** crowd sourced logo thread.

You won't get an ounce of help or respect from anyone here, ever again.

Joe Diaz

Whether or not some "kid" was helping you isn't even really the issue. The issue was you were using the people of this community to help judge your crowd sourcing contest, under false pretenses. Never once did you tell us that you were using a crowd sourcing site to come up with these concepts. Everyone one here was trying to help you develop as a designer. Had they known a crowd sourcing site was a part of the equation, they most likely would not have helped.

Fist of all the designers on that site can't see our advice so we are wasting out time helping someone who doesn't even design.

Second of all crowd sourcing hurts this industry. It cheapens what we do for a living.

I believe you knew this and that is why you mislead us. Now we know.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Why is post 38 not clear enough? I made it specifically after you previous post about my design ability.

I said it clearly I did not want to take credit for something that wasn't mine.
Yo.... jk.

You made it abundantly clear in your first two pages of posts this was all you. I saw the vast differences and knew you were up to something. You wanted to ask Dan A for help and didn't want the freebies as you are an excellent drawer.... you are what most consider a fraud.... and until someone found you out.... a pretty good one.

There are a few bottom feeders everywhere in life and those who know..... stay clear, but for those who are naive, we'll just have to keep reminding the newbies of your dastardly ways.
Stick around.... maybe something good might rub off on you. :rolleyes:

HulkSmash

Please see this post.
http://www.signs101.com/forums/showpost.php?p=972352&postcount=38

As for all the comments, yes I have been busy this week. Had I noticed all these comments I would have chimed in earlier.

To each his own. I chose one kid of the site and worked with him.
Jill took his concept and offered some ideas. How much clearer could I have been that I was not designing by myself???

i bet the guy who designed it is older than you. What a great kid.

Jillbeans

You mean you took Jill's concept, gave it to him, and he offered some ideas, don't you?
Actually I used Pat's concept.
Even his crayon on a pizza box scribble looked better than anything you did.
I for one will never help you again, and you are on the ignore list with Adholio.